• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dumbest fan base ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Stupid San Diego fans that replied to you. They all enjoy golden showers and taking it up the rear from dean spanos. In fact that's why they are the Blue and Gold lolz. Eff them. And BTW its the reason I'm very skeptical about the AAF......the AFFILIATION with the NFL.....so all these carson fans will be showing up looking for talent for the chokers just as the NFL scouts are. I'm not really buyin in to a 'consolation prize' team until the NFL gives back SD the bolts or another NFL team, or until this league divorces itself completely from the NFL and gets deep pocket owners and goes head to head with the NFL like the old AFL did.

I think you should be kinder to those individuals ( as in two or three).
They have an illness and they need care.
This “acting out” is a cry for help. Remove apparel and give them a WWE t shirt to relax in.
Then maybe a card with Stan Kroenke picture on it to mediate on.

Gill Man

Staff member
I think you should be kinder to those individuals ( as in two or three).
They have an illness and they need care.
This “acting out” is a cry for help. Remove apparel and give them a WWE t shirt to relax in.
Then maybe a card with Stan Kroenke picture on it to mediate on.
ha ha, there were more than 2 or 3 interestingly enough, and the comments were definitely brain dead, DOA. Am guessing not all were from SD and were choker fans just to cause trouble for Ray. Either way, if San Diegans, it's demonstrative of why the city has in the past been viewed as a fairweather town. What they are demonstrating is they are fully on board with an evil greedy owner taking away a team to a bigger market simply for monetary gain over and above the fortune he was making in SD, and mostly as a FU to the city council and city for not giving him more taxpayer money, and that they are validating that slight by continuuing to cheer on that owner's team, acting like nothing ever happened. Sad, really sad. Gives SD a bad rep. You never saw that schit in CLE and BAL....NEVER. It's been a passionate hate of Modell and Irsay with those city's fans ever since. SD is just too mellow and absent the passion of those cities. Sad, really sad, bums the hell out of me frankly. Hopefully they are the vocal minority and a few whack individuals .....but the fans that showed up at the Colisseum for the Rams/Chargers last year were a big contingent from SD ALLEGEDLY. If so, dummies as Ray said.

I don't know. I like Concudan and Chaincrusher. They might be the smallest fan-base ever and everything we stand against. Plus, thanks to Chaincrusher, we could say this base is the most wordy and unwilling to admit defeat. However, the dumbest? I am thinking Browns fans, Eagles fans, Giants fans, or Raiders fans make for the dumbest. It depends how one measures degrees of dumb.

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
I was simply stating that one should wear Fleet gear and not gear of that team that abandoned us if they are indeed supporting the Fleet. WTF would you wear that other teams Jersey at a "Fleet" game other than to troll SD and their fans.

Gill Man

Staff member
I don't know. I like Concudan and Chaincrusher. They might be the smallest fan-base ever and everything we stand against. Plus, thanks to Chaincrusher, we could say this base is the most wordy and unwilling to admit defeat. However, the dumbest? I am thinking Browns fans, Eagles fans, Giants fans, or Raiders fans make for the dumbest. It depends how one measures degrees of dumb.
Conc and Chain don't fit that category Ray brought up, neither lives in SD.

Gill Man

Staff member
I was simply stating that one should wear Fleet gear and not gear of that team that abandoned us if they are indeed supporting the Fleet. WTF would you wear that other teams Jersey at a "Fleet" game other than to troll SD and their fans.
yeah agree, it's trolling at it's finest. Eff them. If they wanna masquerade it as something else eff them x2. What a bunch of f-ing dickheads.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
I know the emotion driving the post, but I kinda agree with some of the comments.

We don't live in north korea, so why are you trying to tell people what to wear?

People need to stop being so dam sensitive about what people think, say and do that they don't agree with.

Before anyone says this is a statement against SD it is not. I get people not liking the Chargers, have repeated this over and over. If someone chooses to go to a fleet game wearing an NFL jersey so effing what? Saw a guy in a browns jersey rooting for San Antonio. Pictures above shows someone in a Giants jersey... So what?

Besides, you tel people not to do something, many are going to do it to show you they have stones... So all this did was ensure a few people who might not have worn bolts will now.

I know the emotion driving the post, but I kinda agree with some of the comments.

We don't live in north korea, so why are you trying to tell people what to wear?

People need to stop being so dam sensitive about what people think, say and do that they don't agree with.

Before anyone says this is a statement against SD it is not. I get people not liking the Chargers, have repeated this over and over. If someone chooses to go to a fleet game wearing an NFL jersey so effing what? Saw a guy in a browns jersey rooting for San Antonio. Pictures above shows someone in a Giants jersey... So what?

Besides, you tel people not to do something, many are going to do it to show you they have stones... So all this did was ensure a few people who might not have worn bolts will now.
Are you the kind of guy who wears a Jane Fonda T-shirt to the VFW and wonders why nobody wants to dance with you?

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster

Folks can wear whatever the hell they want. But it is very different wearing an NFL jersey at one of the other 7 AAF home games than wearing a LA Chargers jersey at the Q. Don't know how that shows your support of the Fleet. But whatever...it's only been 2 years since this town got burned. Heck maybe Boltman will show up in full costume. No better way to welcome our new team than to wear that other teams stuff.

Last edited:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Folks can wear whatever the hell they want. But it is very different wearing an NFL jersey at one of the other 7 AAF home games than wearing a LA Chargers jersey at the Q. Don't know how that shows your support of the Fleet. But whatever...it's only been 2 years since this town got burned. Heck maybe Boltman will show up in full costume. No better way to welcome our new team than to wear that other teams stuff.
How does wearing a Browns jersey show they support the Commanders?
Or Giants?

The crowds were rife with NFL jerseys. I dont get it, but I am not going to preemptively tell people they cant wear them.

Is the Chicken busy?

TTK

EX-Charger Fan

This is not like the San Antonio game last night. The circumstances are vastly different.

After our team spit in our and our city's face after 55 years, we're getting a new team just two years later. Yeah, it's not the NFL but we're happy for what it is. This is our chance to stick it to Deanie Weenie by packing a full house full of Fleet fans. And how do fans of their team show their support at a game? They wear the home team colors and jersey.

We San Diegans want to see a 40 plus thousand crowd rocking the stadium in Fleet gear to stick it to Weenie, while his stadium is getting 10k home fans at best every week.

I'll say it again. Non-San DIegans just don't get it. They can try to understand and they will say they do but the fact of the matter is that they just don't. It's blatantly obvious by comments like this.

So I tweeted this yesterday and got quite the reaction.

SDRay, I get that you are hard against the Chargers for them leaving San Diego, but I agree with those challenging your tweet telling people what to wear. Not everyone has the same views as you do and they should have the same right to express their views and allegiances through what they wear as you do. The Fleet are the AAF team that is in the same region as that that the Chargers call home, so it would be natural for Chargers fans choosing to follow an AAF team to be Fleet fans. That would probably be the rule and not the exception for Charger fans following the AAF.

For those that do not share your anti-Chargers views, wearing the "major league" team's jersey to the "minor league" affiliate's game would not be abnormal in the least. I can tell you that any Frisco Roughriders (Texas Rangers Double-A affiliate) home game, if someone is wearing sports gear, but that gear is not Roughriders gear, it is most likely Texas Rangers gear and it is not just a few people.

And to be absolutely clear, it is not that I do not get your view, it is that I do not share it, which is why it is so easy for me to see the merit of the responsive tweets opposing your tweet.

Again, for those that do not share the view that the Chargers "abandoned" San Diegans, wearing a major league team's gear to a minor league affiliate's home game would not look the least bit out of pace or be the least bit inappropriate. That may be what you believe, but it is not what others believe and they should be free to express their own allegiances through the gear of the teams that they support.

Fans supporting their team by wearing team gear is not trolling people that do not support that team. I do not wish to sound harsh, but you and those sharing your views are probably a non-factor to the very vast majority Charger gear wearing Fleet fans. Those people will wear Charger gear because that is what they want to wear, not because they are trying to troll anti-Chargers fans that happen to attend Fleet games.

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
This is not like the San Antonio game last night. The circumstances are vastly different.

After our team spit in our and our city's face after 55 years, we're getting a new team just two years later. Yeah, it's not the NFL but we're happy for what it is. This is our chance to stick it to Deanie Weenie by packing a full house full of Fleet fans. And how do fans of their team show their support at a game? They wear the home team colors and jersey.

We San Diegans want to see a 40 plus thousand crowd rocking the stadium in Fleet gear to stick it to Weenie, while his stadium is getting 10k home fans at best every week.

I'll say it again. Non-San DIegans just don't get it. They can try to understand and they will say they do but the fact of the matter is that they just don't. It's blatantly obvious by comments like this.
Well said TTK. I just don’t get why some don’t get THIS.

Stupid San Diego fans that replied to you. They all enjoy golden showers and taking it up the rear from dean spanos. In fact that's why they are the Blue and Gold lolz. Eff them. And BTW its the reason I'm very skeptical about the AAF......the AFFILIATION with the NFL.....so all these carson fans will be showing up looking for talent for the chokers just as the NFL scouts are. I'm not really buyin in to a 'consolation prize' team until the NFL gives back SD the bolts or another NFL team, or until this league divorces itself completely from the NFL and gets deep pocket owners and goes head to head with the NFL like the old AFL did.
I am sure that NFL scouts will turn over every rock looking for players, but I think only a small handful of players will have much of a chance to stick with an NFL team. The Chargers are a team tha has fewer holes than most teams, so I think they are not very likely to be able to improve their roster by adding players from the Fleet. Even those few from the AAF that make the NFL are much more likely to be fringe of the roster or practice squad type players than they are players of primary importance to an NFL team.

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Again, for those that do not share the view that the Chargers "abandoned" San Diegans, wearing a major league team's gear to a minor league affiliate's home game would not look the least bit out of pace or be the least bit inappropriate. That may be what you believe, but it is not what others believe and they should be free to express their own allegiances through the gear of the teams that they support.

Fans supporting their team by wearing team gear is not trolling people that do not support that team. I do not wish to sound harsh, but you and those sharing your views are probably a non-factor to the very vast majority Charger gear wearing Fleet fans. Those people will wear Charger gear because that is what they want to wear, not because they are trying to troll anti-Chargers fans that happen to attend Fleet games.
Yes the Chargers did abandon SD...that’s a fact and they have done NOTHING to show otherwise. Also I understand the concept of wearing different jerseys for sporting events. It would however, be nice to welcome our new “Pro” football team in their very first home opener by wearing their colors or gear. And the fleet are not an affiliate of that LA team.

Yes the Chargers did abandon SD...that’s a fact and they have done NOTHING to show otherwise. Also I understand the concept of wearing different jerseys for sporting events. It would however, be nice to welcome our new “Pro” football team in their very first home opener by wearing their colors or gear. And the fleet are not an affiliate of that LA team.
The Chargers relocated their business two hours to the north in Los Angeles. They did not sever ties with San Diegans. San Diegans were not precluded from continuing as fans of the Chargers and they were certainly not banned from the StubHub Center on game days. Rather, it is many San Diegans that have abandoned the Chargers.

I agree that the Fleet are not a Chargers minor league team. However, the the Chargers are a Phase 2 exclusive rights drawing source for the Fleet. So, if the player did not play for an allocated college and ended up on the Chargers, the Fleet have the rights to that player, which means that ex-Chargers are more likely to end up on the Fleet than on any other AAF team. Chargers fans may recognize some of those names and be drawn more to the Fleet as a result. So, like it or not, there is a connection between the Chargers and the Fleet.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
The Chargers relocated their business two hours to the north in Los Angeles. They did not sever ties with San Diegans. San Diegans were not precluded from continuing as fans of the Chargers and they were certainly not banned from the StubHub Center on game days. Rather, it is many San Diegans that have abandoned the Chargers.
Again, non-San DIegans, don't even pretend to understand this. Just don't.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator

I am going to speak in generalities, because this is not aimed at you TTK...

But does anyone understand the sound of arrogance that comes off of posts where the San Diegans are saying they are special, and things are different for them because they lost the Chargers? It IS the same as the San Antonio game. What you're a brotherhood of the abandoned now, so you can say "you just dont get it"? No I don't get how the BDTs think that this should now enable them to tell people what to wear, and when to wear it.

The Chargers don't matter to the AAF. The Browns dont matter to the Commanders. So preemptive posts telling people what to wear is looking for a fight. It is trolling, nothing more.

So what the Chargers left. They spit on 55 years of loyalty from the fans. So what? It is over. It is done, there is no unringing the gong. It does not mean that the down trodden San Diegans get to start demanding censorship and telling people what to wear, what not to wear, what to put on their cars, and who to root for. Do you see it yet? Trying to dictate to others and use the excuse that the Chargers left is not even laughable. It is down right sad.

San Diego lost an NFL team. One that many here backed through thick and thin. Some made a choice to tell them to go fucks straight off. Good. Some decided to still follow them. Good. Freedom of will and all that.

All's Ray's post did was ensure some would wear the Chargers jerseys. Not sure how that proves anything.

If you guys want to fight with strangers because of a silly NFL team, ok. Thought please be sure to wear your new Raiders gear while acting like punk azz beotches.

Status
Not open for further replies.