1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities for the sports fans. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dan Fouts has no interest in being identified as an L.A. Charger

Discussion in 'American Football' started by MasterOfPuppets, Jul 3, 2018.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +768
  2. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +570
    It’s in the Ed White thread.

3. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +959

And we also might be slippin'.

If needed, we grab a post.

4. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +681
    Dan's the man!

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Official Hater

Ratings:
    +916
    I love this guy.

6. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,149
    Dan for mayor of SD!!!!! At the least he should be GM and/or part owner of a pro football team in SD. FUDEAN.

7. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,149
    IF he wasn’t already, MFIC should now be all true San Diegan’s favorite alltime San Diego Charger.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +2,071
    I endorse this thread.

9. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +959

I try to keep an even keel.
    —Dan Fouts

10. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,149
    What's a keel for? We don't need one, right?
    - Dean Spanos

11. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +570
    (AG and John-Boy nod furiously in agreement)

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,893
    "Maybe Stan Kroenke can get a keel for us."

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,149
    lolz.....or maybe Dean said "Maybe it means Stan Kroenke is going to keel us in the #fightforLA":p

14. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +570
    Deano should be keelhauled.

15. RaiderRay

RaiderRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,202
  16. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +959
  17. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +570
    Oh boy, listening to LT do color will be a huge downgrade from Dan Fouts. Typical cal Spenis move. I’m sure Fouts isn’t crying over this and hopefully they will have no say over who CBS assigns during the regular season.

18. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,149
    LT bores the hell out of me on NFLN......that guy will NEVER amount to anything as a broadcaster. He talks too slow, like he's on downers.

19. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +884
    Tomlinson is an ***-kisser just like almost all the jocks on TV. Outside of Charles Barkley and Johnny McEnroe, I can't think of any I like to hear talk. Oh, and that big injured dude who used to play for the Clippers - he's funny. Not my fellow Deadhead Walton, but that dude who was playing just a couple years ago. Oh, and Jerry Coleman, of course. May he rest in all the stars he told me I could hang.

20. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +320
    It's funny, I used to really like Dan when he played for LA but him denying his roots like this just made me lose respect for him.

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +959

I reckon Dan feels the same about anyone who links “LA” and “Bolt” together.

22. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,753
    I have always admired Dan.
    I remember when the Chargers faithful of San Diego were roasting him because he called games down the line, and called out the Chargers for bad play.

Now he is a hero, because he still calls it like he sees it. He hasn't changed, so I wonder who did....

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +959
    Here's Mother Spanni's Natural cycle...

2001 rookie LT holds out during preseason due to Spanos being cheap..
    2010. LT is released, Deano said it was so tough.

LT.....gives traditional Charger eulogy and fantasy hope...
    "The main thing for me now is to try to win a championship," Tomlinson said to SI.com when asked about the future. "That's my No. 1 goal. That's why I still work hard and train like I do, because I still believe there's a chance of winning that championship. So the next team I go to has to have a chance of winning a title. I can think of a few teams off the top of my head, but that's what my agent is for. I'm sure he's going to do some research, talk to some teams and present some options to me."

2016 LT sells soul.

Rinse and repeat above with names Antonio Gates, and soon, Philip Rivers.

24. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +884
    The few who blasted Fouts for telling like it is are likely L.A. Chargers fans.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,753
    I guess having blinders on like that make it easier for you... Ok...

26. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +884
    Huh. Did you ever meet a San Diego Chargers fan? Do you honestly think we liked homer announcers? Larry King once said he never heard a fanbase more critical of its own team.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,753
    Is this a serious post?
    Do you think it makes sense to ask someone on this board if I have ever met a Chargers fan? I get it, you are attempting to make a joke... Ok... but not funny...

The average Charger fans were not critical of their team. Many were lemmings. People like Shamrock and Trumpet Man said that Donnie Edwards was a bad LB and everyone got in line yepping all the way... Remember at the UT how many thought Brees was a bad QB? Remember those who thought Clarry was a bad OL? All because some people thought they knew what they were watching and were 'critical' because the players were not on highlight reels. Remember those who were bent because Fouts did not call everything for the Chargers? That is not being critical of the team, that is following the trend. In fact many a Chargers fan would post and claim people who did not dislike the afore mentioned players were just wearing rose colored glasses... Because the crowd cant be wrong... Until the crowd changes direction for the cliff...

If Larry King said that, he was never at a Philadelphia game. Nor a Bengals game... heck, we had Chargers fans mad that others would wear bags over their heads, like Browns fans... That is real critical there... Sorry, that is a dumb statement. Too much history you ignore from your time at the UT. I guess your new found freedom has changed your perception of history, of where you have been. So be it, but don't take a leak on my shoes and tell me it is raining...

28. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +884
    Larry King is older than Father Time. I am pretty sure he's met a few Eagles fans. So have I. All I remember of those guys was them getting drunk and punching each other. I'm surprised they had time in between their exchanges of *** beatings to criticize their team. I know they are famous for their underground justice system and for throwing a battery at Santa Claus, but did they ever rain down sarcastic chants of "Four More Years!" or boo their favorite team's owner out of the stadium? If Dan Fouts ever criticized the team, he was just part of the club.

By the way, your second paragraph supports my point. I didn't say we knew everything about football or that we didn't follow each other's words of wisdom. I just said that Chargers fans were critical of their team. And all I see in your paragraph is San Diego Chargers fans (who I never sat by) criticizing the Chargers. And those comments were nothing compared to what the old-timers who sat by me in the 90s sounded like.

San Diego pretty much invented the 24-hours sports-talk radio station, and it was completely successful because it gave us a chance to trash our own team to our homer announcer. When Smacksaw was in his heyday, pretty much all his callers called in to bash their own San Diego teams and were generally pissed with him for sticking up for what the Spanos/Ortmayer/Henning team was doing. Of course, us Lemmings were proven correct on that one.

I wasn't on the scene when, according to you, Fouts got **** for telling it like it is. As far as I remember, he was pretty popular among San Diego Chargers fans. There must be some reason he wants to be associated with us and not with the current abomination in L.A.

I was a newspaper reporter at one point in my life, but I never was at the U-T or any paper that size. Maybe I misunderstood the U-T comment.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  29. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,299
    OUCH!!!!

30. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +681
    LT doing color commentary. That's going to be so horrendous that it will be almost worth tuning in.

• Agree Agree x 1