• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gates Good to Go

LT teh ghost

A week ago, tight end Antonio Gates was in a scout team jersey helping his teammates prepare for Cowboys tight end Jason Witten. He must have done a pretty good job, seeing how Witten caught just one pass for 12 yards Sunday.

This week, he’ll be running with the Chargers first team offense during practice as he prepares to make his return Sunday.

“I’m running with the ones this week,” Gates joked. “The opportunity is there for me to go out and play again. That’s the most important part for me. I’m glad all the contract stuff is behind me so that I can go out there and play football again.”

Physically, Gates feels like he’s made great strides although he hasn’t played in an NFL game since January.

“Game shape always remains to be seen,” Gates said. “I think I’m definitely in practice shape now. When I got here, I wasn’t but I’m there now. I haven’t played a game yet, but I’m feeling pretty good.”

Roster Move

In order to make room for Gates on the active roster, the Chargers waived tight end Landon Trusty Monday.

T10

BoltTalker
Man I'm stoked about finally getting to see Gates back in there. I think he's going to make a significant impact. I wish I could be as excited about our secondary.