Grade on Andy Green? Much better than many Padres fans admit

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The comments section of the article provides very good rebuttals to the article.

I’m admittedly not a Green fan but if he can get them to a third place finish or .500 I think he deserves another season.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The comments section of the article provides very good rebuttals to the article.

I’m admittedly not a Green fan but if he can get them to a third place finish or .500 I think he deserves another season.
yeah it's still jury out for most. I'd say if they can remain on the trajectory Green mentioned, ie stay on the path towards being able to take on the doggers for the division within 2 years then stick around. If they tail off and stray from that path, adios. Pretty simple.

I would agree with the article re: Green has them around .500 and doing the best in a decade so that speaks for itself. Gotta continue to improve though. The comments are also valid.

Final note: I ususally don't put a hell of a lot of stock in the players comments who are cuurently under contract with the team and are playing for the manager. As an example I'll always remember philip defending norb right up til the bitter end, right along with nick canepa. He was dead wrong about his head coach and speaking merely out of his comfort zone and not wanting to change.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Final note: I ususally don't put a hell of a lot of stock in the players comments who are cuurently under contract with the team and are playing for the manager. As an example I'll always remember philip defending norb right up til the bitter end, right along with nick canepa. He was dead wrong about his head coach and speaking merely out of his comfort zone and not wanting to change.
None of their star players were quoted. Instead we got Stammen and Garcia.