Green loses patience with Leinart's holdout

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Leinart and Condon are a-holes. 14 Million guaranteed for the 10th pick is not good enough?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5860360?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green has lost his patience with rookie Matt Leinart and his contract holdout.

Green sharply criticized Leinart and his representatives on Monday for rejecting "a more than generous" offer from the team.

"It is an outstanding contract," Green said. "It's $14 million guaranteed."

Green said the deal is far more than a 10th pick would normally receive.

Leinart's agent, Tom Condon, did not return a telephone message seeking a response to Green's comments.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'd call Condon more of an a-hole then Leinart but this is just getting ridiculous
Leinart is burying himself

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
It's at the point similar to Rivers in 2004. The Cards better hope that Warner doesn't go down, because Leinart will not be up to speed in the offense for a good part of the season.

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
I wonder if the GM takes the lead from AJ, and do a "Gates".... probably not possible, but it helped get his A.s.s. in camp....

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
SanDiegoRon said:
I wonder if the GM takes the lead from AJ, and do a "Gates".... probably not possible, but it helped get his A.s.s. in camp....
That doesn't pertain to drafted rookies. I think it only is applicable to ERFA's (and maybe RFA's).

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
I don't recall...was Leaf late cominta camp!!:icon_shrug:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
WonderSlug said:
No, but their attitudes seem to match so far. :icon_wink:
All I remember is he threw that little 2 yard TD in the first preseason game, and I thot the Chargers were gonna be in good shape at QB for quite awhile.

Sure was wrong on that account. :icon_eek: :no: :icon_sad: :icon_evil: