Divided By Zero

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Some of you may have noticed I put a banner for the band "Divided By Zero" near the bottom of most pages in this forum. I know some of the members of this band and they are amazing musicians that have long roots in the San Diego music scene. Their music has been featured on Jim Romes' radio show "The Jungle" (don't hold that against them) as well as been featured in several video games.

Here is a review of their music: Link
Divided by Zero: The Black Sea

Reggae metal has arrived and it's quite a good concept indeed. In fact, it is rather fun and quirky. There are several tracks on here that do truly stand out; one being the excellent "Chemical" with its clever merging of the two genres. "Drowning not Waving" is a wonderful melodic metal outing that probably goes down a storm live. On some tracks there are elements of melodic death prog with the varied vocal styles so common in the genre. There is enough here to make both the new metal and old school types like this lot. The jazzy reggae ala the Police popping up every so often adds an excellent extra layer to this talented band's output. The band has played with a variety of groups; most of whom probably had no idea what the hell they were about. It's quite an interesting collection and especially impressive for a debut from a little-known band. Sik World could not have done better with their first ever release.
Their debut CD release is on 6/6/06 and can be preordered at Amazon.com

Please click the banner to check out the band. I really think these guys are gonna be huge soon.

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
Thumper said:
Some of you may have noticed I put a banner for the band "Divided By Zero" near the bottom of most pages in this forum. I know some of the members of this band and they are amazing musicians that have long roots in the San Diego music scene. Their music has been featured on Jim Romes' radio show "The Jungle" (don't hold that against them) as well as been featured in several video games.

Here is a review of their music: Link

Their debut CD release is on 6/6/06 and can be preordered at Amazon.com

Please click the banner to check out the band. I really think these guys are gonna be huge soon.
Is there anywhere I can hear samples of their music?

Thread_Killer

Feb 6, 2006
Thanks for the head's up, Thumper. :tup:

You know what would be cool? If you had a music-sharing area on this board, to upload music files for people to listen to. :)

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
carrie1219 said:
Is there anywhere I can hear samples of their music?
I think once their CD is released, you should be able to hear samples on Amazon.com. I'm gonna talk to their drummer later tonight, so I'll ask him.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Thread_Killer said:
Thanks for the head's up, Thumper. :tup:

You know what would be cool? If you had a music-sharing area on this board, to upload music files for people to listen to. :)
That would be cool. Just afraid there would be copy righted music shared and the RIAA would get me shut down.

If you think of how I can do it legally, I'd be happy to add that feature.

SDRaiderH8er

Apr 27, 2006
Thumper said:
That would be cool. Just afraid there would be copy righted music shared and the RIAA would get me shut down.

If you think of how I can do it legally, I'd be happy to add that feature.
You cant make a super secret room?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Thread_Killer said:
Yeah, we'll tell everybody the password but Concudan. That would really piss him off!

:icon_rofl:
I dont need a password, I already bugged it! Had CCG help me!:icon_twisted:

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
You can vote for Divided By Zero on MTV2's "Bands on the Rise".

Here's the link: http://mtv2ontherise.com?em=01137

You can also hear their song "chemical" on that MTV2 site. Just click on the "On The Rise" logo, then click on "Divided By Zero". Once you click on that, don't forget to click on "Vote For This Artist". They are currently in third place. :nana_dance:

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
91X just had an nterview with the divided by zero singer Zach live from the whistle stop. They're playing songs from the new album right now!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Jason, their dummer is here at my place now. He's telling me 9.49 is going to have Zach on a live promo tonight from the Casbah. Think we're heading over the the Casbah in a little bit!