Get hyped Star Wars fans!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Savage Lizard

FORMER Charger fan at 7000'
Jul 12, 2007
Big Bear Lake, CA
www.savagelizard.com
First we get all the "Boba fett escaped from the saarlac" sh*t from the Fett fan boys and extended universe. Then we have Darth Maul with robot legs in Solo, and now it looks like Palpatine is somehow not dead. Star Wars is losing me with this soap opera, nobody ever really dies bullsh*t.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
First we get all the "Boba fett escaped from the saarlac" sh*t from the Fett fan boys and extended universe. Then we have Darth Maul with robot legs in Solo, and now it looks like Palpatine is somehow not dead. Star Wars is losing me with this soap opera, nobody ever really dies bullsh*t.
Oh, then you're gonna love the gradual rebirth of half the Marvel universe after Infinity War... :roflmao:

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
After Lucas did!

Nothing Disney has done (yet) damaged the franchise more than the prequel trilogy (3 ******' films!!!) generally,
or Jar Jar Binks, specifically...

(and I say this as one who often uses the word 'evil' to describe Disney)
Agree the prequels were terrible, and yes Jar Jar, lol.

But Kathleen Kennedy had to go all in on social justice warrior plot lines since Disney took over, and ruin it even further. Perhaps JJ Abrams can save the final episode - we shall see.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015

But Kathleen Kennedy had to go all in on social justice warrior plot lines since Disney took over, and ruin it even further. Perhaps JJ Abrams can save the final episode - we shall see.
Darth Vader got cut from the movie because he was too touchy-feely with the ladies on the Death Star.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I would suggest if yall don't like Star Wars and Super Hero movies....

Don't go see them....

*ducks for cover*

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011

Don't go see them....

*ducks for cover*
It's like the Chargers - you can love something, but still continue to be let down with the final product.........and then bitch about it.

I have loved Star Wars since I was a kid, although not to the extent of the dude in the video above I posted.

Loved the first three, thought the prequels were meh, thought Force Awakens was pretty good and Last Jedi sucked ass. I really enjoyed Rogue One, and have yet to see Solo.

Reactions: Concudan

Savage Lizard

FORMER Charger fan at 7000'
Jul 12, 2007
Big Bear Lake, CA
www.savagelizard.com

Don't go see them....

*ducks for cover*
I'll stick it out with Star wars, though The Last Jedi was pretty disappointing. I am pretty much out on Superhero movies unless something looks different. I love Deadpool, great stuff! And I think I am going to dig this, though I don't know if it counts as a superhero movie. Basically the Superman story, but kid goes evil instead of good.

Reactions: Concudan

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011

I promise, treating females as fully human does not make one a "social justice warrior." It just makes you a decent person.

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
I promise, treating females as fully human does not make one a "social justice warrior." It just makes you a decent person.
Lance, please - stop virtue signaling. You don't know me. You don't know how I treat women. STOP, you ignorant bastard.

I have nothing wrong with females as "super heroes", or as Jedi's in Star Wars. I loved "Wonder Woman" - thought it was one of the best comic book hero movies I've ever seen, and I am NOT into the DC/Marvel movies at all - just never got into comics as a kid. BTW, I went to see that movie with my three nieces, my sister and my mom.

With regards to Rey in Star Wars, I thought it was ridiculous that she was able to basically master many Jedi "powers" on her own, with no training whatsoever, or even knowing she was a Jedi. Every other Jedi, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader/etc, all had to go through extensive training, and overcome failure, fear, and negative emotions to master their skill set.

The "I'm a girl and I'm just as good as the boys and don't even have to train" was not only dumb, it did not create a good character arc, and was completely unnecessary.

That being said, I still like Rey's character and will be looking forward to seeing where things go.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Lance, please - stop virtue signaling. You don't know me. You don't know how I treat women. STOP, you ignorant bastard.

I have nothing wrong with females as "super heroes", or as Jedi's in Star Wars. I loved "Wonder Woman" - thought it was one of the best comic book hero movies I've ever seen, and I am NOT into the DC/Marvel movies at all - just never got into comics as a kid. BTW, I went to see that movie with my three nieces, my sister and my mom.

With regards to Rey in Star Wars, I thought it was ridiculous that she was able to basically master many Jedi "powers" on her own, with no training whatsoever, or even knowing she was a Jedi. Every other Jedi, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader/etc, all had to go through extensive training, and overcome failure, fear, and negative emotions to master their skill set.

The "I'm a girl and I'm just as good as the boys and don't even have to train" was not only dumb, it did not create a good character arc, and was completely unnecessary.

That being said, I still like Rey's character and will be looking forward to seeing where things go.
If chicks are flying through space and blowing stuff up, I'll be watching.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
As much as I despise Disney, as a corporation, I think I will sign up in November for their streaming service.
Not so much for the Star Wars stuff, but because I haven't had cable in years, and want to get caught up
on the last 100 or so Simpsons episodes...