• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Balls.

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#2
I think Jamal Williams is showing himself to be the best NT in the game now.

I remember that one play where he pushed back the Pitt center about 3 yards and, while still tied up with him, reach out with his right arm and grabbed Big Ben and pulled him down!

:tup:
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#4
1. Philip Rivers - Welcome to the NFL buddy
2. Jamal Williams - Manster was on the ball!
3. Eric Parker - I just love what this guy does
4. Marlon Mcree - Nice play by the whole secondary

Special Ball: Marty Schottenheimer
Why this? Because I tore him a new one last week for marty ball and he didn't do that this time. So when he didn't I have to give him so love.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#5
Yeah, the OL did well again tonight.

Yes, Rivers was sacked twice, but it was on plays where Pitt seriously overloaded the left side and had 3 or 4 rushers to our 2 or 3 blockers.

I see that once Rivers had success throwing the ball, Pitt stopped rushing 7 or 8 and only rushed 4 or 5. Once that happened, Rivers was really under duress just one time.
 

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
#6
might the prophacy (sp) be true?

we believed in PR, now I think the entire league will believe

not a perfect game but great toughness comming back after that early int :tup:

p.s. loved it when the sideline reporter told PR to calm down a little:lol:
 
#9
thejdog said:
1) Phillips Rivers - Breakout game. Trumpy/ Eldwin/ PR#1/CCG et. all look like geniuses.

2) Jamal Williams - Don't forget I "discovered" the guy

3) Sean Phillips - Could be the best rush DE in the NFL

4) Louis Castillo - quietly goes about his business and just makes plays. Pro Bowl alternate IMHO

HUGE Win !!:icon_party:
:lol: :icon_mrgreen: Do not let teresa see the 2 LL in Philip Rivers name she will kill you.:icon_mrgreen: :lol:

My Game balls goes out to:

1) The D-Line.

2) Michael the Burner Turner.
 

Shamrock

Well-Known Member
#11
WonderSlug said:
Yeah, the OL did well again tonight.

Yes, Rivers was sacked twice, but it was on plays where Pitt seriously overloaded the left side and had 3 or 4 rushers to our 2 or 3 blockers.

I see that once Rivers had success throwing the ball, Pitt stopped rushing 7 or 8 and only rushed 4 or 5. Once that happened, Rivers was really under duress just one time.
The OL did do well.

The sacks were mostly overloads where RB's got matched up on defenders. Someone (Neal I think) missed an assignment when Porter came free, and Neal got run over once too for a sack. LT missed two blocks on blitz pickups.

The OL could have opened some more holes early in the run game, but overall they had a very good game against a team that runs complicated blitzes. Nice communication on the protection schemes. Henry and Hunter deserve props too.
 

CCG

Well-Known Member
#13
BFISA said:
So, you're stickin with 12-2 for the 'Pack??:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:
Young Daniel Evans will lead us to to 10-2 in the regular season and a BCS bowl game. He looks a lot like Philip when he was a freshman.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#15
CCG said:
Young Daniel Evans will lead us to to 10-2 in the regular season and a BCS bowl game. He looks a lot like Philip when he was a freshman.
Y'all ain't gointa no BCS bowl with a lossta Akron, and please...Southern Miss??:D :lol

That dog jes ain't gonna hunt :tdown: :no:
 

CCG

Well-Known Member
#17
BFISA said:
Y'all ain't gointa no BCS bowl with a lossta Akron, and please...Southern Miss??:D :lol

That dog jes ain't gonna hunt :tdown: :no:
We just smacked around two ranked teams, BC and Florida St. The two losses don't count because Stone was the QB. We win the next 10 straight and we'll be in a BCS bowl and the schedule favors us too.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#18
CCG said:
We just smacked around two ranked teams, BC and Florida St. The two losses don't count because Stone was the QB. We win the next 10 straight and we'll be in a BCS bowl and the schedule favors us too.
Y'all did smack FSU around, I'll give ya that. ChucK Amato hasta work on lowerin his voice a cuppola octives.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
#19
WonderSlug said:
I think Jamal Williams is showing himself to be the best NT in the game now.

I remember that one play where he pushed back the Pitt center about 3 yards and, while still tied up with him, reach out with his right arm and grabbed Big Ben and pulled him down!

:tup:
They jes showed that play you described on Sportscenter!!

Freakin Incredible!!:tup:
 
#20
turbo_turtle said:
:lol: :icon_mrgreen: Do not let teresa see the 2 LL in Philip Rivers name she will kill you.:icon_mrgreen: :lol:

My Game balls goes out to:

1) The D-Line.

2) Michael the Burner Turner.

Why, thank you... :eek:

Gates had a TD. Fantastic catch, I might add.... I'd be thinking about giving him a game ball too...

Oh hell... Game balls for everyone.... :icon_toast:
 
#22
MasterOfPuppets said:
might the prophacy (sp) be true?

we believed in PR, now I think the entire league will believe

not a perfect game but great toughness comming back after that early int :tup:

p.s. loved it when the sideline reporter told PR to calm down a little:lol:
I wuz laughin at him. he's so funny when he gets that frickin wound up. u cant slow him down...on the field..or off!
 
#23
turbo_turtle said:
:lol: :icon_mrgreen: Do not let teresa see the 2 LL in Philip Rivers name she will kill you.:icon_mrgreen: :lol:

My Game balls goes out to:

1) The D-Line.

2) Michael the Burner Turner.

so true! straighten up the spellin or yall are in bigggggggggg trouble!!
 

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
#24
MTL's top 10

1. Jamal Williams

This guy wanted to win more than anyone else you could feel it.

2. Philip Rivers

If Marty realizes you open up the running game with the passing game, LT will improve his pathetic YPC stats. Rivers is the next Dan Marino and has the bawls to squeeze it into tight spots unlike Drewsephina.

3. Michael Turner

Key kickoff return and some tremendous runs and key conversions. Made LT look like he should retire. If his body lasts for another decade, future hall of famer and multiple super bowl winner?

4. Marcus McNeill

Looked like a perennial pro bowler yet again. AJ lock him up :lol:

5. Nick Hardwick

Threw some nice blocks and held his own against Hampton. Not his fault that he couldn't pick up the extra blitzers through the gut a few times. Very efficient with his line calls.

6. Eric Parker

Solid route running, sharp breaks, fearless attitude.... so what if he dropped an easy one, he had a killer game

7. Kris Dielman

Played like a rock between McNeill and Hardwick... threw good blocks in motion and played like he wanted it more.

8. Nate Kaeding

Made his kicks had a touchback good job farm boy.

9. Drayton Florence

Good coverage all game long.

10. Greg Manusky

Cameo on SNF. When Madden asked him what the linebackers were going to do scheme-wise to the Squealers he simply said "WE'RE GONNA KILL 'EM". AJ promote this guy immediately this man has BAWLS.
 
#25
The obvious pick is Rivers, he had a great game.:tup:

Were it not for drops by gates, McCardell and parker he would have had a monster game.

Big Jamal also had a big game against a pro bowl center no less, that guy blew up an awful lot of pittsburgh's gameplan.:tup:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#26
I guess I'll go with the "sentiment" of the forumites and say:

A game ball goes to Marty for growing some and letting Rivers air it out the entire night.

Even after that INT on the first possession. I'd bet 90% of the fans were thinking "Aw ****, here we go again. Run, run, run....."

:icon_wink:
 

PhillyChargerFan

Well-Known Member
#29
My game balls:

The coaching staff - for getting out of that max protect in the 2nd quarter.

The entire O-line- but in particular McNeil

Big Mal - Madden has SERIOUS man love for him :wub:

Rivers - welcome to the game!!! but, I thought he was immobile??

D.Flo - our best secondary player??

Dline - stopped EVERYTHING!!
 

Top