ESPN2: Rivers to bomb in San Diego

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Big Dave

BoltTalker
Nov 8, 2005
phinfever.com
I thought I'd share this with you all. I think he's way off on this. I'm an NCSU alumn and watched Rivers for 4 years. He's one of the smartest quarterbacks that I've seen at the collegiate level. He also has a quick release and can sense the defense in the pocket. He will find a way to win.

8. Phillip Rivers is going to bomb in San Diego.

It's never a good idea to try to develop an inexperienced, weak-armed quarterback with a receiving corps led by a 36-year-old, well-past-his-prime receiver not named Jerry Rice. Keenan McCardell had a great season a year ago -- 70 receptions and a career-high nine touchdowns. He can't duplicate that year. Not at 36. And not with Rivers flinging floaters with his sidearm delivery. The Chargers don't have a reliable receiver to stretch the defense and provide all-world tight end Antonio Gates plenty of room to operate underneath. Rivers' weak arm and San Diego's mediocre receiving corps are going to clog running lanes for LaDainian Tomlinson.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060720&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
To say Rivers has a weak arm just goes to show you how clueless this guy is. Plus to say that McCardell had his best season and is washed up all in the same sentence.:lol

Reactions: SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er

Apr 27, 2006

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006

PhilipRivers#1

BoltTalker
Mar 14, 2006

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
That's the Whitlock article right?

Yeah, when you read further and see him picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl and that Joey Harrington would beat out Daunte Culpepper in Miami, you know the guy's an idiot.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Big Dave said:
I thought I'd share this with you all. I think he's way off on this. I'm an NCSU alumn and watched Rivers for 4 years. He's one of the smartest quarterbacks that I've seen at the collegiate level. He also has a quick release and can sense the defense in the pocket. He will find a way to win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060720&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1
Thanks for the post Big Dave. ESPN Page 2 is like theonion.com is to genuine news. It's a parady. It's fun to read, but has nothing to do with reality. Those Page 2 guys pull most of the stuff out of their ***!

CrmWestwood

BoltTalker
Mar 21, 2006
Rivers has a weak arm??? I thought he had a cannon compared to Brees, oh oh and last I checked we won pretty often with a weak armed Brees soooooooo........F*** this guy up his pooper, moron!

CrmWestwood

BoltTalker
Mar 21, 2006
:icon_rofl: Did this guy just say the Bengals win 6 this year? Did they trade Carson Palmer or Chad Johnson? huh? what? where have I been?

T.O. will have 18 touchdowns??? Did the cowboys trade Drew Bledsoe for Carson Palmer...oh ok that makes sense then...where have I been???

Joey Harrington is going to beat out anybody??? Forget Culpepper, anybody? Where in the hell have I been!!!????

Is Indy's passing game not highly reliant on play-action??? Are teams going to respect play action to some weak RB; am I missing something here???

Steve McNair solves a QB problem??? When did Steve McNair become 26 again? When did the Ravens become even good again, much less Super Bowl contenders??? What is this guy smoking and where can I get some???

Could I write for ESPN??? I'm pretty sure I could write a top-ten list of things that could never happen just like this guy has done. Wow that was a fun read, and by fun I mean hillariously funny!!!
:icon_rofl: :icon_banana: :icon_rofl: