FUDEAN draft thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
  • Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
And in case you wonder why--forever—the Chuggers remain the Chuggers....

John Spanos is a truly insightful and competent scouting director and GM. This can be added to his resume'. Nepotism is always the quickest way to a Lombardi obviously.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
A Chiefs win tomorrow ends their tiny hope.
Imagine if you still be a Charger/Chugger fan, and watching New England slowly and perfectly defeat the Eagles (17-10).....
And knowing New England and Brady will be in the playoffs....you gotta be thinking, can any of my favorites make the Pro Bowl?

I'm going out on a pruned limb here and say, this can't be good for them there ticket sales.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
here is a really telling article by Eric Williams. The stats here are abysmal and show just how badly that team has played this year. Summation: it's historically bad with some of the stats compared to some really really bad teams like the Redskins and Bengals worst years:

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
"Bienvenidos SD Chargers" LMAO. Wonder if they were selling "Spanos Tacos" there under that banner? If they force dean to move to Mexico City maybe Mexico City will force dean to rebrand and send the logo back to SD where it belongs.

Last edited:

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Them were some loud boos. I like how dean jus starts talking so he can get the hell out of there. I couldn't hear a word he was saying and he had a Frickin microphone!

Stay assy deano.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Them were some loud boos. I like how dean jus starts talking so he can get the hell out of there. I couldn't hear a word he was saying and he had a Frickin microphone!

Stay assy deano.
Despite the fans weekly desires, an owner has to have some credibility, some daring to do the job. The Rams with their moves, the Chiefs with theirs. Now that Rivers is having problems he's “trash” and the few fans still hanging around want change. Fine.
But wouldn't it be nice to have a sense of your word? To not be a liar and a phony?

Now you can save some money. For your fans. In LA and Orange County. And you can claim you're going “in another direction.”
Harrison, Seau, LT, Gates, Rivers. Pure front office stupidity.

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
I would like to hope Rivers has been planning to sign elsewhere if he wants to continue his historic career and possibly get gifted a SB win by the now for lease. It seems clear they love the highest bidder.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The Old UT forum barnacle fans are crying for Telesco to go, and let Rivers walk.. ...I assume they also have no plans for Gordon to be back. But the Spanni Boys will be there and I'm sure a fine 'vote of confidence' for Coach Lynn, the annual we might do anything in the draft stories, and how excited their “fans” are to move into the new stadium and ticket sales are
“far better than we expected” and no comment on the League's London discussions.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The Old UT forum barnacle fans are crying for Telesco to go, and let Rivers walk.. ...I assume they also have no plans for Gordon to be back. But the Spanni Boys will be there and I'm sure a fine 'vote of confidence' for Coach Lynn, the annual we might do anything in the draft stories, and how excited their “fans” are to move into the new stadium and ticket sales are
“far better than we expected” and no comment on the League's London discussions.
Yeah, I’m reading the same stuff in other groups. Fire Telesco, Lynn, Bradley, Rivers, Gordon, and trust the brainrust to rebuild this team!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
WARNING SIGNS TO BE INSTALLED AT THE NEW INGLEWOOD STADIUM:

Reactions: Harryo the K

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Spanni do not throw money away.
Expect "we have faith in Tom and Anthony to bring us back to greatness."

March 2019
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Chargers signed general manager Tom Telesco to a multiyear contract extension at the completion of last season, sources tell ESPN.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

It's the third deal for Telesco while with the Chargers. Telesco, 46, signed a three-year contract extension before the start of the 2015 season that was due to expire at the end of this year. Telesco answers to John Spanos, director of football operations for the team, and son of Chargers chairman Dean Spanos.

Telesco joined the Chargers in January 2013. The Bolts have a 48-48 record during his tenure, making the playoffs twice, with a 2-2 mark in the postseason.

After the firing of Mike McCoy two years ago, Telesco was instrumental in the hiring of head coach Anthony Lynn, who has a 21-11 regular-season record in two seasons as head coach for the Chargers.

"With anything needed to help us win -- their answer is always yes," Telesco said about the Spanos family, owners of the team. "It's even more than financial [resources]. It's about their time, their advice and support for all of us. It's critical for a winning team to have that, and we have that here."

You can laugh....or cry. As you wish.:)

• Haha

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
It's the third deal for Telesco...48-48 record during his tenure, making the playoffs twice, with a 2-2 mark in the postseason.
"I mean, look at that perfect mediocrity!!" gushed the spanos-klan.
"And let's be honest: As a low rent outfit, just trying to sneak by as a parasite on the back of a super financially successful league, mediocrity is actually far more than we're committing or even aspiring to! Good times!"

• Haha

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
"I mean, look at that perfect mediocrity!!" gushed the spanos-klan.
"And let's be honest: As a low rent outfit, just trying to sneak by as a parasite on the back of a super financially successful league, mediocrity is actually far more than we're committing or even aspiring to! Good times!"
On wall in Front Office of the mighty LAC:

E18C9F5B-5950-4191-A3CC-0DEDB9135C0E.jpeg

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Most dysfunctional NFL teams article....won by the Redskins.

7. Los Angeles Chargers

The Chargers are and always have been comically dysfunctional on the field, and a series of Murphy’s law losses this season doesn’t change that. The difference now is that they’re a road team in their own stadium, and their owner is dropping F-bombs to deny rumors — probably started by the league itself — that they could move to London. They never should have left San Diego, and I think they know it.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

7. Los Angeles Chargers

The Chargers are and always have been comically dysfunctional on the field, and a series of Murphy’s law losses this season doesn’t change that. The difference now is that they’re a road team in their own stadium, and their owner is dropping F-bombs to deny rumors — probably started by the league itself — that they could move to London. They never should have left San Diego, and I think they know it.
I cannot believe they were so kind to give them a #7 ranking. Should be at least a #2 right behind Daniel Snyder. The spanii are horrendous owners and everyone around the league knows it,,,the whole country knows it. Maybe if they'd stayed in SD they'd merit a #7 ranking , but after the move most definitely a #2 and possibly even a #1 and knocking the Redskins out of the top spot.

RamAirVA

El Deano No Es Bueno...
Nov 12, 2007
Depends on the Week

7. Los Angeles Chargers

I'd bet the Bengals, Raiders, Jets and Browns are between the Redskins and Deanos. Who am I missing?

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I'd bet the Bengals, Raiders, Jets and Browns are between the Redskins and Deanos. Who am I missing?
Detroit. Not sure the Raiders belong.....they've at least won multiple rings. Of course that was with Al at the helm. Now Dumb bowl cut is running the show.

Reactions: Faded Blues