ESPN's Clayton says look for many trades after June 1st

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
Due to the new CBA which states that trades made after June 1st do not impact the current years cap...they only affect the next years cap...look for lots of movement.....Donnie? :icon_eek:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
I think Shammy also said something where deals done before June 1st could even be worked in a way that they apply as if they were actually done after that cutoff date, therefore having the cap hit take place next season.

:icon_huh:

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
WonderSlug said:
I think Shammy also said something where deals done before June 1st could even be worked in a way that they apply as if they were actually done after that cutoff date, therefore having the cap hit take place next season.

:icon_huh:
So there is still hope for Donnie to reunite with Drew...:lol:

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
dunno, thought the chargers were millions under cap anyways? Not sure how much this impacts them or their situation. doesn't seem like they've been signing up the FA's like snyder does...

course, I totally have faith that you posters will show me my dumbassedness...:D

Reactions: NYchargerfan

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
exodus said:
dunno, thought the chargers were millions under cap anyways? Not sure how much this impacts them or their situation. doesn't seem like they've been signing up the FA's like snyder does...

course, I totally have faith that you posters will show me my dumbassedness...:D
It could also impact us by the other division teams making trades...

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
O'reilly said:
It could also impact us by the other division teams making trades...
...Yeah, I hate them. Sometimes have trouble thinking about them. But, what does it matter.:icon_shrug: If Den and KC want to wind up in the same situation as SF, I don't get it. Putting off paying the contracts or whatever has not worked for any team yet. Are they hoping that the cap will rise every year to make up for it or are they planning on signing FA's on a yearly basis...???:icon_confused:

Reactions: KimPossible

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
exodus said:
...Yeah, I hate them. Sometimes have trouble thinking about them. But, what does it matter.:icon_shrug: If Den and KC want to wind up in the same situation as SF, I don't get it. Putting off paying the contracts or whatever has not worked for any team yet. Are they hoping that the cap will rise every year to make up for it or are they planning on signing FA's on a yearly basis...???:icon_confused:
I have just been truly amazed with how Shanahan has managed the cap in Denver...they have been perennial Playoff contenders for about as long as he has been there and they spend like money grows on trees...they got spanked once by The League and lost a 3rd round draft choice, but that same year they were awarded a 3rd rounder for some other reason that escapes me right now...but IIRC they wasted it on Maurice Clarrett...:icon_rofl:
But other than that, trade after trade and FA after FA, they have managed the cap as well as anyone...better in fact...:icon_evil:

NYchargerfan

Feb 27, 2006
O'reilly said:
I have just been truly amazed with how Shanahan has managed the cap in Denver...they have been perennial Playoff contenders for about as long as he has been there and they spend like money grows on trees...they got spanked once by The League and lost a 3rd round draft choice, but that same year they were awarded a 3rd rounder for some other reason that escapes me right now...but IIRC they wasted it on Maurice Clarrett...:icon_rofl:
But other than that, trade after trade and FA after FA, they have managed the cap as well as anyone...better in fact...:icon_evil:

I know, they should be our rivals... not those freaks in Oaktown..
Shanny the Rat AKA Skeletor has done a superb job in Denver and are always a contender... lets hope the loss of Kubiak does something to bring Denver back to the pack a bit.

Reactions: KimPossible

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
NYchargerfan said:
I know, they should be our rivals... not those freaks in Oaktown..
The Raiders will always be arch enemy number one. The Broncos are just trying to muscle in.....screw them as well........but the Raiders will always be the most hated (in most fans books).

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
I hate the Donkos more than any other team. It's not even close.

Dickheads. Every one of them.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Boltdiehard said:

You will never convince anybody who witnessed the Holy Roller of that ....especially the old farts.....there is just too much bad blood and then seeing a fan get stabbed.....fuc the Raiders....

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
Trumpet_Man said:
The Raiders will always be arch enemy number one. The Broncos are just trying to muscle in.....screw them as well........but the Raiders will always be the most hated (in most fans books).
Dude, there is a whole generation of Charger fans growing up only knowing how much the Raiders suck and wondering why all the hate for such a pathetic organization...:lol
Their dominance over us is becoming a faint memory...
We must teach these youngin's...

The Holy Roller
The 1980 AFC Championship game
Al Davis
The Evil Empire
The Disgusting Raider fans infestation of Our House

NEVER FORGET!!!

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
O'reilly said:
Dude, there is a whole generation of Charger fans growing up only knowing how much the Raiders suck and wondering why all the hate for such a pathetic organization...:lol

The Holy Roller
Al Davis
The Evil Empire

NEVER FORGET!!!

Exactly, I was only three when the holy roller happened, but any Bolt fan worth his salt knows that the Turds were, are and always will be Enemy #1. It's not even close. The organization is evil, their fans are evil, and the world would be a better place if they'd never been brought forth into existence by Satan himself.

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
Boltdiehard said:

I CONCUR... I want a sweeeeeeeepppppp of their azzs this year...

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
Trumpet_Man said:
You will never convince anybody who witnessed the Holy Roller of that ....especially the old farts.....there is just too much bad blood and then seeing a fan get stabbed.....fuc the Raiders....
I don't need no stinkin holy roller play to hate teh raiders
their existance and what one of their muthafrackin fans did to me is more then sufficient

Reactions: NYchargerfan

NYchargerfan

Feb 27, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:

The fan stabbing was truly appalling.. the Holy Roller is a bit before my time.

That Fouts team in the 80's had no business losing to the Bengals or the Raiders... we should have a lombardi by now.. the way I see it, the NFL owes us one from back in the day.

NYchargerfan

Feb 27, 2006
PostAnteaterCharger said:
I don't need no stinkin holy roller play to hate teh raiders
their existance and what one of their muthafrackin fans did to me is more then sufficient

What happened loren? Did you get in a fight or something?

NYchargerfan

Feb 27, 2006
Dont get me wrong guys.. I hate Raider fan and thier religion of scumbags as much as the next guy.

But I we are opening a decade of dominance on them..
They are a non-factor..

Denver owns us of late though..

I will always hate the Raiders, but of late my venom for the donkey diks is getting more visceral.

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
I agree. Denver is Enemy #1 right now. The Raiders suck so bad that its like picking on a retarded kid. Their fans that think they are superbowl bound just may be retarded. As for Denver, thats a whole 'nother ballgame. They abuse that air pressure bonus of theirs too much. We need to get our team there early in the week and get the guys adjusted. Denver fans are usually as big of asses as Raider fans except alot of them actually know who is playing on the team. The Donkey Show must be stopped!

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
You young'uns can not imagine the RAGE hardcore Bolt Fans felt that day...we got snookered, hornswaggled, cheated, bambozzled, and shat upon!!

That moment when the Refs signalled TD after they got together to figger out WTF had happened, is forever etched in my brain!!

No, the Donks are NOT the most hated amongst our AFC West rivals. They may be the most fearsome, the most bothersome, and yeah, Shanarat has created angst in 'Dago with his cheatin chop-blockin tactics, but frankly, thats cyclical.

No my young Bolt bretheren, the title of the most hated belongs to those asssholes in Chokeland...they are to be loathed and despised. The should be sent snivellin backta their hovels, like they were on Halloween Nite, '04, when Drew had mebbe his finest hour as a Charger QB, and the slaughter commenced on the very first drive.

Y'all axt me, that was the finest perfomance of ANY Charger QB!!

Hate is good!!

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
MadMike said:
...Denver fans are usually as big of asses as Raider fans except alot of them actually know who is playing on the team...
lmao. That's the truth.

A's fans are a pretty trashy bunch as well. Oakland is trash. Most everything there is dangerous. Driving through there is deadly. The ghetto's there are the worst in the state. It's horrible. And then the Raiders turn around and pander to the lowest level. And they still can't sellout a game. You can bring your kids to a Chargers game. Not in Oakland. People won't even go to the games because the fans are beligerant jerkstores and they'd rather not deal with them. How can anyone run a franchise like this? I mean, your fans actually drive people away by their actions.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
exodus said:
lmao. That's the truth.

A's fans are a pretty trashy bunch as well. Oakland is trash. Most everything there is dangerous. Driving through there is deadly. The ghetto's there are the worst in the state. It's horrible. And then the Raiders turn around and pander to the lowest level. And they still can't sellout a game. You can bring your kids to a Chargers game. Not in Oakland. People won't even go to the games because the fans are beligerant jerkstores and they'd rather not deal with them. How can anyone run a franchise like this? I mean, your fans actually drive people away by their actions.
I know jdog has been to a game in Oakland wearing all his Charger gear. Super props to the jdog for that. I'd go if I were up that way, but I can't do the Monday night game with my work schedule. I'd love to be up there to watch the Bolts stomp those pathetic Faiders. I could bring my camera and see how many Faider fans I could catch sobbing. I will do it one season, but for now I'll just be at the Faider Charger game here in SD.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
O'reilly said:

The Holy Roller
Al Davis
The Evil Empire

NEVER FORGET!!!

I will never forget...........never :icon_evil: