• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Deion Branch traded to Seattle

WonderSlug

The Patriots better hope that their second round pick WR Chad Jackson comes up to speed pretty damn quickly.

Right now, their WR setup doesn't scare anyone.

M

matilack

Branch traded to Seahawks for 1st rounder

Wow what a steal for NE!!
Branch has never had 100 catchs or a 1000yd season!

Hawks shouldnt have done that, they could have gotten him for a second rounder, Branch wasnt gonna play for NE no matter what.

If the Chargers had done that, i would have smacke AJ upside the head.

WonderSlug

MtlBoltsFan said:
Seattle needed it. Pats win this trade slightly since the Seattle will probably have a #22-#24 overall pick next year.
Something tells me they'll be using either one of their first rounders or a second rounder on another WR next year's draft.

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
WonderSlug said:
Something tells me they'll be using either one of their first rounders or a second rounder on another WR next year's draft.
Could be. Have they selected a WR in the first round in the past decade?

WonderSlug

MtlBoltsFan said:
Could be. Have they selected a WR in the first round in the past decade?
The last time was 1996, when then HC Bill Parcells grabbed Terry Glenn.

Hmm.. I wonder where Terry Glenn is now, and who his HC is.... :icon_wink:

It seems NE likes going after WR in the second round, under Belichick's helm.

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #BoatUp #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
$eahawk: Branch signs six-year, $39M deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2585050&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Deion Branch eased the pain of nearly $600,000 in fines for his holdout in New England by signing a $39 million, six-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks on Tuesday.

The former Super Bowl MVP missed the entire preseason with the Patriots before he was traded to Seattle on Monday for a 2007 first-round draft pick. He signed the contract with the Seahawks one day later.

Branch will receive $13 million in bonus and guarantees, according to a person in the league close to the negotiations who requested anonymity because the terms had not yet been announced. About $23 million is due to Branch in the first three years of the deal, likely making him a fixture in Seattle's currently crowded passing game.

WonderSlug

That's an insane contract for a WR that has never caught more than 5 TDs in any season.

But, I guess Seattle was desperate enough to give him all that money.

This is why I still hold out hope for a Donnie for 2nd rounder trade.