FUDEAN draft thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
How did it cost them the game in Detroit? PR17 cost them the game in Detroit with that INT in the red zone. The D did not stop the Lions.
The Lions though are a better team than the talking heads give them credit for, and the Chargers may not be as good as some of us (read me) hoped for.
Goalline. Fumble.

Motormouth doesn't need to throw an INT at the end of the game if Gordon scores the TD there.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Goalline. Fumble.

Motormouth doesn't need to throw an INT at the end of the game if Gordon scores the TD there.
They were not in a position to run it in on the play where there was an int.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
They were not in a position to run it in on the play where there was an int.
Eckler cost them 6 points there. Motormouth could take a knee at the end of the game instead of having to throw up Jake Plummer-esque passes.

Or maybe you just need a more clutch QB to make up for your owner's cheapness. :)

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Eckler cost them 6 points there. Motormouth could take a knee at the end of the game instead of having to throw up Jake Plummer-esque passes.

Or maybe you just need a more clutch QB to make up for your owner's cheapness. :)
Shit happens dude. That is why they play the game.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
MG25 has fumbled in the past too... Who can say. But I don't put the loss on MG25...
He had a fumbling problem his first two years in the league. So did LAT, but both overcame it. MG3 was pretty solid last year at the goal line (much to my chagrin).

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Let’s make some logical speculations here.

Stan probably put into writing some minimal criteria that Dipshit Dean agreed to.

Obviously the PSL sales for the Chuggers is not going like the idiots hoped it would.

So, there might be some language that allows Stan to cut the Deanos out of the stadium altogether if the minimum criteria isn’t met.

I doubt the owners will let Deano crawl back to San Diego (WE DON’T WANT HIM BACK ANYWAY) without paying them. Possibly sticking him with a second relocation fee.

If this all came to pass the Chuggers would have to stay in Carson OR negotiate a deal at the Coliseum. Either scenario would be hilarious. Can you imagine the cavernous Coliseum with no fans? It would be 1960 all over again.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
He had a fumbling problem his first two years in the league. So did LAT, but both overcame it. MG3 was pretty solid last year at the goal line (much to my chagrin).
I agree, but there s no guarantee that he wold have changed the outcome of the game. We will never know.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
Let’s make some logical speculations here.

Stan probably put into writing some minimal criteria that Dipshit Dean agreed to.

Obviously the PSL sales for the Chuggers is not going like the idiots hoped it would.

So, there might be some language that allows Stan to cut the Deanos out of the stadium altogether if the minimum criteria isn’t met.

I doubt the owners will let Deano crawl back to San Diego (WE DON’T WANT HIM BACK ANYWAY) without paying them. Possibly sticking him with a second relocation fee.

If this all came to pass the Chuggers would have to stay in Carson OR negotiate a deal at the Coliseum. Either scenario would be hilarious. Can you imagine the cavernous Coliseum with no fans? It would be 1960 all over again.
Staying in Carson makes the most sense, since returning here is out of the question. That size stadium is about all they can fill.

Though I really want to see the embarrassment of them playing in front of 30-40k mostly opposing fans in the 70k seat Kronkeworld.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It's what objective observers predicted all along. LA never wanted the Chargers . They wanted the Raiders badly. And the spanos reputation and it's horrible stench makes things even worse. I hope Kroenke kicks Dean's ass out of the stadium deal and has the backing of the rest of the NFL and Dean is forced to sell and/or move. Truly, I think even if he'd rebranded as Harry said, they would STILL not be drawing any fans in or selling PSL's as they were supposed to. The poison pill in it all is Dean Spanos and his 2 idiot sons. Horrible ownership. Bad rep for ripping off SD and walking out on a good city. Bad rep for never being able to win anything significant. Right or wrong the image is of being a miserly cheapskate. I think that's accurate, a cheapskate. Maybe not in regards the salary cap but in everything else.

Would love the Bolt back in SD but definitely NOT if spanos is associated in any way. Maybe they finally are forced to sell to a guy like Tsai who could actually afford to foot much of the bill for a new venue in SD. But honestly, with the way the NFL has gone so corporate and media oriented and with disregard for the soul of the sport and tradition of iconic historied cities, with utter disregard for the common fan who made the sport what it is in the first place, I am very lukewarm in having a team back under any circumstances. It's not the same as it used to be. Cheering for the rich owners and players and in a sport that is controlled by subjective rules and officials (even with replay available to them), it's lost a huge amount of lustre for me. I used to be a rabid fan of the local team, frustrated as hell year after year, but loyal as hell. It made up a huge portion of my life. No longer does and doubt it would be if they ever returned.

LA's problem now. Kroenke's problem now. Hope he kicks the spanii from here to kingdom come. That would be very appropriate and well-deserved karma for that clueless and greedy family.

Reactions: TTK

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
It's what objective observers predicted all along. LA never wanted the Chargers . They wanted the Raiders badly. And the spanos reputation and it's horrible stench makes things even worse. I hope Kroenke kicks Dean's ass out of the stadium deal and has the backing of the rest of the NFL and Dean is forced to sell and/or move. Truly, I think even if he'd rebranded as Harry said, they would STILL not be drawing any fans in or selling PSL's as they were supposed to. The poison pill in it all is Dean Spanos and his 2 idiot sons. Horrible ownership. Bad rep for ripping off SD and walking out on a good city. Bad rep for never being able to win anything significant. Right or wrong the image is of being a miserly cheapskate. I think that's accurate, a cheapskate. Maybe not in regards the salary cap but in everything else.

Would love the Bolt back in SD but definitely NOT if spanos is associated in any way. Maybe they finally are forced to sell to a guy like Tsai who could actually afford to foot much of the bill for a new venue in SD. But honestly, with the way the NFL has gone so corporate and media oriented and with disregard for the soul of the sport and tradition of iconic historied cities, with utter disregard for the common fan who made the sport what it is in the first place, I am very lukewarm in having a team back under any circumstances. It's not the same as it used to be. Cheering for the rich owners and players and in a sport that is controlled by subjective rules and officials (even with replay available to them), it's lost a huge amount of lustre for me. I used to be a rabid fan of the local team, frustrated as hell year after year, but loyal as hell. It made up a huge portion of my life. No longer does and doubt it would be if they ever returned.

LA's problem now. Kroenke's problem now. Hope he kicks the spanii from here to kingdom come. That would be very appropriate and well-deserved karma for that clueless and greedy family.
I agree with everything here. The NFL is so blatantly and transparently corrupt (they give zero fucks about how bad they look, they just spin it and their fans buy into it) I really don’t want them back even if Spanos sells to Tsai. It’s actually a lot more fun rooting against them, and I’m not tied to the TV anymore on Sundays if I don’t feel like it.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
BTW...."Fight for LA" was probably one of the dumbest and most damaging ideas the spanii could come up with. Not only was it impossible and a ridiculous challenge to announce, but it probably aggravated the hell out of Kroenke even further than he already was with Dean Spanos. Let the lawsuits begin, because Kroenke will run Dean right into the ground since he has the deep pockets to hire the best attorneys and outlast the cheapskate easily....no contest. Plus the league would back Kroenke in any conflicting arguments made to the league....it's KROENKE's stadium and media center. Dean Spanos is simply a no good hanger on looking to leach off the success of others, just as he did with his dad. Dumbass.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Rebranding coming.

My suggestions (1) drop Los Angeles (2) add San Diego (3) add London (4) add Mexico City (5) merge with the Dolphins and become the Flippin' SoCals (6) ask LA City Council to build a Stadium (7) demand Pasadena allow them to use the Rose Bowl (8) stay as the LAC, replace AJ Spanos with Mr. Antonio Brown. (9) put the LAC logo on the new tarps at SoFi Stadium (10) claim the LAC is a church and wants tax free status and religious freedom to play/worship at their SoFi historic home.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
We all saw this coming.

Fred roggin has been stans mouthpiece for a decade now.

My prediction is the chargers go up for sale.

There were rumors of that months ago.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I say merge the Dolphins and the Chargers, play four games in Miami, four in LA. Patriots annual visit would be worth it.
Plus might get one decent team.

Actually, the NFL big shots are drooling about 'having' a team available for a London.
Maybe two if they get the Bills out of Buffalo.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I say merge the Dolphins and the Chargers, play four games in Miami, four in LA. Patriots annual visit would be worth it.
Plus might get one decent team.

Actually, the NFL big shots are drooling about 'having' a team available for a London.
Maybe two if they get the Bills out of Buffalo.
Nobody circles the wagons like the Los Buffiami Charbillfins.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I agree with everything here. The NFL is so blatantly and transparently corrupt (they give zero fucks about how bad they look, they just spin it and their fans buy into it) I really don’t want them back even if Spanos sells to Tsai. It’s actually a lot more fun rooting against them, and I’m not tied to the TV anymore on Sundays if I don’t feel like it.
Yea. It has been liberating.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Goodbye Sunday Ticket.
Hello more cash streaming and satellite options for you "fans" at greater costs and by the way...the NFL sucks.

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Nobody circles the wagons like the Los Buffiami Charbillfins.
That's perfect it sounds like some kind of illness that causes violent projectile vomiting, which is a perfect analogy for how I and many other non online fans or really team declared fans, like they watch one sport and they hear about all the big goings on with the rest as a accident for watching their sports news on ESPN.

The location sounds like a meat head gym where ego is the first priority of the day. I don't think I'll be visiting that stadium.

FUdean.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Your NFL. Report no. 398

The Titans worked out two veteran Tenn. Titans Tuesday worked out 2 quarterback
Joe Callahan and Taylor Heinicke.
Callahan, 26, has played one game in his career, which came in 2017 when he was in Green Bay.
He completed 5 of 7 passes for 11 yards.
He has also spent time with the Saints, Browns, Eagles, Buccaneers and Ravens. Baltimore cut him out of the preseason.

It's clear to me that Colin Kapernick wants $2 million dollars per game
and his skill set is not up to Titan football standards.
I mean 11 yards in only 5 passes? That's something Kap has never done.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Your NFL. Report no. 398

The Titans worked out two veteran Tenn. Titans Tuesday worked out 2 quarterback
Joe Callahan and Taylor Heinicke.
Callahan, 26, has played one game in his career, which came in 2017 when he was in Green Bay.
He completed 5 of 7 passes for 11 yards.
He has also spent time with the Saints, Browns, Eagles, Buccaneers and Ravens. Baltimore cut him out of the preseason.

It's clear to me that Colin Kapernick wants $2 million dollars per game
and his skill set is not up tot Titan football standards.
I mean 11 yards in only 5 passes? That's something Kap has never done.
Have you ever wondered if kap has any interest in playing again?