FUDEAN draft thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I wonder who the flunkies are who answered "poor officiating", "international games", "ticket costs" ?:laugh: They need to be sent back for remedial classes until they are qualified to function normally in this world.:D:p

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I wonder who the flunkies are who answered "poor officiating", "international games", "ticket costs" ?:laugh: They need to be sent back for remedial classes until they are qualified to function normally in this world.:D:p
Long article but I love to read real fans comments. From 2016, so probably everything stated has been fixed by now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/11/02/turned-off-nfl-fans-too-angry-too-commercialized-and-too-stupid-expensive/?utm_term=.3d3dc2a9ec4c

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Loved the way this was written
https://thebiglead.com/2018/10/18/chargers-psl-los-angeles-sales-failure-revenue-nfl/

Why the PSL sales now are so important and by show, why the Dolts are failing to do their part
https://deadspin.com/why-the-rams-are-going-for-it-right-now-1825023715

...how critical this period is.
“I think people don’t quite understand that, to some extent, the pre-stadium PSL sales cycle is for all intents and purposes 20 years of sales wrapped into 18 months,” says one stadium financing expert who used to work for an NFL team. “You get these guys on PSLs, get their down payments, and they’re locked in for a decade-plus.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Gill Man

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
https://thebiglead.com/2018/10/18/chargers-psl-los-angeles-sales-failure-revenue-nfl/

Why the PSL sales now are so important and by show, why the Dolts are failing to do their part

“I think people don’t quite understand that, to some extent, the pre-stadium PSL sales cycle is for all intents and purposes 20 years of sales wrapped into 18 months,” says one stadium financing expert who used to work for an NFL team. “You get these guys on PSLs, get their down payments, and they’re locked in for a decade-plus.”
Even though, these are a few months old, nothing has changed the landscape to modify the disastrous situation the satanos find themselves in.

Crash and burn, Mav.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018

Even though, these are a few months old, nothing has changed the landscape to modify the disastrous situation the satanos find themselves in.

Crash and burn, Mav.

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
More the same, money, money, money.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/28/canton-wont-host-a-regular-season-game-to-commemorate-nfls-100th-anniversary/

The Hall of Fame, per King, wanted the Bears to “host” a game that night, given their status as one of the two remaining original NFL teams. King notes that the dramatically reduced gate — with space for only 25,000 paying customers — likely was a factor. Throw in the sacrifice of a home game by the Bears along with a short-week trip to Canton for the contest, and it makes sense for the Bears to opt for advancing their 2020 interests in the present over paying excessive homage to 1920.

It’s a shame, but the NFL didn’t become the billion-dollar behemoth that it is by making bad business decisions. And it would definitely be a bad business decision to deliberately choose to shrink the paid attendance at an NFL game from more than 60,000 to less than half of that.

Comment:
sean beck says:
May 28, 2019 at 3:46 pm
Uhhhhh – the Chargers are entering their 3rd consecutive season of playing in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium, so the NFL is fine with 3 years of reduced gates as long as it means the team will eventually move into a billion dollar rent-free complex in Inglewood. They just aren’t interested in ONE AFTERNOON of reduced revenue if it means no long-game payoff for them. It’s a shame because it would’ve been a really cool event for fans and for TV. Chicago is an hour by flight and a 6 hour drive. I’m sure ticket sales would’ve never even extended beyond the existing Bears season ticket holders, since they’d sell it out in a minute. There is no need for speculation as to whether Chicago fans would make the trip – see: World Series, 2016.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Weird how the site is doing multiple posts and giving weird error messages...

@SDRay WHAT DID YOU DO!?!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I'm seeing a mod bias here. I think we need a counterbalance to Conc. Fair play.
Not needed OS.

First off Conc has been one of the few non san diego residents who tolerate and understand the perspective many of us natives , likely most, see re: the owner and his team that left our fine city. Secondly, Conc along with Ray and the originals here allowed many of us who were shunned by the SDUT forum and other forums to come over here and freely express our views without censorship we saw so blatantly on that other so-called SD forum.....so let's not resort to making someone feel somehow lesser for their viewpoint. Tolerate it just as you wish you'd been tolerated over on that forum by those mods. Thirdly Conc and Ray and the originals here started this here forum so it would behoove us to show them some respect. We may disagree on how we view that team and that owner (actually Conc agrees the owner is a complete POS in multiple posts he's made), but we can share this forum and express the disagreements, but please try to do it in a way that does not belittle someone or personally put down someone, and in this case realize the guy you are calling out is one of the originators of this forum. Finally there IS ZERO Mod Bias here.....in fact if there is it's the opposite of what you say 'cause Ray and I and others are clearly anti spanos and anti LA version of the chargers. Conc was the guy who suggested I be one of the mods in the first place. He coulda stacked the box but did not. Kudos for that to him, bigtime. Nuff said.

Now maybe this is unnecessary because maybe your post was tongue in cheek. If so disregard and maybe use an emoticon or something else to express that. If not, then just tone that stuff down and realize from where you were just banned and contrast it to where you now are freely posting, along with the points I laid out above. Just sayin' bro. JMHO. Carry on.

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
Where did Kaplan and Caswell end up? Actually, I am more interested in where Caswell landed. She was always nice to me.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
And now for something completely different...

PFT headline—

JETS MAKE SMART HIGHER WITH DOUGLAS AS G.M.

and these guys make a living doing this.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
And now for something completely different...

PFT headline—

JETS MAKE SMART HIGHER WITH DOUGLAS AS G.M.

and these guys make a living doing this.
lolz......hope the GM "higher" is smarter than the Einstein who edited that.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
To All who Play Their Positions:

Thanks for the graphics! Esp. the removal of the orange text. :cool::cool: