FUDEAN draft thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
2020 will happen. The CBA runs out after the 2020 season.

There will most likely be a strike or lock out that impacts the 2021 season.
Isn’t that the grand opening of the new Kronke stadium??

No way the nfl allows a strike imo

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Isn’t that the grand opening of the new Kronke stadium??

No way the nfl allows a strike imo

NFL has no ability to halt a strike, unless they cave to any CBA demand.
The NFL has control over a lock out situation only.

Given that twice in recent negotiations the NFLPA has disbanded, to allow players to individually seek action against the NFL, I think the owners will be very cautious before trying any strong arm tactics beyond a lock out.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
NFL CBA deal ends AFTER the 2020 season.

But the Owners have streaming deals due before that.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
NFL CBA deal ends AFTER the 2020 season.

But the Owners have streaming deals due before that.
Owners streaming deals.......is that anything like Robert Kraft's happy endings?

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Kraft Philadelphia Cream cheese: “A little taste of heaven.”
LMAO! I think it shoulda been Kraft Boca Raton Cream Cheese.....he needs to rebrand, just like dean does. Come (no pun intended) to think of it, dean should call his team the LA Cream. Motto: "Jizz All Over LA".

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
If the players are smart, they would walk at the end of the season this year. 2020 is a crucial year for the nfl.

Players would have maximum advantage.

Reactions: Gill Man

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
If the players are smart, they would walk at the end of the season this year. 2020 is a crucial year for the nfl.

They really should, at the very least target something like week 2 or 3 to walkout.

Can you imagine Stan and Dean having to get scabs in the first year of the new mausoleum?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006

It would remove leverage in court I believe.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I have not read the cba, nor am I a lawyer. Depends on the language of the CBA. If they can per the CBA, then I would.
It does not even rely on that. The dispute would go to arbitration, if the players walked off before the CBA had run it's course then it would probably be a strike against them in arbitration.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Adrian Phillips out for the year.

Not sure and to lazy to look it up but damn it seems like the nfl is losing players to injury faster than usual.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Adrian Phillips out for the year.

Not sure and to lazy to look it up but damn it seems like the nfl is losing players to injury faster than usual.
Definitely star QBs.
Well ok... The guy with mono isn't really a star...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Definitely star QBs.
Well ok... The guy with mono isn't really a star...
With fellow draft year QBs Big Ben hurt, and Eli Manning removed as a starter, may I recommend that either the Chargers substitute Rivers when either the score is long ( behind 24-6 Third quarter) or high ( ahead 21-3 start of 4th quarter)
or that the team makes the decision not to play Mr, Rivers this game with his not bad but sore leg, etc. etc.
Rivers having surgery won't affect the Deano boys lifestyle.
The Chargers single hope is Rivers. Lose him, that's it.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
FuDeano Members:
See link, read article, list your best Headline for this news article so we can get more click traffic.
Or more chick traffic, if you can do that.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Great comment on a article about the Chuggers and Rivers.

Guy Hence says:
September 13, 2019 at 7:31 pm
Spanos is “gaming” Rivers. Other than shared TV money, revenues are way down for the “re-located” franchise. Spanos is a cheap skate who’s dealing with a failed NFL franchise in Los Angeles. Rivers should go back to Carolina (NC State) next year and light it up for Rivera and Norv. He’d put them in the playoffs more than once. The homeless LA Chargers are in the homeless capitol of America. Sad for a once great franchise who were fun to watch.

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
I hope rivers future career plan is to coach, anything but nfl ball. That or anything not under the nfl umbrella. I'd like to see him coach his way into a Saban slayer in the SEC. I'd even cheer him on if he went to his Alma matter school.

FUdean. FUnfl.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Lambo of the Jags

He is now 31 of 31 for field goals at home.

And the Chargers are moving on.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
They should have overpaid for Gordon. It's already cost them one game and the window is shutting fast on Rivers. Who cares if it wrecks your salary cap a few years down the road?

But spenis gonna spenis.
How did it cost them the game in Detroit? PR17 cost them the game in Detroit with that INT in the red zone. The D did not stop the Lions.
The Lions though are a better team than the talking heads give them credit for, and the Chargers may not be as good as some of us (read me) hoped for.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
How did it cost them the game in Detroit? PR17 cost them the game in Detroit with that INT in the red zone. The D did not stop the Lions.
The Lions though are a better team than the talking heads give them credit for, and the Chargers may not be as good as some of us (read me) hoped for.
The theory is that MGIII would’ve got the goal line call. Your theory works for me too ;)