DIVISIONAL ROUND

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I’m not ready to crown the Niners NFC Champs yet, the NFL would love to see Aaron Rodgers back in the Super Bowl.
If the rigged--based system I used last year to successfully pick games is correct, the Packers will be back in the Super Bowl. The NFL needed the 9ers to have a good season and bring back up streaming/TV ratings in California, but this is as far as it goes. The NFL will unlikely make the mistake that it made last year in allowing a lower-ratings drawer (Rams last year, 9ers this year) into the Super Bowl. The NFL needs a big nationwide draw back, and the only team like that left is the Pack.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I think the 49ers could score at least 35 on the Chiefs D.

On the flipside, after watching the Saints hang 46 on the 49ers, I'm confident the Chiefs can break 50.

I'm with you on the Pack. I don't see next week being close. And if I'm the Chiefs, I play the D to stop Henry just like everyone played against LT during Brees' first few (rough) seasons: Stack 8 in the box and make the QB beat you.
Agree on niners vs chef d. Can’t buy saint analogy. Niners were on long tough road trip, but even more important D now intact with Ford and Alexander and Mosely instead of Witherspoon. The real D is back, were setting historic pass yardage record before Ford went down. Chefs will also get stuffed and badly. Only Titans might keep score low and have half a chance if Henry can run a little. doubt that though.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Conspiracy crap is getting tiresome and absurd.
Yeah not buying in to the Pack conspiracy. What I DO fully endorse is almost every game ends up at least partially or fully flawed by a blown call and failure to get it right even after review, or worse failing to review as in week 17 SF at SEA. They handed SFThe #1 seed. SEA got jobbed. Last year it was NO. THAT causes the lack of credibility and gives rise to what you are complaining about.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The game is rigged to promote offense and bringing the score closer, despite the teams talent differences.
I don't think it's rigged for one team over the other, but it might be the old “you never called a sixth foul on Wilt Chamberlain” rule. The NFL game is not an athletic event as much as it is a package for commercials.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The game is rigged to promote offense and bringing the score closer, despite the teams talent differences.
I don't think it's rigged for one team over the other, but it might be the old “you never called a sixth foul on Wilt Chamberlain” rule. The NFL game is not an athletic event as much as it is a package for commercials.
No doubt the league loves a captivated audience, good for ratings and revenue, the rules are definitely biased for the offenses. The horrendous and blatantly incompetent as well as inconsistent officiating cause folks, rightly, to question the motivation of the league particularly when they don’t fix it and they trot out stooges like Alfonso Riveron to make a foolish embarrassing attempt to give validity to obvious malfeasance.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The NFL game is not an athletic event as much as it is a package for commercials.
I once won tickets to a Padres game from radio station KGB-FM. They took about 25 of us via a chartered SD Transit bus and the hosting DJ was Jim McInnes. On the bus ride, someone was talking to McInnes about the radio biz, and McInnes stated matter-of-factly, “radio exists to sell commercials”. It was a little jarring to hear but it’s true. It’s sad that pure things like music and sports inevitably gets tainted by the almighty dollar. By hook or crook we will maximize our profits - and fans, you will unwittingly go along with it.

Concudan

Afraid to watch, can't look away...
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Well yall sound like a bunch of old fart sitting around complaining about how you see things so clearly and the young are all blind.

While you look for the coke bottle glasses that are sitting right next to your laxative...

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
One thing I’d like to clear up about the Chuggers as it relates to the OLine and playoffs.

Spazzes fans have always blamed the OLine for his problems.

Have you watched the playoffs? Dlines have been overpowering and running through every OLine like turnstiles.

The difference is Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Jackson.....can elude the rush and extend plays.

Rivers can’t.

Move on from this handicap and the OLine will be fine. You really don’t have to replace every OL player with a first rounder. Replace Spaz.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
One thing I’d like to clear up about the Chuggers as it relates to the OLine and playoffs.

Have you watched the playoffs? Dlines have been overpowering and running through every OLine like turnstiles.

The difference is Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Jackson.....can elude the rush and extend plays.

Rivers can’t.

Move on from this handicap and the OLine will be fine. You really don’t have to replace every OL player with a first rounder. Replace Spaz.
yeah I think this is pretty evident in these playoffs, every QB remaining has some ability to roll and throw accurately or run if needed. PR's era is done.....a dinosaur, he did it well but no longer will be able to go all the way.....he can manage a game well if he stays within limits but that's it from here out. Problem with Rivers career is , in addition to his own limitations, had coaches who were crap and norb would let the guy do 7 step drops and pass vertically way too much, in other words norb stressed the pass attack above all else , it's why LT got so pizzed and left, LoNeal too. I think if Rivers had been kept within a balance offense that could run as well as throw he might have had a shot at a ring, but you are correct IMO that I just always felt he was too high strung during games and under a lot of pressure could not handle it as well as more nimble QB's. Without a very strong running game Rivers would usually end up caving in the clutch. They had that one year under mcnorb when they beat DEN in DEN and went to the playoffs because Whis has the running game going decently with Matthews and that line. Then Matthews came up lame as always and the return trip to DEN was a disaster because the run game fell apart and they couldn't control the clock and keep Manning off the field like the first game.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
BTW as to cocast point above.....if ONE guy can remain as the dinosaur pure pocket passer it's Brady if he stays in NE in that system. He might still have a shot at another ring if they reload in the offseason and put enough talent around him. But after that, it's all QB's with at least an ability to roll and throw or run if needed and with escapability. Offensive linemen are in way short supply nowdays. IF one guy goes down the line usually caves. SEA had a few guys down and Russell was able to bring them back admirably last night to almost win it.....if not for a horrendous dropped pass by # 17. I would LOVE to have seen a rematch of SF/SEA but with SEA at full strength. That would have been an epic matchup and I think SEA wins that. Carroll would have out coached the Niners. Wilson would have outplayed Gimmy G

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee

Rivers can’t.

I don’t like mobile QB’sbecause they’re harder to chase off my lawn.

In all seriousness though, I’ve been hearing this same argument since Randall Cunningham first hit the NFL stage. Fads come and go.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I don’t like mobile QB’sbecause they’re harder to chase off my lawn.

In all seriousness though, I’ve been hearing this same argument since Randall Cunningham first hit the NFL stage. Fads come and go.
I don't think you need a Micael Vick, Randall Cunningham, Lamar Jackson, or even Russell Wilson type.....just someone with escapability andthat can throw rolling out to either side with speed enough to evade and make plays out of situations where there is a sack unless you improvise. PR never could do that well re: rolling and throwing and he ran like a giraffe. I have problems with mobile QB's on my lawn too!!! lolz.....gopher traps work!!!!!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

Rivers can’t.

Aaron Rodgers was Aaron Rodgers in 2018 and in 2019.
In 2018, the Packers gave up 53 sacks. In 2019, they gave up 36.
2018, no playoffs. 2019, playoffs.

You can replace Rivers with a mobile Mayfield or how about Jamis Winston? Mobile and strong.
The Oline has to protect the QB long enough to let plays develop. That's why Oline men
will be drafted high in the first round.

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017

Rivers can’t.

A mobile QB is not the foolproof solution to a bad O-line that you think it is. Often, those types of quarterbacks actually make their O-lines look worse. They hold the ball longer than any O-line can reasonably be expected to hold up, and they try too hard to extend plays. Just look at all the times Lamar, Wilson and Watson got happy feet and ran themselves into pressure. The best way to work around a bad O-line has always been to get the ball out quickly.

You're also glossing over how the Deanos went an entire decade without an NFL-caliber O-line. According to PFF, the Packers have the 6th-best offensive line in the league, the Titans have the 8th-best, the Niners are 14th (but were missing Joe Staley for much of the year due to injuries), and the Chiefs are 16th (but are still elite at pass-blocking). In contrast, the Deanos ranked 29th, pretty much where they usually rank. Gee, I wonder why the Packers, Titans, Niners and Chiefs are still playing now while the Deanos went 5-11.

As always, "Spaz" is not the problem with the Deanos. If you truly believe Johnny Boy can find a better QB, you're delusional.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
A mobile QB is not the foolproof solution to a bad O-line that you think it is. Often, those types of quarterbacks actually make their O-lines look worse. They hold the ball longer than any O-line can reasonably be expected to hold up, and they try too hard to extend plays. Just look at all the times Lamar, Wilson and Watson got happy feet and ran themselves into pressure. The best way to work around a bad O-line has always been to get the ball out quickly.

You're also glossing over how the Deanos went an entire decade without an NFL-caliber O-line. According to PFF, the Packers have the 6th-best offensive line in the league, the Titans have the 8th-best, the Niners are 14th (but were missing Joe Staley for much of the year due to injuries), and the Chiefs are 16th (but are still elite at pass-blocking). In contrast, the Deanos ranked 29th, pretty much where they usually rank. Gee, I wonder why the Packers, Titans, Niners and Chiefs are still playing now while the Deanos went 5-11.

As always, "Spaz" is not the problem with the Deanos. If you truly believe Johnny Boy can find a better QB, you're delusional.
good points.....they rarely put together a full offensive line. Last time was when Marty had McNeil, Dielman, Harwick, Clary , etc and they sent 2 to the Pro Bowl. And it's not JUST that....it's that they don't stress the run game....something is lacking in the blocking schemes and coaching I'd think for them to struggle that badly. Then they sign guys who are injury prone......WHERE"s THE LAMP????? Pouncey lasted how long? But even then I'm not a huge Rivers fan....I mean I love him as a person/motivated/firey QB but his emotion always seemed to get the best of him and in the clutch he flailed more often than not. All O line? Not ALL of it IMO. ALL WR's?? Not ALL of it IMO. If I had to put in all on any person it's Dean Effing Spanos and his son Johnny Boy for being zeros.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
good points.....they rarely put together a full offensive line. Last time was when Marty had McNeil, Dielman, Harwick, Clary , etc and they sent 2 to the Pro Bowl. And it's not JUST that....it's that they don't stress the run game....something is lacking in the blocking schemes and coaching I'd think for them to struggle that badly. Then they sign guys who are injury prone......WHERE"s THE LAMP????? Pouncey lasted how long? But even then I'm not a huge Rivers fan....I mean I love him as a person/motivated/firey QB but his emotion always seemed to get the best of him and in the clutch he flailed more often than not. All O line? Not ALL of it IMO. ALL WR's?? Not ALL of it IMO. If I had to put in all on any person it's Dean Effing Spanos and his son Johnny Boy for being zeros.
so, what you're saying is the fudean's are one big cluster fuck

Concudan

Afraid to watch, can't look away...
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Dan Marino says Mahomes is best QB in NFL

That reminds me of Charge on that shithead Forest O. forum. Charge would always say Mahomes sucks and wouldn't last and only "ball watchers" (a term he coined) thought Mahomes was good.

Marino's a 'ball watcher'
The first year he was the starter i was predicting the kid would go down in flames. I said Andy Reid had lost his deeeeeamn mind! People told me to watch. I did and by game 4 I was eating crow. ChainCrusher, a poster who used to be here continued the blind belittling hate...

Credit where it is due, the kid is a leader, and has mad skills. That and he is a nice down to earth guy. The lil fucker makes it really hard to hate him right and proper! Just taint fair...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The first year he was the starter i was predicting the kid would go down in flames. I said Andy Reid had lost his deeeeeamn mind! People told me to watch. I did and by game 4 I was eating crow. ChainCrusher, a poster who used to be here continued the blind belittling hate...

Credit where it is due, the kid is a leader, and has mad skills. That and he is a nice down to earth guy. The lil fucker makes it really hard to hate him right and proper! Just taint fair...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
He posted on TPB the other day. Now he's moved on to Joe Burrow, whom he wouldn't pick at #1 or even at #6 because of his slow release and questionable arm strength. :cautious:
Chris Simms tore into fans who are so analytical, as they said last year that “Will Grier was the #1 quarterback to draft”....he said these guys are idiots.

Bonus point to anyone who recalls where Grier was drafted without looking it up.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Chris Simms tore into fans who are so analytical, as they said last year that “Will Grier was the #1 quarterback to draft”....he said these guys are idiots.

Bonus point to anyone who recalls where Grier was drafted without looking it up.
I thought Will Grier played Grandpa Walton?