Flutie Flakes vs Wheaties : You Make the Call

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Which is your breakfast choice?

• Flutie Flakes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Wheaties

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006

Flutie gets his own Wheaties Box

Associated Press

9/7/2006 9:36:49 AM

BOSTON (AP) - Doug Flutie's appearance on a Wheaties box puts the final stamp on a career that started more than two decades ago when he put Boston College football on the map.

The cereal depicts Flutie in the arms of now-deceased offensive lineman Steve Trapilo after Flutie hit Gerard Phelan with a desperation pass on the final play of the Eagles' 47-45 win over Miami in the Orange Bowl.

"That's pretty cool for a kid that grew up thinking he wasn't going to play college football," Flutie said when the new Wheaties box was unveiled at Boston College. ......

Link to Wheaties "Champions List"

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
NEITHER! In none of these is he sportin Lightning Bolts!

y2craig

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2005
www.nzru.co.nz
You know, I never bought those flakes when he played in Buffalo and to be honest, I am glad I never bought them.

From what I understand through reliable sources who has been in the Bills locker room during the Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie QB battle here, Flutie was nothing but a s**t disturber when not in the cameras eye. He may have came across as the people's QB, but what good is that when he causes problems within the team?

Nuts to you Doug! :icon_finger:

TheLash

Aug 8, 2006
turbo_turtle said:
:icon_mrgreen: That is what I am talkin about and a big bowl please.:icon_mrgreen:
You ever take the big cereal bowl and stick it in the fridge like an hour before you're gonna eat. Like on a summer evening, thats sweet:yes:

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
TheLash said:
You ever take the big cereal bowl and stick it in the fridge like an hour before you're gonna eat. Like on a summer evening, thats sweet:yes:
You know it because it is cold staight from the fridge and keeps you cool for the rest of the night.:yes: :) :tup: