FUDEAN draft thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
The chargers by far are the worst ownership im sports history.

35 years of the same ownership and no ring.

no new stadium

renters

They are the laughing stock in all sports.

all sports.

no fucking clue what they are doing.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I'd bet the Bengals, Raiders, Jets and Browns are between the Redskins and Deanos. Who am I missing?
Not much.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Detroit. Not sure the Raiders belong.....they've at least won multiple rings. Of course that was with Al at the helm. Now Dumb bowl cut is running the show.
Each one of those teams make money and have a stadium that they own.

Dean is not even in the dame league.

Snyder maybe a racist price of shit, but he got a new stadium.

Reactions: Fender57

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Not much.

7. Los Angeles Chargers
The Chargers are and always have been comically dysfunctional on the field, and a series of Murphy’s law losses this season doesn’t change that. The difference now is that they’re a road team in their own stadium, and their owner is dropping F-bombs to deny rumors — probably started by the league itself — that they could move to London. They never should have left San Diego, and I think they know it.

I wish they would have focused on the ownership. Talking about play on the field, IMHO removes some of the teeth and credibility of this article.
Ownership is where it all starts. Patriots were a joke until Kraft bought the team, changed the culture and got the people to run the football side of things he could trust.
Dean and co think they are the people to steer the ship and they are not. He is acting like a petulant child. When he moved he could have give the reasons he felt it needed to happen, honestly thanked the fans, and possibly been able to save some of the fan base. Mark Davis out did Dean... that says something.
Instead he blamed the fans, was an arrogant prick, and has continued to be, even though his stay in LA has been nothing but a cluster frack from the get go. He cant get out of the way of his own ego and pride. He could step back, have people reach out to San Diego and try and mend fences, but refuses to because of his ego. He will let the franchise fail for ego. He is not the man who should be steering the ship.
If he is not the WORST owner in the NFL I don't know who is. That is what causes the dysfunction and why they should be #1 on the list.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Each one of those teams make money and have a stadium that they own.

Dean is not even in the dame league.

Snyder maybe a racist price of shit, but he got a new stadium.
You sure the teams own those stadiums?

Might want to check on that.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
This is the root of the problem. Not a partner but a parasite.
————
Lower prices are one reason why the Chargers’ PSL revenues have fallen short of projections. A PSL for an upper-deck midfield seat for Chargers games costs $100. The same seat for Rams games is priced at $4,000.

While affordable PSLs could draw more season-ticket holders, the price disparity has caused friction between the Rams and Chargers as the cost of the Hollywood Park project is approaching $5 billion, with Rams owner Stan Kroenke footing most of the bill.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
You sure the teams own those stadiums?

Might want to check on that.

Good call.

rework my statement.

how about each owner was able to work out a deal.

but the jets and redskins do own their stadium.

lot of cheap stadiums on that list that I can teams opting out soon.

Reactions: Concudan

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I get no respect from this Forum. None. When I tried and give my opinion,
Gilly sent it back with note,
Next time......Use a larger dictionary, on your typing hand.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Now that the season is over.....

what are the chances they would hire a real coach like Urban Meyer?

yeah, I didn't think so either.....

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006

Not sure the Spani would consider it, unless he was willing to step into the pros at bargin bin prices.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Not sure the Spani would consider it, unless he was willing to step into the pros at bargin bin prices.
Meyer would demand to be THE boss, which includes GM duties or having the GM report to him. No way the Spanii would allow that. They’re gonna keep Lynn until his contract is up, then they’ll hire the next cheap coach who’s willing to put up with their BS.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Meyer would demand to be THE boss, which includes GM duties or having the GM report to him. No way the Spanii would allow that. They’re gonna keep Lynn until his contract is up, then they’ll hire the next cheap coach who’s willing to put up with their BS.
bingo. No way that Meyer works for those dumbasses. They need 'yes men' like Lynn, mcnorb, norb, and anytime a coach has a strong personality and challenges them he's gone: Boss Ross, Marty, Coryell. It's why they will never win anything of significance, simply tease then disappoint their fanbase. NFL needs to get them the hell out of the league, and they have to be thinking of how to do that because Kroenke won't stand for it , and it embarrases their LA experiment.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015

Urban Meyer sucks. He was a good recruiter, but we all found out what a pussy he is. Fuck that guy. The Spanoses deserve him.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
June Jones was out. New Mike Riley was in. 1999 was a classic model Charger Season.
No one does it better.

Before the season, Ryan Leaf wound up suffering a shoulder injury during the Chargers’ first training camp and would miss the entire season. Following a 4–1 start, the Chargers suffered six straight losses before winning four of their final five games to finish 8–8.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
June Jones was out. New Mike Riley was in. 1999 was a classic model Charger Season.
No one does it better.

Before the season, Ryan Leaf wound up suffering a shoulder injury during the Chargers’ first training camp and would miss the entire season. Following a 4–1 start, the Chargers suffered six straight losses before winning four of their final five games to finish 8–8.
Compared to most seasons, that one was pretty good.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
STOCK DOWN

Linebacker Denzel Perryman and defensive back Roderic Teamer were sent home from Jacksonville, apparently for missing a team meeting. They will return to the team this week, but their long-term futures in Los Angeles could be in jeopardy as well, particularly with Perryman losing playing time to rookie Drue Tranquill in recent weeks. Perryman has a contract for next year, but could be cut with little financial impact.

INJURED

The Chargers reported no significant new injuries. Rookie defensive tackle Jerry Tillery wasn’t inactive in Jacksonville because of an injury, but because Lynn preferred veteran Sylvester Williams against the Jags’ run game.

Another Golden Domer...no.1 draft choice....a steal......veteran Sylvester Williams...no.1 of Denver in 2013....
...this is his sixth team.
You know the Spanni boys are fan-tastic.

• Haha

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
STOCK DOWN

Linebacker Denzel Perryman and defensive back Roderic Teamer were sent home from Jacksonville, apparently for missing a team meeting. They will return to the team this week, but their long-term futures in Los Angeles could be in jeopardy as well, particularly with Perryman losing playing time to rookie Drue Tranquill in recent weeks. Perryman has a contract for next year, but could be cut with little financial impact.

INJURED

The Chargers reported no significant new injuries. Rookie defensive tackle Jerry Tillery wasn’t inactive in Jacksonville because of an injury, but because Lynn preferred veteran Sylvester Williams against the Jags’ run game.

Another Golden Domer...no.1 draft choice....a steal......veteran Sylvester Williams...no.1 of Denver in 2013....
...this is his sixth team.
You know the Spanni boys are fan-tastic.
Perryman was repping San Diego a couple of years ago in some kind of tweet or something. He is probably sick of the Spanos bullshit. He’ll end up in NE or Seattle as a reborn pro-bowler, may even get some tips from Rodney on staying healthy.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Perryman was repping San Diego a couple of years ago in some kind of tweet or something. He is probably sick of the Spanos bullshit. He’ll end up in NE or Seattle as a reborn pro-bowler, may even get some tips from Rodney on staying healthy.
Yep. Perryman and Gordon are the good ones. The rest let Spanos do a Dirty Sanchez on them.