• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Foley Shot!!!

Critter

BoltTalker
Does anyone know if Foley has struggled with alcohol in the past?

There was the previous incident which no charges were filed.

Now this bizarre turn of events.

It is pure supposition on my part about the alcohol but the report of driving erratically and charging a police office obviously questions his thinking process.

WonderSlug

Critter said:
Does anyone know if Foley has struggled with alcohol in the past?

There was the previous incident which no charges were filed.

Now this bizarre turn of events.

It is pure supposition on my part about the alcohol but the report of driving erratically and charging a police office obviously questions his thinking process.
From 1999 when he was with Cincy:

http://www.cincypost.com/sports/1999/foley041099.html

Bengals linebacker Steve Foley was arrested twice within a 24-hour period this week in Louisiana and now faces charges of failing to pay child support and driving while intoxicated.

Foley, the Bengals' third-round draft pick a year ago out of Northeast Louisiana, was arrested Wednesday morning after failing to appear on a non-support charge. Foley, who's entering the second season of a four-year contract, was later released from the Ouachita Parrish Correctional Center in Monroe, La., on a $2,000 bond.

Less than 24 hours later, Foley was pulled over at 3:15 a.m. Thursday by Louisiana State Police on Highway 80 and charged with driving while intoxicated and making an improper turn.

A Ouachita Parrish deputy told The Post on Friday that Foley was released at 4:45 a.m. after posting a $650 bond. Foley is expected in court May 5.

Todd Newman, Foley's agent, did not return a message seeking comment.

eldwin said:
I know Foley has been arrested in the past and I think they were alcohol related.

But the cop was in plain cloths and not in a black and white, followed him home from Coronodo to Poway, and fired shots at Foley's girlfriend.

Like I said before, I'm not a cop, but wouldn't/shouldn't they call for backup in the event of a pursuit??
I hope you are wrong bro...

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
The cop fired a shot INTO FOLEY'S CAR before shooting him. That is ****ing unacceptable. If someone in normal clothes and a normal car stalked me while driving and told me he was a police officer along the way and fired a shot into my car (with my girlfriend in it) when I stopped my car, I would fuggin fight back and so would you.

MtlBoltsFan said:
If someone in normal clothes and a normal car stalked me while driving and told me he was a police officer along the way and fired a shot into my car (with my girlfriend in it) when I stopped my car, I would fuggin fight back and so would you.
F'in A!

WonderSlug

MtlBoltsFan said:
The cop fired a shot INTO FOLEY'S CAR before shooting him. That is ****ing unacceptable. If someone in normal clothes and a normal car stalked me while driving and told me he was a police officer along the way and fired a shot into my car (with my girlfriend in it) when I stopped my car, I would fuggin fight back and so would you.
Let's wait until the full details are out.

Supposedly that car was coming right at the officer, aiming for him, so does he shoot that first or Foley?

MtlBoltsFan said:
Word.........................

Trumpet_Man

WonderSlug said:

Supposedly that car was coming right at the officer, aiming for him, so does he shoot that first or Foley?
I shoot the driver in the head then Foley on the head but that is me.

Police officers are never truly off-duty.

They have an obligation that goes along with the job to enforce public safety.

If they see someone driving eratically that could possibly endager other commuters they have an obligation to act.

I am not saying they have the right to automatically pull out there guns and start firing.

They do have a right to defend themselves from someone rushing at them or trying to run them over with a car.

All of this is speculation. We will just have to wait for reports.

MtlBoltsFan

WonderSlug said:

You're right let's wait for details but bottom line is that the cop was off duty not undercover and there should be laws protecting citizens from off duty officers.

MtlBoltsFan said:
You're right let's wait for details but bottom line is that the cop was off duty not undercover and there should be laws protecting citizens from off duty officers.
Read above post. They have an obligation to act if they deem public safety is at risk.

MtlBoltsFan

Critter said:
Read above post. They have an obligation to act if they deem public safety is at risk.
Yah lots of public safety at risk with a swerving car at 3 o'clock in the morning in a quiet town.

Trumpet_Man

eldwin said:
Yeah, I'm interested to see the details of the story. From Foley's girlfriends point of view: A car follows them home, a guy in plain cloths comes out, claims he's a cop, points a gun at Foley, fires a warning shot, so she drives the car at him to protect Foley, the cop shoots at the car, Foley charges the guy trying to protect his girlfriend.
It could be painted that way but if the guy is holding a badge and stating he is an officer and he probably had some sort of red light to pull Foley over, the likely hood of a carjacking given the above becomes slimmer and slimmer.

Trumpet_Man

MtlBoltsFan said:
He could have just shot out Foley's tire. Ever think of that? So much for ignorance...
Yeah but shooting out a tire when a car is coming at you ???

.... dude I go for the head shot....fuc the tire shot.....the car is still coming at your *** with a flat but now leaning a bit.....

MtlBoltsFan said:
He could have just shot out Foley's tire. Ever think of that? So much for ignorance...
While driving? That could cause a rollover and kill both of them or cause them to swerve into an oncoming car.

It states the officer fired a warning shot. Foley still came at him and then the girlfriend tried to run him over.

At least according to preliminary reports.