FUDEAN draft thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Leaf is a loser. So is Archie. So is Spanos. Spanos just happens to be the one who lost us.
In Retrospect, the Spanos could never create a culture of family and professionalism.

I sat on a cross country flight next to a mountain of a man. As we talked it came out that he had played for the Chargers under Spanos then the Browns. He said in comparison, the Browns were a family, once a brown always a Brown. Now this is hearsay of course, but I think folks like Weddle, and even Tomlinson (before working for the Spani again) made comments that made me think of the conversation.

I know others have talked about this, most recently that I saw it was HOF. It would be great to have a sit down with someone like Harrison, Weddle, or even someone who was on the inside like Bill Johnson and get their views off the record... But that is ESPN level access...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
In Retrospect, the Spanos could never create a culture of family and professionalism.

I sat on a cross country flight next to a mountain of a man. As we talked it came out that he had played for the Chargers under Spanos then the Browns. He said in comparison, the Browns were a family, once a brown always a Brown. Now this is hearsay of course, but I think folks like Weddle, and even Tomlinson (before working for the Spani again) made comments that made me think of the conversation.

I know others have talked about this, most recently that I saw it was HOF. It would be great to have a sit down with someone like Harrison, Weddle, or even someone who was on the inside like Bill Johnson and get their views off the record... But that is ESPN level access...
Great info. You can sense that was merely reports, contracts, coaches, it's a Spanni cloud of
A lack of connection, with players, with fans. Gates gone, Rivers gone, and they just do press releases. If not for NFL monopoly money, they'd be ignored, avoided.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Leaf remains an asshole. Blaming ANYONE but himself is a cop out.

This is like Warren using sexism as the reason she had to drop out.
You mean like Chris Warren, the longtime Seattle running back. He dropped out the League a long time ago. Good for him.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
If you want to know the difference between a top notch professional organization and
how the Spanni boy circus operates, watch the video below.
LA Kings thank three former players WHO WERE TRADED.
Anyone recall a thank you Rodney Harrison day? Spanni stink. Always have, always will.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The Charger virus spreads to the Rams.

Fans not happy.

when teams are crappy they start making new logos LOL. The Pack have had the same logo for years. That Rams logo DOES suck but not near as bad as the chugs stupid early attempt that failed. maybe the virus has mutated into a less lethal form LOL

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
when teams are crappy they start making new logos LOL. The Pack have had the same logo for years. That Rams logo DOES suck but not near as bad as the chugs stupid early attempt that failed. maybe the virus has mutated into a less lethal form LOL
Patsies, Donkeys, and the Tampa Bay Fuck'n'Steers all changed their logos and suddenly became champions. While the pre-championship Donkey and Tampa colors were awful, the replacements for all three teams all resemble a clogged toilet after a frat party. Apparently going with shit/piss/puke colors and what looks like an aborted Klingon fetus as your new logo will score you big points with the NFL fixers.

On the other hand, the Browns have had zero logos on their helmets since before Harry was born and haven't won shit since Otto Graham.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Patsies, Donkeys, and the Tampa Bay Fuck'n'Steers all changed their logos and suddenly became champions. While the pre-championship Donkey and Tampa colors were awful, the replacements for all three teams all resemble a clogged toilet after a frat party. Apparently going with shit/piss/puke colors and what looks like an aborted Klingon fetus as your new logo will score you big points with the NFL fixers.

On the other hand, the Browns have had zero logos on their helmets since before Harry was born and haven't won shit since Otto Graham.
They don't really have a logo to put on the unis.
Also get ready to buy new gear in 2020.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Yeah, all the Rams fans are complaining that it looks too much like a Chuggers logo (which it does).
View attachment 7255

It looks dumb. Ps. Why doesn't this Forum have a logo?
I suggest we use the Boston Red Sox (1950-1959) logo.

Now this Red Sox logo was only used as an alternate, however it is still good... Used throughout the 50s this strange looking sock baseballer appropriately represented what was a struggling Boston side in that decade. Now there are plenty of theories discussing what the logo actually looks like, with male genitalia being one of the leaders, but we'll leave that up to you.

red sox logo 2_1517191205.jpg

• Haha

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah, all the Rams fans are complaining that it looks too much like a Chuggers logo (which it does).
View attachment 7255
The Rams and Chargers used to have the best unis in the league when they both looked like each other - yellow and blue with a giant, fast, powerful bespectacled running back. Then along came the Spanoses and Georgia Frontiere, pretty much the worst owners ever. The teams sucked before those owners, but at least the uniforms used to look cool.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
It looks dumb. Ps. Why doesn't this Forum have a logo?
I suggest we use the Boston Red Sox (1950-1959) logo.

Now this Red Sox logo was only used as an alternate, however it is still good... Used throughout the 50s this strange looking sock baseballer appropriately represented what was a struggling Boston side in that decade. Now there are plenty of theories discussing what the logo actually looks like, with male genitalia being one of the leaders, but we'll leave that up to you.

View attachment 7257
Red Cocks

• Haha

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Two comments regarding NFL tracking the corona virus and future events.

Guy Hence says:
March 1, 2020 at 11:28 am
If the virus goes into the fall, the TV rating will go through the roof as few will attend games in a crowded stadium environment. Actually they’ll be no perceived difference in LA Charger game attendance. No fans anyway.

steves11 says:
March 1, 2020 at 12:29 pm
“Actually they’ll be no perceived difference in LA Charger game attendance. No fans anyway.”

At least no Charger fans. The stadium is filled with fans of whoever the Chargers’ opponent is.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
With the NCAA now saying the basketball tournaments will be held without spectators,
any man or woman who can sell both a seat and a license to get that seat in a 70,000
fans in one place Inglewood Stadium.......deserves a raise. And should run for office.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
The CDC has issued a statement: From now on, when it is advised that you self quarantine, that means you should attend an L.A. Chargers fan convention. At this time, the nation knows of no event or location with a smaller population density.

Last edited:

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
With the NCAA now saying the basketball tournaments will be held without spectators,
any man or woman who can sell both a seat and a license to get that seat in a 70,000
fans in one place Inglewood Stadium.......deserves a raise. And should run for office.
"So yes, Honey, I got these awesome court-side seats from a cool guy on CraigsList for $3,500 per...we met in a Denny's"

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Let's hope they have to suspend the NFL season for the inaugural SoFi year. FUDEAN.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
How about SignGuy starts another GoFundMe site? Send Dean and sons on an all expenses paid cruise to Italy. FUDEAN.