DIVISIONAL ROUND

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
what are the chances the Vikings play the Texans in the SB

my money is on No Way in Hell

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
I'm still taking the Vikings & Cheese Hawks in upsets this weekend. Although I think Seattle should really be favored based on how the Pack have played as of late. They've been fading faster than the Cheatriots were. Peaked way too early.

Oh, yeah...and the Chargers beat the hell out of them, so what does that tell you?

Texans are choke artists in the playoffs. They were lucky to win last week.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I'm still taking the Vikings & Cheese Hawks in upsets this weekend. Although I think Seattle should really be favored based on how the Pack have played as of late. They've been fading faster than the Cheatriots were. Peaked way too early.

Oh, yeah...and the Chargers beat the hell out of them, so what does that tell you?

Texans are choke artists in the playoffs. They were lucky to win last week.
Hope you are right re: the Vikings. I'd be ecstatic if they beat the Niners in SF.....huge upset. Doubt it happens but hey they already knocked off N.O. which played even up with the Niners. And if that happens and the 'Hawks win in GB then SEA hosts the NFC championship. GO BEAST MODE!!!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
It’s gonna be Seattle and SF in the NFCCG. That is the huge rubber game rematch everyone wants to see.

Reactions: Gill Man

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
The Packers are looking for 700 people to shovel snow out of the Lambeau Field seats on Sunday before they face the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC divisional round, according to the Green Bay Press Gazette.

The city of Green Bay is reported to be expecting 8 to 10 inches of snow through Sunday.

Those interested in shoveling can report to Lambeau Field at 6 a.m. Sunday, where they will need to go through a metal detector, not be permitted bags, backpacks or purses, and must be at least 18 years old. Their payment for the labor: $12 an hour, paid immediately. Shovels are thankfully provided.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The Packers are looking for 700 people to shovel snow out of the Lambeau Field seats on Sunday before they face the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC divisional round, according to the Green Bay Press Gazette.

The city of Green Bay is reported to be expecting 8 to 10 inches of snow through Sunday.

Those interested in shoveling can report to Lambeau Field at 6 a.m. Sunday, where they will need to go through a metal detector, not be permitted bags, backpacks or purses, and must be at least 18 years old. Their payment for the labor: $12 an hour, paid immediately. Shovels are thankfully provided.
and you have to show up naked.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Does anyone have the stats as to which of the teams this weekend are on the current hottest win streaks? That can be a predictor.

For example both SF and GB started out gangbusters then cooled off in the 2nd half. Not sure about the others. I have a feeling the Vikings and the Titans both are on hot streaks and playing with great momentum. That can be huge. The others are probably in between but just a guess. NE as we know started out undefeated thru about 9 games then went into the tank and finished losing to MIA AT NE......was a huge indicator they might fold and lo and behold the on fire Titans beat them at NE. I doubt anyone wants to face the Titans.

I'd guess Chiefs are hot. I'd guess SEA is up and down but the refs threw the game to SF so that doesn't count. But SEA lost at home to AZ down the stretch and to the Lambs in LA down the stretch, not a good sign. They are all banged up badly but I think could still beat GB in GB very easily. SEA beating PHI doesn't really impress as PHI is crap. But supposedly Beast is getting into it now, Carroll says he is pretty much fully up to speed and will play more tomorrow. Also hopefully SEA gets some players back, but not sure on that one.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I predict the L.A. Spanoses will somehow choke away the post season without actually being in it.
some chugger will tear an ACL or get a concussion or some other injury while watching the games LOL. Actually last year 'dope' and Gordon's mom got into it in some seedy joint I think at the SB or Pro Bowl and 'dope' was getting into it with some chick other than his wife and Mrs. Gordon wasn't having it. lolz. I nominte the 'dope' for NFL Man of the Year. lolz.

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
I want a Titans/Vikings SB just so the NFL has to scramble to figure out how to market it.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I want a Titans/Vikings SB just so the NFL has to scramble to figure out how to market it.
That would be AWESOME. Cousins vs. Tannehill. lolz. Zimmer vs. Vrabl. Great storylines there. Land of many lakes vs. grand ol' oprey......a natural rivalry. Long history of hating each other. I got it, Civil War...North vs. South!!!!! That's it. Bring back the confederate flags.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
some chugger will tear an ACL or get a concussion or some other injury while watching the games LOL. Actually last year 'dope' and Gordon's mom got into it in some seedy joint I think at the SB or Pro Bowl and 'dope' was getting into it with some chick other than his wife and Mrs. Gordon wasn't having it. lolz. I nominte the 'dope' for NFL Man of the Year. lolz.
I wonder how Keenan is dealing with his team moving to Vegas.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Got tickets to the movie - Knives Out. Won't be seeing the first NFL game today. Not sure when the 2nd game is. If it is on before the Aztecs game, I might see some of it.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Got tickets to the movie - Knives Out. Won't be seeing the first NFL game today. Not sure when the 2nd game is. If it is on before the Aztecs game, I might see some of it.
Knives Out is very good! Also two thumbs way up for Uncut Gems.

p.s. Missing live broadcasts are what DVR’s are for. I’m home all day but still watching the game delayed to avoid 10 zillion commercials

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Bud Grant - 92 years old and all he wants is a Vikings Super Bowl win before he dies.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Knives Out is very good! Also two thumbs way up for Uncut Gems.

p.s. Missing live broadcasts are what DVR’s are for. I’m home all day but still watching the game delayed to avoid 10 zillion commercials
I won't be replaying any NFL; I could care less who wins. The League is nearly dead to me. The only reasons I still pay attention at all are: I am addicted to this site, and all my friends and my girlfriend are sports-bar enthusiasts. The best bar deals are still on NFL Sunday.

I saw Uncut Gems. I realize Sandler and company did a fine acting job, but all the yelling and bad decisions reminded me too much of stressful times with certain members of my family and killed my high. I much preferred Ford vs. Ferrari, or Ferrari vs. Ford, plus the Queen and Elton John musicals. Those are stoner-worthy films.

Reactions: Harryo the K

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Does anyone have the stats as to which of the teams this weekend are on the current hottest win streaks? That can be a predictor.

For example both SF and GB started out gangbusters then cooled off in the 2nd half. Not sure about the others. I have a feeling the Vikings and the Titans both are on hot streaks and playing with great momentum. That can be huge. The others are probably in between but just a guess. NE as we know started out undefeated thru about 9 games then went into the tank and finished losing to MIA AT NE......was a huge indicator they might fold and lo and behold the on fire Titans beat them at NE. I doubt anyone wants to face the Titans.

I'd guess Chiefs are hot. I'd guess SEA is up and down but the refs threw the game to SF so that doesn't count. But SEA lost at home to AZ down the stretch and to the Lambs in LA down the stretch, not a good sign. They are all banged up badly but I think could still beat GB in GB very easily. SEA beating PHI doesn't really impress as PHI is crap. But supposedly Beast is getting into it now, Carroll says he is pretty much fully up to speed and will play more tomorrow. Also hopefully SEA gets some players back, but not sure on that one.
I believe I heard on ESPN radio that Baltimore is on a 13 game win streak.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
He's alive?
Yes! Tough MF too. A few years ago, when the Vikes had to play at U of Minnesota while the new stadium was under construction, they had a game to honor the old Super Bowl teams. Grant was the honorary captain, and in freezing temperatures he came out in a short sleeved polo to do the coin toss.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Yes! Tough MF too. A few years ago, when the Vikes had to play at U of Minnesota while the new stadium was under construction, they had a game to honor the old Super Bowl teams. Grant was the honorary captain, and in freezing temperatures he came out in a short sleeved polo to do the coin toss.
Cool.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
As expected Vikes playing an uphill game.....only down 14-10 at the half but looks like it could be much worse. Their offense just can't get it going other than one drive they had....Niners putting too much pressure up front....figured that would happen.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
As expected Vikes playing an uphill game.....only down 14-10 at the half but looks like it could be much worse. Their offense just can't get it going other than one drive they had....Niners putting too much pressure up front....figured that would happen.
Yeah, Niners D playing hard today.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah, Niners D playing hard today.
They got guys back like Dee Ford and Qwan Alexander and are doing what they did in the first half of the season. Don't think anyone beats them.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Only chance MN had was to run the ball on first down and they've done zip. Not sure how they even scored 7 on that one drive. This is a statistical blowout and by the 4th qtr the score should reflect that too. Now Niners up 24-10 thanks to the pick by Cousins. Hate that Al Riveron handed them the 1 seed. But they are the healthiest team playing now and that D line is dominant, so they likely win even on the road. Don't see BAL stopping them in the SB either. That will be another boring blowout. If it's Chefs same.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
NFC Norris division is as overrated as the Big Ten

the Midwest sucks at foosball. they need to stick to hockey

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
NFC Norris division is as overrated as the Big Ten

the Midwest sucks at foosball. they need to stick to hockey
yup I am not sure how the hell MN was able to upset NO.....WTF was that? At least NO might have had an ounce of a chance against the Niners, but Niners are at the top of their game on D getting those guys back.....I'm not sure if any team can put up #'s on them. The only reason they were vulnerable there for the 2nd half was due to the 2 guys out that are now back. Dominating D's like that win SB's...expect them to win it all. Even Seahawks who normally can play them tough will be no match because they are banged up as hell. Thanks to Al Riveron the path for the Niners is even easier than it would have been. F the NFL.