• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dodgers @ Padres 8-21/8-23

rexy2006

Greeney03 said:
Nice outing tonight by Stauffer and defense is played pretty damn well. Did anyone see the game?
I was at the game. Stauffer gave a quality start, going 6 innings, 2 runs(1 earned),pitching on 3 days rest. The bullpen gave up no runs.

Walker is starting to look very comfortable at third base and made an outstanding play. Not to mention going 2 for 4 with a double and an RBI.

The defense overall looked alot sharper than it has been.

rexy2006

BFISA said:
Good stuff is startinta happen!!

Go Pads!!:) :tup:
Good and bad, unfortunately. The bad is that our pitchers are going down faster than you can say "what now?"

Chan Ho is having internal bleeding again. They dont yet know from where.

CY has a jacked back. Clay is having some problems.

The "good" is that guys are flying in from Portland and stepping it up and giving good quality starts. Thompson and Stauffer were hardly given a moments notice before they were on a plane down here...Not to mention the bullpen holding down the fort.

BFISA

rexy2006 said:
I was at the game. Stauffer gave a quality start, going 6 innings, 2 runs(1 earned),pitching on 3 days rest. The bullpen gave up no runs.

Walker is starting to look very comfortable at third base and made an outstanding play. Not to mention going 2 for 4 with a double and an RBI.

The defense overall looked alot sharper than it has been.
I checked inta the game late on mlb.com and there was Stauffer's pic, and I went WTF...He acquitted himself well.

Hopefully it continues tonite!!:yes:

Go Jake!!:)

Go Pads!!:tup:

BFISA

rexy2006 said:
Good and bad, unfortunately. The bad is that our pitchers are going down faster than you can say "what now?"

Chan Ho is having internal bleeding again. They dont yet know from where.

CY has a jacked back. Clay is having some problems.

The "good" is that guys are flying in from Portland and stepping it up and giving good quality starts. Thompson and Stauffer were hardly given a moments notice before they were on a plane down here...Not to mention the bullpen holding down the fort.
One day atta time, Darlin...Jake's on tonite with Woody (I think) to follow; we'll be ok!!:) :tup:

BFISA

WonderSlug said:
Beat the foogin' Dodgers!
Yup!!:icon_mrgreen:

Jake was Da Man, altho Alexander made a great play at short and Barfield hit a double and came around on Piazza's gift base hit (coulda been scored an error on Furcal)!!

Go Pads!!:) :tup:

rexy2006

Woody Williams (6-4, 3.67) faces right-hander Brad Penny (13-6, 3.70) in Wednesday night's series finale at PETCO Park at 7:05 p.m. PT.

BFISA

Thumper said:
So we gonna sweep them or what?
Outta the ordinary, I don't usually do predictions, but I really like our chances.:) :yes: :tup:

I think the Pads have the foogin dodgers spooked and they can't do anyhting about it!!:lol:

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
BFISA said:
Outta the ordinary, I don't usually do predictions, but I really like our chances.:) :yes: :tup:

I think the Pads have the foogin dodgers spooked and they can't do anyhting about it!!:lol:
we've beaten penny before we can do it again
Go woody

rexy2006

PostAnteaterCharger said:
i'mlistening to the game while briefing a case
GOOOOO PADS!
Mike Cameron just got picked off on what SHOULD have been called a balk. Tony and Matt are all, "that shoulda been a balk..."

Giles just reached on a dropped fly ball by Andre Ethier.

Bout time some freaky-deaky stuff happens to the Duds instead of always happening to us...

AnteaterRaider

Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
how about blum? perfect game!
Lots of love to Woody too; Padres are two innings away from closing the gap!

AnteaterRaider

Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
rexy2006 said:
Hey Duds!

The Padres, that's who!!!:icon_banana:
Their record vs the Dogs this year is astonishing! I'll give the Pads a world of credit for that; they snuffed out the 'hottest team since the all-star break'