First Cuts made, Oben on PUP

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
Well let's start combing the waiver wire for some tackle depth ASAP.

Oben is done as a Charger and professional football player.

Double shit.

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
SanDiegoRon said:
sounds like Clary will be a lock to make the team...

maybe....:icon_mrgreen:
I wonder if clary or lekkerekkerkker will make the active roster. Both are okay. But very young. Mcniels going to have to get by on alot of physical abiltiy. Hopefully he's that physically gifted.

I wonder how long jordan will last as the starter. He looked like he was wearing out in the seahawks game. Might be time to keep the fullback into block permenently.

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
Fuggin AJ could have traded the two 6ths for Baba Oshinowo I can't get over it :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: McKinney is in the game boys!! :icon_toast:

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
SanDiegoRon said:
sounds like Clary will be a lock to make the team...

maybe....:icon_mrgreen:
Clary is a POS at this time in his career he needs 2 years development time and then he'll be ready to be a career backup.

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
Boltdiehard said:
Well let's start combing the waiver wire for some tackle depth ASAP.

Oben is done as a Charger and professional football player.

Double shit.
This isn't a death sentence for Oben just confirms what many have already thought. He injury will take longer to come back from.

As for the waiver wire there will only be junk out there. If we want to get quality at the tackle position we will have to trade for it, which is unlikely.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
leisure said:
You mean we are like you now :lol:

Where is Trumpie to defend his boy Bill "Walton" Oben?

BTW having two kickers on the roster is wacked!!!
Hey man u suck....

When I found out Oben had the second surgery, I went off on the deal....

I am using my power of positive karma we get something after Week 6 from Oben for the Super Bowl run.

Ohmmmm :icon_banana: :nana_guitar: :nana_rasta: :nana_dance:

Thunderstruck

BoltTalker
Aug 16, 2006
Regarding Kurt Smith...Kaeding better not revert to his '05 form on kickoffs. If he does, I don't want to hear Marty say $^%# about needing to improve on kickoffs...

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
Thunderstruck said:
Regarding Kurt Smith...Kaeding better not revert to his '05 form on kickoffs. If he does, I don't want to hear Marty say $^%# about needing to improve on kickoffs...
I hear the NFL now allows each team to bring it's own footballs for gameday... perhaps we can fill OURS with helium...
:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Reactions: Thumper

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
SanDiegoRon said:
I hear the NFL now allows each team to bring it's own footballs for gameday... perhaps we can fill OURS with helium...
:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
can we switch our kicking balls for the college ones kaeding always killed?

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
leisure said:
You mean we are like you now :lol:

Where is Trumpie to defend his boy Bill "Walton" Oben?

BTW having two kickers on the roster is wacked!!!
Having two kickers on the roster might make sense in some situations, but rarely. They would both have to add significant value to the team. Or like when we had Wide Righty and what's his face, one would have to cover the deficiencies of the other.

Better to have one good kicker.

RMANCIL

Mar 13, 2006
I will be shocked if he ever plays again with out injuring his foot.

Serch the waiver wires

AnteaterRaider

Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
RMANCIL said:
I will be shocked if he ever plays again with out injuring his foot.

Serch the waiver wires
or go wiht Lekkerkerker because I can't imagine there'll be much out there

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
Guys I would really like to see AJ pick up RYAN FITZPATRICK if he's released which may very well be possible, even though he's outplayed Dave Ragone in the preseason, Linehan LOVES Ragone who played under him before. FITZ is a guy who can come in, learn the system quickly and manage the game well. Ramsdell probably fell in love with him in St.L so if he's released AJ may very well give him a look, although he probably wants a vet QB.

AnteaterRaider

Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
MtlBoltsFan said:
Guys I would really like to see AJ pick up RYAN FITZPATRICK if he's released which may very well be possible, even though he's outplayed Dave Ragone in the preseason, Linehan LOVES Ragone who played under him before. FITZ is a guy who can come in, learn the system quickly and manage the game well. Ramsdell probably fell in love with him in St.L so if he's released AJ may very well give him a look, although he probably wants a vet QB.
would sort of defeat the purpose in drafting Whitehurst though

MtlBoltsFan

Jun 27, 2006
leisure said:
So you want three QB's on the roster who combined would have played only three NFL regular season games? :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Did you take a stupid pill today?
Fitz is a genius he plays like he's been in the league for 8 years :icon_eek:

Reactions: Buttmunch

RMANCIL

Mar 13, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
or go wiht Lekkerkerker because I can't imagine there'll be much out there
You can bet Lekkerkerker see's a lot of PT this last pre season game , I will be shocked if he fails to play every down. The Bolts must find out if he has any hope to man the position.

Still you can bet that if any team is looking to move a proven vet who could fill the role the Bolts will be all over it. Just like when they landed Oben .

Buttmunch

Jul 5, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
can we switch our kicking balls for the college ones kaeding always killed?
It's not the balls, it's the different Tee's they use in college.