• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Emergency In Sea Of Cortez!!!

Electric Chair

I cut and pasted this from another site I read. Please take the 30 seconds to send this. If they are allowed to do this it will kill one of the most incredible habitats for sealife on the entire planet.

igfarich said:
Hello all,

There is an emergency situation occurring in Baja and the Sea of Cortez. Longtime friend, Minerva Saenz of Minerva's Baja Tackle just emailed me that the Mexican government is trying to sneak a "revised" version of SHARK NORMA 029 through without notice. Some of the "revisions" include REDUCING the 50 mile conservation zone to as little as 10 MILES!! We all know that would mean the complete devastation of the Sea of Cortez with converted shrimp trawlers dragging longlines and gill nets just offshore. The boats are already converted and waiting for this opportunity to make money at the expense of the resource.

PLEASE EXPRESS YOUR DISAPPROVAL!!! LET THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT KNOW THAT GREED LIKE THIS WILL KILL THE SEA OF CORTEZ!!!

Seawatch has a "sample letter" that can be modified online and emailed with just one click. Some of the email addresses are no longer valid but many of them will reach those who need to hear from concerned anglers and individuals. I will attempt to get current email addresses for all top level government officials in Mexico, President included and post them to this site as well as others. In the meantime, visit the link below to get to SeaWatch's site.

Sea Watch | Make a Difference - Express Your Opinion

If any of you know of other ways, people or organizations that help stop this from happening, please email me - caborich@cabosbest.com or rchudy@igfaanglersdigest.com

More info will be posted on IGFA Anglers Digest - Fishing Show, Tips, Articles, World Records, Photos, Videos, Lodges, Resorts, Charters, Guides, Best Fishing Show on TV as it comes available.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO TAKE THE TIME TO TRY AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!