Don Banks take on the AFC West

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
13,349
1,338
350
www.bolttalk.com
AFC West

Key question: Which AFC West playoff team will have a midseason quarterback change?

Answer: Like it or not, Jake Plummer, we're going with the Denver Broncos, who haven't seen anything not to like about rookie Jay Cutler this preseason. At some point this year Plummer is going to struggle and start turning the ball over like he did in last January's AFC title game. And when he does, the Broncos are going to have Cutler, the 11th overall pick in this year's draft, ready to go.

1. Denver (11-5): The AFC West has had a different champion each of the past four years, but the Broncos will end that streak by repeating. Denver's acquisition of receiver Javon Walker is laden with impact potential.

2. San Diego (9-7): We're not saying Philip Rivers is going to make everyone in San Diego forget Drew Brees this year. But the feeling here is that Rivers isn't going to represent a huge drop-off at the position.

3. Kansas City (8-8): Larry Johnson may be a fantasy football player's delight, but that doesn't mean he can make the Chiefs' Super Bowl dreams come true all by himself. Stop us if you've heard this one before, but K.C.'s defensive improvement will again be key.

4. Oakland (5-11): The Raiders are counting on Aaron Brooks to get rid of his inconsistent streak and showcase his obvious talents as a mobile, playmaking quarterback. But that's a lot to expect at this stage of his career.
Link
 
  • Like
Reactions: SDRaiderH8er

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,916
1,826
350
San Diego, CA
I still think Denver is heavily going to regret getting rid of Trevor Pryce and Mike Anderson
they lost their primary runner who really could shoulder the load and their primary pass rusher (the front four can't get pressure except through blitzing).
 

Electric Chair

Well-Known Member
May 23, 2006
8,437
563
350
He should change his name to Don Bunks.

Denver is going to change QB's midseason because Plummer is playing so bad, yet they are still going to win the division and finish 11-5? WTF?
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
Electric Chair said:
He should change his name to Don Bunks.

Denver is going to change QB's midseason because Plummer is playing so bad, yet they are still going to win the division and finish 11-5? WTF?
In essence he is saying that only Oakland will improve from the previous season. :icon_huh:

Denver -> 13-3 in 2005 to 11-5 in 2006
San Diego -> 9-7 in 2005 to 9-7 in 2006
Kansas City -> 10-6 in 2005 to 8-8 in 2006
Oakland -> 4-12 in 2005 to 5-11 in 2006
 

RMANCIL

Well-Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
998
209
190
Denvers pick up of Walker is huge.

Here is their Schedule

1 Sun, Sep 10 at St. Louis Tickets CBS 1:00 PM = W
2 Sun, Sep 17 Kansas City Tickets CBS 4:15 PM = W
3 Sun, Sep 24 at New England Tickets NBC 8:15 PM = L
4 BYE WEEK
5 Mon, Oct 9 Baltimore Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM =W
6 Sun, Oct 15 Oakland Tickets NBC 8:15 PM = W
7 Sun, Oct 22 at Cleveland Tickets CBS 4:05 PM = W
8 Sun, Oct 29 Indianapolis Tickets CBS 4:15 PM = L
9 Sun, Nov 5 at Pittsburgh Tickets CBS 4:15 PM = L
10 Sun, Nov 12 at Oakland Tickets CBS 4:05 PM = W
11 Sun, Nov 19 San Diego Tickets CBS 4:15 PM = W
12 Thu, Nov 23 at Kansas City Tickets NFL 8:00 PM = L
13 Sun, Dec 3 Seattle Tickets FOX 4:15 PM = W
14 Sun, Dec 10 at San Diego Tickets CBS 4:15 PM = L
15 Sun, Dec 17 at Arizona Tickets CBS 4:05 PM = W
16 Sun, Dec 24 Cincinnati Tickets CBS 4:15 PM = W
17 Sun, Dec 31 San Francisco Tickets FOX 4:15 PM = W

11- 5 Broncos get wildcard Chargers western division champ 12- 4
Ron Mancil 9-1-06
:tup:
 

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
13,349
1,338
350
www.bolttalk.com
WonderSlug said:
In essence he is saying that only Oakland will improve from the previous season. :icon_huh:

Denver -> 13-3 in 2005 to 11-5 in 2006
San Diego -> 9-7 in 2005 to 9-7 in 2006
Kansas City -> 10-6 in 2005 to 8-8 in 2006
Oakland -> 4-12 in 2005 to 5-11 in 2006
I think he just went for the easy way out. Predicting no big changes.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
Thumper said:
I think he just went for the easy way out. Predicting no big changes.
As Trumpie would say, dude needs to grab his nutsack from his wife's purse and make some testosterone-filled predictions. None of this vaginally-induced vacillation, *MAAAANNNN*.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,916
1,826
350
San Diego, CA
WonderSlug said:
As Trumpie would say, dude needs to grab his nutsack from his wife's purse and make some testosterone-filled predictions. None of this vaginally-induced vacillation, *MAAAANNNN*.
that was scary realistic
people based predictions most often on what they saw last year
Its hard not to in all honesty
 

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
Jul 11, 2006
14,859
1,162
350
WonderSlug said:
As Trumpie would say, dude needs to grab his nutsack from his wife's purse and make some testosterone-filled predictions. None of this vaginally-induced vacillation, *MAAAANNNN*.

Wow, this is scary funny dide. :icon_huh:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
WonderSlug said:
As Trumpie would say, dude needs to grab his nutsack from his wife's purse and make some testosterone-filled predictions. None of this vaginally-induced vacillation, *MAAAANNNN*.
Fuq Trumpie...he needsta get in touch with his feminine side!!

:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :icon_rofl:
 
M

matilack

Guest
Thumper said:
the bottom line is its foolish to predict how well the Chargers will do this year, I belive they have a top 5 defense, the best running back in the NFL, the best TE ever to play the game, a SOLID recieving core, a decent Oline, but its all on the shoulders of the most important player on the field Philip Rivers.
The Chargers at WORST will be 8-8, due to an easy schedule, but i can see them doing as well as 12-4 if Philip even resembles DrewB in the slightest.

Denver is good, the team to beat.
KC is WAY WAY WAY overrated.
Oakland is in a rebuilding process, the worst thing that could happen is they are so bad that they pick up Brady Quinn next year.
 
M

matilack

Guest
Ride The Lightning said:
I think I'm sick of hearing what people think and would rather JUST GET THE FUGGIN' SEASON STARTED ALREADY!!!!

ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm down with that:bolt: :icon_party: :icon_toast:
 

Critter

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
619
21
130
51
Ride The Lightning said:
I think I'm sick of hearing what people think and would rather JUST GET THE FUGGIN' SEASON STARTED ALREADY!!!!

ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Agreed.

I'm officially sick and tired of the talking heads and prognosticators.

Time to prove it on the field.:icon_beerbang:
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,916
1,826
350
San Diego, CA
Amen
Not to mention for our first game we go into the black hole and kick the raiders ass all over oakland!
 

Kwak

....
May 25, 2006
4,433
657
320
PostAnteaterCharger said:
I still think Denver is heavily going to regret getting rid of Trevor Pryce and Mike Anderson
they lost their primary runner who really could shoulder the load and their primary pass rusher (the front four can't get pressure except through blitzing).
Pryce they will miss. The loss of Anderson won't be a blip on the radar. The Donks change RBs like underware and never notice a difference.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,916
1,826
350
San Diego, CA
_Kwak_ said:
Pryce they will miss. The loss of Anderson won't be a blip on the radar. The Donks change RBs like underware and never notice a difference.
The big thing is none of hte current backs are backs that were capeable of carrying the load. Last year it was Anderson with Bell and Dayne providing support. Now T Bell and Dayne back up M Bell and there's no guarentee that he can take the load. In all likeliness your right but I personally think Anderson was the best back besides Portis that the Broncos had after Davis retired. Besides I"m being optimistic the bronks will have a piss poor running game :icon_shrug:
 
M

matilack

Guest
PostAnteaterCharger said:
The big thing is none of hte current backs are backs that were capeable of carrying the load. Last year it was Anderson with Bell and Dayne providing support. Now T Bell and Dayne back up M Bell and there's no guarentee that he can take the load. In all likeliness your right but I personally think Anderson was the best back besides Portis that the Broncos had after Davis retired. Besides I"m being optimistic the bronks will have a piss poor running game :icon_shrug:
If the Broncs creat to much of a QB controversy over Cutler and Plummer, it could get ugly. Players will start taking sides. Thats what im optimistic for.
What do u think about KC's rating, finally sombody recognized that they are WAY WAY overhyped. LJ will struggle this year mark my words.