Dielman Ejected for "Throwing" Punch

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
Chargers' Dielman ejected for throwing a punch

Sun Dec 14, 2:06 pm ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – San Diego guard Kris Dielman was ejected in the second quarter Sunday for throwing a punch at Kansas City's Tamba Hali after Hali caused and recovered a fumble.

Hali, the left defensive end, stripped Philip Rivers of the ball and recovered it, then tried to get up and run.

As the pile was being untangled and Hali was still on the ground, Dielman appeared take a swing at him. The 15-yard penalty gave the Chiefs a first down on the San Diego 17, but a moment later Stephen Cooper intercepted Tyler Thigpen's pass in the end zone. It was only the seventh sack of the year for Kansas City.

Via Youtube:

It looked to me like he was just yanking his arm away from whoever was holding it. Plus, he never hit anyone. :tdown:

Yet another referee making a phantom call.

B

Buck Melanoma

Total BS call. Just more of the refs ****ing us for our reaction to the Hochuli crap.

Spanos ought to be up Goodell's ass over some of this shit. If his name was Kraft we wouldn't be having these issues with the refs.

nickelbolt

Fuggedaboutit
Aug 20, 2006
If not for the win, this would have been another one to put in the book of excuses for keeping Norv. Injuries, bad calls by refs, etc... they all go in there.

It was a BS call, but it's not like things were going well at that point anyway.

SDRaiderH8er

Apr 27, 2006
nickelbolt said:
If not for the win, this would have been another one to put in the book of excuses for keeping Norv. Injuries, bad calls by refs, etc... they all go in there.

It was a BS call, but it's not like things were going well at that point anyway.

I have not jumped off that Fire Norv bandwagon, but I am not going to run around here like "some" people are.

The Chiefs had one of the worst Defenses in the league, and we struggled, once again.

A bad call DID NOT help.

D4L

BoltTalker
Nov 11, 2008
Olathe Kansas
I don't recall them even announcing that over the PA system. I didint' learn about this until this AM. BS call all the way. No contact was made to the helmet and if the ref wanted to punish him for supposedly taking a swing then a 15yd unsportsmanlike penalty would've been more appropriate.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
I've seen players throw REAL punches and make REAL contact that usually means they only get a 15yd penalty. I've never heard of being thrown out of a game for that

Sydalish

Addicted to Sports
Nov 11, 2007
Carlsbad
www.twitter.com
*edit* ok so i was totally wrong haha, light and crowder were both ejected - but check out the video!! now THAT is a punch :p

http://patriots.fandome.com/video/106687/Matt-Light-vs-Channing-Crowder-Fight/?q=b

this call is no excuse for poor performance - BUT - it is just one more in a long line of blatanty jacked up calls by the refs this season. calls that even if we were performing well would have been potentially game changing. I am so sick and tired of this bullshit - it's been going on for years but this season across the NFL it has been inexcusable. Add it to all the fines doled out during the week.... it's bullshit! The refs need to be held just as accountable for their efforts on the field as the players and coaches. PERIOD.

Reactions: rexy2006

BOLTS4LIFE

Banned
Banned
Oct 13, 2006
AnteaterCharger said:
I've seen players throw REAL punches and make REAL contact that usually means they only get a 15yd penalty. I've never heard of being thrown out of a game for that
I have. I can't remember the names but it was during the 94 season when we played in Oakland. A Charger was on his back and a Raider came down on him. He threw a punch and was ejected.

At that time, Hostetler was the Raiders QB. At one point, he ran out of bounds on the Chargers side. Somebody tripped him and he tumbled into their bench. The guy that tripped him was pointing down at him and yelling at him. :lol:
Hostetler runs out to the refs saying "did you see that?"

Anyone remember that game?

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
Who says I'm not over it?

It was a question.

edit: Nevermind. Why am I bothering to respond to the forum troll? Shame on me.

SDRaiderH8er

Apr 27, 2006
AnteaterCharger said:
Igor was tossed out of a game, we were playing the Broncos back in 2006. The Broncos were running a play were the were just taking a knee, Tom Nalen the Center dove at Igors knee.

Igor took a swing at and connected with a nice shot to the head.

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
I remember that

Igor hit him in the helmet.

It probably hurt his fist more than it did Nalen's head.

AnteaterRaider

Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
Sydalish said:
seriously... i miss angry igor and dirty dielman :( :(
You have NO idea how much I miss my boy Igor, don't know where he went this year

Dielman got pwn3d by the refs on a BS call, that's all there is to it

Dublin Bolt

BoltTalker
Aug 12, 2006
Dublin, Oul Sod.
AnteaterCharger said:
You have NO idea how much I miss my boy Igor, don't know where he went this year

Dielman got pwn3d by the refs on a BS call, that's all there is to it
I always find it funny when I hear of a punch being thrown in the NFL. 9 times outta 10 the guy u are punching has a helmet on, DOH!. We had a few nice fights in the big rugby match at the weekend here. We even had one guy sent off for punching!!. More often than not a player just gets 10 mins in the 'bin' for foul play.

Here it is in case u are interested?.

AnteaterRaider

Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
I always find it funny when I hear of a punch being thrown in the NFL. 9 times outta 10 the guy u are punching has a helmet on, DOH!. We had a few nice fights in the big rugby match at the weekend here. We even had one guy sent off for punching!!. More often than not a player just gets 10 mins in the 'bin' for foul play.

Here it is in case u are interested?.

Rugby - N - A hoodlum's sport played by gentlemen
Soccer - N - A gentleman's game played by hoodlums

Sound about right? :lol:

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
Aug 8, 2006
Tijuana, Mexico
BoltsFanUK said:
That wasn't a punch- More of a slap really
It wasn't even that, like the first poster said, he was trying to free his arm from the KC player. In the shot where you see him "thowing the punch" you can't see it, but in another shot (wider angle) you can see the KC player holding Dielman

Dublin Bolt

BoltTalker
Aug 12, 2006
Dublin, Oul Sod.
AnteaterCharger said:
Rugby - N - A hoodlum's sport played by gentlemen
Soccer - N - A gentleman's game played by hoodlums

Sound about right? :lol:
I dunno...

Soccer is a game played by the working class. Generally speaking the players are mentally challenged (dumb as F^ck).
Rugby, everywhere bar New Zealand, by the middle class up. Some v bright people play the game. For example the top man at Heinz played the game to the highest level. V v wealthy guy.

B

Buck Melanoma

MountainDew said:
He gave the Cheif guy a donkey punch.
Come here - I'll show you a donkey punch. :icon_evil:

MasterOfPuppets said:
It wasn't even that, like the first poster said, he was trying to free his arm from the KC player. In the shot where you see him "thowing the punch" you can't see it, but in another shot (wider angle) you can see the KC player holding Dielman
Exactly. Even my Chiefs-loving wife called BS on it.

Next time make it count. :icon_twisted: