DIVISIONAL ROUND

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
And another questionable call to stop a Packers drive. The league isn't even hiding their agenda.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
It feels that way. Unlike the other game today.
Refs always decide the games. Judging by the KC game score, I am guessing there were some pass interference/defensive holding calls and not so many offensive holding calls. It isn't usually the blown calls that decide the games. It is just what the refs are focusing on. Is holding okay today? If not, what kind of holds are actually going to get penalized? Does somebody have to get wrestled to the ground, or could a hold be called because a lineman used two hands to block? What about pass interference? Does it matter if the ball is catchable? Does it matter if the corner turns around? Can the corner touch the receiver at all, or is the corner allowed to do whatever as long as he doesn't grab the receiver by the scrotum?

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Refs always decide the games. Judging by the KC game score, I am guessing there were some pass interference/defensive holding calls and not so many offensive holding calls. It isn't usually the blown calls that decide the games. It is just what the refs are focusing on. Is holding okay today? If not, what kind of holds are actually going to get penalized? Does somebody have to get wrestled to the ground, or could a hold be called because a lineman used two hands to block? What about pass interference? Does it matter if the ball is catchable? Does it matter if the corner turns around? Can the corner touch the receiver at all, or is the corner allowed to do whatever as long as he doesn't grab the receiver by the scrotum?
watched a lot of that game. The refs never had time to make boneheaded calls. It was pretty impressive

Reactions: Fender57

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
watched a lot of that game. The refs never had time to make boneheaded calls. It was pretty impressive
It isn't the boneheaded calls that usually decide games. Watch the holds that are called or not called. Watch how aggressive the refs decide to let defensive backs get. What rules are enforced, and which ones aren't?

Usually, if the QB is allowed ridiculous amounts of time to throw, you can bet holding is being overlooked.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The refs.
KC VS GB.

BANK
the refs will have to hand the pack a penalty gift on every other down for them to beat the Niners in SF. No chance. They got killed out there when the Niners were playing without Dee Ford and Kwan Alexander. That game will be another total blowout just like the Vikes...way one sided stats...just wait for it. I wish it were otherwise 'cause I love the Pack, but writing is on the wall. Anyone can see that.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Man the Seahawks are probably the worst injured team in the playoffs it's actually amazing they got this far and amazing they would have been the #2 seed and the Niners the #5 seed had the officials not thrown the game in SEA week 17.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I dunno, the game’s not over yet. Don’t count out Wilson.
Yeah they just scored twice in a row, unfortunately the D seems to be caving right now. If the D can hold Wilson looks to be able to get them on drives. 2 possession game. Still possible. Go Hawks (as much as I love the Pack but only SEA , even injured, can beat the Niners IMO)

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Yeah they just scored twice in a row, unfortunately the D seems to be caving right now. If the D can hold Wilson looks to be able to get them on drives. 2 possession game. Still possible. Go Hawks (as much as I love the Pack but only SEA , even injured, can beat the Niners IMO)
GB defense is gassed. If Seattle’s D can slow Rodgers down it can happen.

I really have no dog in this fight, other than to see the big rematch between Seattle and SF. I really like Tennessee though.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Damn that drop by #17 Turner may have just cost the Seahawks the game. Hell of a comeback. D has to hold here.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Frak, there goes the game. 3rd and 8 throw to Adams is a killer. DAMMIT.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Still one shot,,,gotta stop this 3rd down and then have a Russell Wilson miracle finish.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Eff it......there's the ballgame.....3rd and 9 to Graham just barely made the 1st down. Now we get to see GB go get there asses kicked in in SF. Great.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Completely unimpressed by GB. NFC North sucks badly. They won't do any better than the Vikes did.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Another BS officlal review.....that ball was short of the 1st down when he touched down. That drop by Turner killed the Hawks chances. Damn. That team has had really bad luck......injuries, the non call in SEA against SF, now this drop of a perfect throw in a critical situation. Amazing they came that close with the injuries they've dealt with. They had huge motivation just couldn't quite get over the hump in this one. Nice comeback attempt. Carroll is a great coach and will be deserving of the HOF when he gets in.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I'm going with the Pack. And the Chiefs.
Strength of QBs.
Hope you are right but don't see a chance for the Pack against that D line in SF. They already got killed once with 2 key guys out on the SF D.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
If the Chiefs survive Henry they will absolutely maul the 49ers.
I hope you are right but that D line is not the D line they faced today against the Texans at all, not even close. Mahomes will be running for his life. Hopefully Andy Reid has something planned for that kind of rush, he'll have 2 weeks to prepare for it. I like the Titans D against the Niners O better than the Chiefs D against the Niners O. Obviously the opposite for the other side of the ball although I think the Titans with Henry can run on the Niners on 1st down. Best conference championship by far should be in the AFC. NFC championship as I say is gonna be a horrible blowout.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
I hope you are right but that D line is not the D line they faced today against the Texans at all, not even close. Mahomes will be running for his life. Hopefully Andy Reid has something planned for that kind of rush, he'll have 2 weeks to prepare for it. I like the Titans D against the Niners O better than the Chiefs D against the Niners O. Obviously the opposite for the other side of the ball although I think the Titans with Henry can run on the Niners on 1st down. Best conference championship by far should be in the AFC. NFC championship as I say is gonna be a horrible blowout.
I think the 49ers could score at least 35 on the Chiefs D.

On the flipside, after watching the Saints hang 46 on the 49ers, I'm confident the Chiefs can break 50.

I'm with you on the Pack. I don't see next week being close. And if I'm the Chiefs, I play the D to stop Henry just like everyone played against LT during Brees' first few (rough) seasons: Stack 8 in the box and make the QB beat you.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Some BS NFL 100 year celebration, KC vs. Pack? In Miami which by the way has hosted at least 5 of them. Writing on the wall?

take note FUdean, Miami has a stadium almost as old as the one you left - Shit pot load of history you left behind you dumb ass