FUDEAN draft thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
I like Mike Florio.. esp. that he not a League PR vehicle.

Some great takes on the newest schedule proposal.

why not 20 and give more Chuggers a chance to come back off IR?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
This thread started off talking about the Chargers 1st round pick at 28th, Jerry Tillery.
Now that season is done, let's review:
Tillery
9 tackles 2 sacks.

Dre'mont Jones Broncos
8 tackles. 3.5 sacks 1.0 interception

Dre'mont Jones was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the third round (71st overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft. In week 11 against the Minnesota Vikings, Jones recorded his first career sack on Kirk Cousins in the 27–23 loss. In week 13 against the Los Angeles Chargers, Jones recorded an interception off Philip Rivers and returned it for 7 yards in the 23–20 win. This was Jones' first interception in the NFL. In week 16 against the Detroit Lions, Jones sacked fellow rookie David Blough 2.5 times during the 27–17 win. As a result of his performance, Jones won the AFC Defensive Player of the Week, the third Broncos player ever to win the award as a rookie.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
This thread started off talking about the Chargers 1st round pick at 28th, Jerry Tillery.
Now that season is done, let's review:
Tillery
9 tackles 2 sacks.

Dre'mont Jones Broncos
8 tackles. 3.5 sacks 1.0 interception

Dre'mont Jones was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the third round (71st overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft. In week 11 against the Minnesota Vikings, Jones recorded his first career sack on Kirk Cousins in the 27–23 loss. In week 13 against the Los Angeles Chargers, Jones recorded an interception off Philip Rivers and returned it for 7 yards in the 23–20 win. This was Jones' first interception in the NFL. In week 16 against the Detroit Lions, Jones sacked fellow rookie David Blough 2.5 times during the 27–17 win. As a result of his performance, Jones won the AFC Defensive Player of the Week, the third Broncos player ever to win the award as a rookie.
It hardly seems fair to Tom Telescopo, if you're going to use real world data to judge his picks!

Wikipedia, on the accomplishments of Nick Bosa, since the beginning of his pro career:

Bosa was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the first round with the second overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.[12] On July 25, 2019, Bosa signed a 4-year deal with the 49ers worth $33.5 million featuring a $22.5 million signing bonus and a fifth year option.[13]

Bosa made his NFL debut in week 1 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In the game, he made 3 tackles and sacked quarterback Jameis Winston once in the 31–17 win. [14] In week 5 against the Cleveland Browns, Bosa sacked Baker Mayfield twice, one of which resulted in a fumble, in the 31–3 win, earning him NFC Defensive Player of the Week. [15][16] In week 7 against the Washington Redskins, Bosa recorded a team high 7 tackles and sacked Case Keenum once in the 9–0 win. [17] In week 8 against the Carolina Panthers, Bosa sacked Kyle Allen 3 times and recorded his first career interception off Allen in the 51–13 win. [18] He was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance along with his brother, Joey Bosa, who was voted AFC Defensive Player of the Week. [19] On the next day, Bosa was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Month for his play in October. [20] In week 12 against the Green Bay Packers, Bosa sacked Aaron Rodgers once and recovered a fumble forced by Fred Warner on Rodgers in the 37–8 win. [21]

In the Divisional Round of the playoffs against the Minnesota Vikings, Bosa sacked Kirk Cousins twice during the 27–10 win. [22] In the NFC Championship Game against the Green Bay Packers, Bosa recorded a sack on Aaron Rodgers during the 37–20 win. [23] At the NFL Honors, Bosa won the AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Award, which his father accepted on his behalf due to Bosa being at the Super Bowl in Miami.[24][25] In Super Bowl LIV against the Kansas City Chiefs, Bosa recorded a strip sack on Patrick Mahomes during the 31–20 loss. [26]

Wikipedia, on the accomplishments of Jerry Tillery since the beginning of his pro career:

Tillery was drafted by the Los Angeles Chargers 28th overall in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
and to make matters worse John Spanos and Tom Telescopo told Nick Bosa at the combine they thought he might fall to them at #28 and they wanted to work him out as a TE. :p

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
and to make matters worse John Spanos and Tom Telescopo told Nick Bosa at the combine they thought he might fall to them at #28 and they wanted to work him out as a TE. :p
Bosa would likely dominate at tight end. Remember when the Kellen Winslows and Todd Christensens of the world were rarities? Now it seems like every team on every play has some uncoverable tight end. The modern NFL and its stupid-ass passing game against pass defenders who can't touch anybody until the ball is already caught is boring and mundane as fuck.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
The fudean's have a newly minted interim OC turned permanent, need a new QB, RB, and TE, and at least one WR.

Great time to move into their new digs and a great time to be a fudean fan

FUDEAN

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005

A lot of interesting scenarios...and the FUDEANs are in the middle of a lot of them!
the fudeans giving Brady 180million?

does that guy have a clue who runs the fudeans???

interesting article though. Cool you can scan different scenarios.
I like Phil and Gordon to the Bucs. Go Pirates.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I thought Barnwell was interesting too when he came out with his SB preview analysis....a very lengthy complex article the broke down all the players and matchups and ended up with the Niners winning because they were stronger on both sides of the ball along the lines. He's a doofus....had to read thru all that crap scenario BS before he gave his stupid wrong prediction and gave the stupid reason why. He way underestimated the Mahomes effect. Maybe he's really Chaincrusher :eek: :laugh: :D

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
the fudeans giving Brady 180million?

does that guy have a clue who runs the fudeans???

interesting article though. Cool you can scan different scenarios.
I like Phil and Gordon to the Bucs. Go Pirates.
I think Phil oughta hang it up , maybe take over the job on groundhog day if nothing else.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
If the Chargers have $180 million to spend on Brady, why not instead buy the tickets themselves,
give them away year one. Instant crowd, instant PR, instant mini fanbase.

Still makes more sense than the Spanni system.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Reactions: handoverfist

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Ok that does it.....now my TWO most hated franchises are the one owned by spanos and the one owned by Jones. Hope they just lose and lose and lose. FUDEAN. FUJERRY

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
And as for Reggie Bush, yes glad he made that statement about the move to LA. Where I think he dropped the ball was saying there are more chug fans in SD than LA. Not anymore Reg, sorry. He needed to clarify and be more articulate.....he should have said "IF the team had stayed in SD there would be a hell of a lot more fans than they'll ever have in LA". PERIOD. He makes it sound like there's still a large contingent of fans supporting spanos in SD. WTF Reg????

handoverfist

BoltTalker
Sep 10, 2018
^^^^^^

I got the same feeling after reading the article! Jerry Fucking Jones!

I got in to American Football in the mid 70's when the Cowboys were cementing their role as America's Team.
Back then, I chose to become a Chargers fan for reasons like Fouts, Joiner, JJ, Coryell.....but they also represented an anti-establishment attitude that I felt best described my character....In my mind, the San Diego Chargers were the furthest thing from the Dallas Cowboys, and I often wondered if I hated the Cowboys more than I loved the Chargers! My hatred for the Cowboys only grew when Jerry Jones bought the team and proceeded to buy himself a couple of championships. I have enjoyed watching them choke in the regular season and in the playoffs since 1995, and I hope they suck arse for years to come. I was happy that the team I hated was saddled with a meddlesome owner, but never in a million years did I think that he would be instrumental in me losing MY team!
....So yeah....FUJONES....FUDEAN.....F'EM ALL!!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
^^^^^^

I got in to American Football in the mid 70's when the Cowboys were cementing their role as America's Team.
Back then, I chose to become a Chargers fan for reasons like Fouts, Joiner, JJ, Coryell.....but they also represented an anti-establishment attitude that I felt best described my character....In my mind, the San Diego Chargers were the furthest thing from the Dallas Cowboys, and I often wondered if I hated the Cowboys more than I loved the Chargers! My hatred for the Cowboys only grew when Jerry Jones bought the team and proceeded to buy himself a couple of championships. I have enjoyed watching them choke in the regular season and in the playoffs since 1995, and I hope they suck arse for years to come. I was happy that the team I hated was saddled with a meddlesome owner, but never in a million years did I think that he would be instrumental in me losing MY team!
Jerrah is such a self-absorbed dickhead. He had the goose that laid the golden eggs (Jimmy Johnson) and killed it. Because of his overinflated ego.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
^^^^^^

This is a post that is a perfect description of the betrayal felt by fans not just in our town of SD but it St. Louis and in OAK. Jerry Jones is the eptiome of unmitigated greed and the need for more wealth at all costs, even if it means destroying fanbases and the soul of the sport of American Football. And his accomplices are Dean Spanos and Stan Kroenke. The NFL can go EFF itself. Roger effing Goodell does nothing to rein in the greed, he pours gasoline on the fire. He brags before the SB that the NFL will NET 1 BILLION Dollars from that one game alone. Eff him too.

Great post HOF.....anyone in SD continuuing to support that team/owner is just simply enabling the destruction of the sport that once meant something. SD has no skin in the game anymore you judases who support that schit. If you continue to support it they'll just go on doing it to other cities as well and you will never ever see the bolt back in SD again because they'll know you are pushover patsies who they can rape whenever they want.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Jerrah is such a self-absorbed dickhead. He had the goose that laid the golden eggs (Jimmy Johnson) and killed it. Because of his overinflated ego.
everytime he loses and they show him nauseated in his luxury box or he makes a stupid statement after those losses it does my heart good. I loved that they choked games in their division against the real tomato cans down the stretch and missed the playoffs. Hilarious. Karma well done. :roflmao: :laugh::D:tup:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
everytime he loses and they show him nauseated in his luxury box or he makes a stupid statement after those losses it does my heart good. I loved that they choked games in their division against the real tomato cans down the stretch and missed the playoffs. Hilarious. Karma well done. :roflmao: :laugh::D:tup:
Jerrah is an incompetent owner just like Deano. He’s a little more successful because he can throw more money around, but inevitably the Cowboys always choke. They will never win anything as long as Jerrah is in charge.