1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities for the sports fans. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Early AFC West predictions

Discussion in 'American Football' started by SDRay, Jun 26, 2005.

1. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,338
    1. Chargers
    2. Chiefs
    3. Broncos
    4. Raiders

2. oca

oca BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I predict

Chargers
    Raiders
    Chiefs
    Broncos

• Like Like x 1
  3. SDRay

SDRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,338
    49ers to surprise this year. 9 and 7, NFC Wild Card

4. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,338
    Since when were the 49ers in the AFC West? lol.

5. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,338
    1.Chargers / Chiefs
    3.Raiders
    4.Denver

6. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,096
    Broncos
    Chiefs
    Raiders
    LAC

7. captaind

captaind Resist the Dark Side — Join the Alliance

Ratings:
    +264
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Raiders
    Donkeys

Chargers 9-7, best team to not make the playoffs. Chiefs one and done.

AFC West sucks.

Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,878
    Chargers
    Broncos
    Raiders
    Chiefs

9. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,257
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Broncos
    Chiefs

GO GRUDEN!!!!!!!!!

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,364
    FUDEAN
    FUDEAN
    FUDEAN
    FUDEAN FTW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +466
    Digging deep for this one.

Damn 2005 prediction thread.

Chiefs
    Raiders
    That other team
    Denver, fvck the Broncos.

12. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,878
    Stop kissin up to Ray! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,257
    great minds think alike . It's like opposite poles of a magnet and electrons. We are repelled by the negative Dean pole, attracted to the postive Gruden pole. :D I think you are a neutral electron, a neutrino, don't like Dean, don't like Gruden.....so you are confused.:helm1: So in your confused state you can't escape the Carson electrical field :bolt2::helm1::bolt2:. :eek:We gotta figure out how to get you fully toward the positive pole. ;)

14. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +825
    Broncos
    Costa Mesa
    Chiefs
    Raiders

15. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,257
    Broncos seem to be taking bigtime steps this offseason to get back into the competition. QB was the biggest move obviously but they had, by almost all analysts, one of the best if not THE best draft of any team. I'm not sold on Vance Joseph. Not sure that guy is cut out to be a HC. He'll be on the hot seat of they don't improve this year. John Elway is not gonna be patient very long.

16. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +610
    1. Chargers--They were already the best team in the AFCW by the end of 2017 and they improved more than any other team in the division by getting Lamp back, signing Pouncey, signing a reliable albeit not spectacular kicker, and significantly upgrading what was already the best defense in the division. Some pundits are now considering the Chargers as a serious Super Bowl contender. They will likely go through the regular season at about 11-5. (Looks more like 13-3 on paper, but with so many expected wins, an unlikely loss or two is much more likely by sheer number of chances for it to happen.)

2. Chiefs--The Chiefs got significantly worse this offseason with the loss of Smith and Peters, but were significantly better going into this offfseason than the Raiders and Broncos, who had nowhere to go but up. The Chiefs have matched up well against the Chargers in recent years and could get a win against them that the other AFCW teams are not likely to duplicate. Somewhere around 8-8 seems about right for them.

3. Broncos--The Broncos did improve, but probably not by as much as some seem to be thinking. Keenum is overrated and has a weak arm. He benefitted from the league's best defense last year in points allowed. He should do worse in 2018 than he did in his outlier 2017 season. The Bronco defense is not what it was several years ago, though it will still be good. 7-9 looks about right for them.

4. Raiders--Gruden seemed out of his depth during the draft with reaches, risky draft picks and questionable trades. The Raiders were a mess after last year and improved less than two of the three other teams in the division, so it looks like the Broncos should overtake them for 3rd place in the division. With lots of roster holes still present, a finish around 6-10 seems likely.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +825
    Costa Mesa is everyone's off-season darling. They are every year and how does that always turn out? With Alex Smith gone, they're the "safe" pick.

I don't know about Gruden. I think he'll energize that organization but he's signing players like it's 2008 not 2018.

Screw playing it safe though. The Broncos are my bold prediction because no one is going to give them or Keenum any chance.

18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,364
    How does a team look like 13-3 on paper? In May.....

I'm not against rooting for every team that isn't owned by a spanni

I'm going

KC
    Raiders
    FUDEAN
    Donks

19. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,257
    Ha, you just came up with a good rebrand name. The LA Foodeens. :D They are taking any suggestions for team colors and logos on the helmets etc. We can start with this. :poop:

Who here thinks Dean sucks??????:
    [​IMG]

20. SDRay

Ratings:
    +2,338
    Man this a super old thread that was bumped. Reverse my predictions on the OP for 2018.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,257
    yeah when I saw the revived threads I didn't immediately realize they were from 2005, thought you'd gone stark mad. :eek:

22. FiftyFive

FiftyFive Dean Spanos is a traitor!

Ratings:
    +348
    1. Kansas City
    2. Carson
    3. Denver
    4. Oakland

23. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +974
    If the Rams are good, the Chargers won't win the division. If the Rams suck, the League will give the Chargers every benefit it can to get them deep in the playoffs.

24. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,961
    I predict that Dean Spanos is a piece of sh-t.

• Winner Winner x 1