• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fleet Alternate Uni's coming

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Blue Angel scheme, lots of blue and gold?????
I always felt that would be a great combo.....dark navy blue with gold as in Nortre Dame gold, or like Navy's uniforms. Kinda thought the Fleet shoulda rolled that out to begin with. And then of course you have the Top Gun association in SD. I think the Blue Angels are more blue and yellow but blue and gold sort of catches the Naval theme better. I hope they end up going in that direction.....but understand the grey theme also. They might want to take the grey and make it more of a gunmetal bluish grey.....that would look awesome too.

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
I always felt that would be a great combo.....dark navy blue with gold as in Nortre Dame gold, or like Navy's uniforms. Kinda thought the Fleet shoulda rolled that out to begin with. And then of course you have the Top Gun association in SD. I think the Blue Angels are more blue and yellow but blue and gold sort of catches the Naval theme better. I hope they end up going in that direction.....but understand the grey theme also. They might want to take the grey and make it more of a gunmetal bluish grey.....that would look awesome too.
I don't know what the hell that jersey color is unless it's supposed to resemble the flight deck of a flat top. It looks like blacktop to me, now, I haven't seen the colors on anything other than a screen. I just say represent in the right way, hell I wouldn't even mind a proper camo uniform!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
I'm curious are all the teams rolling out alternates?

I am interested in if blue or gold are incorporated into fleet unis.
I sure hope blue and gold are......grey and yellow is ok but really not nearly as sharp as blue and gold would be. Gunmetal blue in place of the grey and gold in place of the yellow would be outstanding.....but even changing just the grey to gunmetal blue or dark navy blue would be standout. Or thow in the accents of blue at the very least.

It's a little whiter than I expected. Turns out it comes with a MAGA hat!

In all seriousness, it looks good--though you need to see them in action to really know.
I expected bright yellow shoulders...that's why I was kind of surprised it's sooooo white.
I'm callin' 'em the 'Vanna uni'
But it looks good. This business of two teams in dark jerseys was nuts.

Last edited: