• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gnats vs. Padres

rexy2006

Well-Known Member
#1
Coming up: Clay Hensley (7-9, 4.41 EA) kicks off a 10-game PETCO Park homestand for the Padres on Monday night at 7:05 p.m. PT. He'll face the Giants' Brad Hennessey (4-2, 2.93 ERA).

Game Notes:SS Greene left Sunday's game with a contusion of his left hand after being hit by a pitch from Backe in the fifth inning. He was taken for precautionary X-rays. The x-ray showed nothing structurally wrong, although another exam will be taken in San Diego on Monday.
The hand is swollen again, not far from the knuckle that was previously injured, and it's doubtful he'll be able to play against the Giants on Monday.

Crap. That means seeing more of Blum at SS. While I like the guy, he just cant hit. Sometimes, he cant field. Oy.

I am still thining POSITIVE, though.:tup: :yes: :tup:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#4
rexy2006 said:
Coming up: Clay Hensley (7-9, 4.41 EA) kicks off a 10-game PETCO Park homestand for the Padres on Monday night at 7:05 p.m. PT. He'll face the Giants' Brad Hennessey (4-2, 2.93 ERA).

Game Notes:SS Greene left Sunday's game with a contusion of his left hand after being hit by a pitch from Backe in the fifth inning. He was taken for precautionary X-rays. The x-ray showed nothing structurally wrong, although another exam will be taken in San Diego on Monday.
The hand is swollen again, not far from the knuckle that was previously injured, and it's doubtful he'll be able to play against the Giants on Monday.

Crap. That means seeing more of Blum at SS. While I like the guy, he just cant hit. Sometimes, he cant field. Oy.

I am still thining POSITIVE, though.:tup: :yes: :tup:
Khalil started.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#14
ESPN jes showed the Pads top 3 Defensive Plays of all time-

3. Khalil
2. Cammy
1. Ozzie

good **** on a depressin nite!!:) :tup:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#17
Man, its gettin harder and hareder ta stay on the bandwagon...I hate sayin that, but Godammit, they had sooo many chancesta push across 1 freakin run and couldn't do it!!:no: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_sad: :icon_evil:

Aw F**kit, come back and get them Giant sumb1tches tomorrow!!:)
 

rexy2006

Well-Known Member
#18
Positive vibes for Tuesday's game, since I am going:

Pitching Matchup:

SD: RHP Chris Young (9-5, 3.84 ERA)
Over 12 starts at home this season, Young is 4-5 with a 5.10 ERA.

SF: RHP Matt Morris (8-10, 4.75 ERA)
Morris has not won a start since July 14, going 0-3 over his five starts since then. Player to watch
Brian Giles and Matt Morris have faced off 33 times, and Morris has struck out the Padres right fielder just one time. Giles has six RBIs, two home runs and three doubles off Morris. Giles is hitting .364 lifetime (12-of-33) against the Giants' right-hander.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#19
BFISA said:
Man, its gettin harder and hareder ta stay on the bandwagon...I hate sayin that, but Godammit, they had sooo many chancesta push across 1 freakin run and couldn't do it!!:no: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_sad: :icon_evil:

Aw F**kit, come back and get them Giant sumb1tches tomorrow!!:)
The past month and a half has been a tough one for the Pads. :icon_confused:

13-13 in July and 5-8 so far this month. :icon_sad:

They failed to win half of their last 40 games. :no:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#22
rexy2006 said:
Positive vibes for Tuesday's game, since I am going:

Pitching Matchup:

SD: RHP Chris Young (9-5, 3.84 ERA)
Over 12 starts at home this season, Young is 4-5 with a 5.10 ERA.

SF: RHP Matt Morris (8-10, 4.75 ERA)
Morris has not won a start since July 14, going 0-3 over his five starts since then. Player to watch
Brian Giles and Matt Morris have faced off 33 times, and Morris has struck out the Padres right fielder just one time. Giles has six RBIs, two home runs and three doubles off Morris. Giles is hitting .364 lifetime (12-of-33) against the Giants' right-hander.
Got that **** right, Darlin...positive vibes!!

Go Pads!!:)
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#23
WonderSlug said:
The past month and a half has been a tough one for the Pads. :icon_confused:

13-13 in July and 5-8 so far this month. :icon_sad:

They failed to win half of their last 40 games. :no:
F**kit...turn the page!!:) :tup:
 
#25
I guess this would probably be the wrong place to say that the Dodgers are having their best winning streak in 107 years...:icon_banana:

Yeah some things are just best left unsaid....ignore the dancing banana. How just plain rude.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#26
houston we have a problem

but even if we don't make the playoffs, we have alot of good pieces for the long term future better then last year

(A-Gon, Barfield, Greene, Cameron, Giles, Hoffman, Linebrink, Hensley, Young, Merdith, Adkins, Cassidy, Sweeney, Ben Johnson)
 

Top