• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Good news on Nick Hardwick

MadMike

Chargers | Hardwick putting on good weight
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:21:40 -0700

Kevin Acee, writing for the Sporting News, reports San Diego Chargers OC Nick Hardwick (6-4, 295) has put on 20 pounds since the end of the season and is working to add another 10 or 15. Hardwick knows the added weight will help him as he competes against ever-stronger and bigger defensive tackles.

http://www.kffl.com/player/9557/NFL

Love this kid, always thought he played with fire and had great skills, just undersized, especially for the running game. He also got worn down quickly as the season went on and got hurt alot. I think he knows he didnt play up to the level the Chargers expected last year and he knows that putting on weight, becoming more sturdy will help him against the big DT's in the league. I think this is great news for the Chargers o-line.

MadMike

MadMike said:
Chargers | Hardwick putting on good weight
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:21:40 -0700

Kevin Acee, writing for the Sporting News, reports San Diego Chargers OC Nick Hardwick (6-4, 295) has put on 20 pounds since the end of the season and is working to add another 10 or 15. Hardwick knows the added weight will help him as he competes against ever-stronger and bigger defensive tackles.

http://www.kffl.com/player/9557/NFL

Love this kid, always thought he played with fire and had great skills, just undersized, especially for the running game. He also got worn down quickly as the season went on and got hurt alot. I think he knows he didnt play up to the level the Chargers expected last year and he knows that putting on weight, becoming more sturdy will help him against the big DT's in the league. I think this is great news for the Chargers o-line.

MadMike
Thanks for the post MadMike. This is great news. I've always thought that Hardwick made up for his lack of size with tenacity and just plain meanness. If he's been working hard and getting bigger, that's great news for the Chargers.