Cutler said what?

Johnny Lightning

Go Bolts
Feb 7, 2006
October 9, 2008 6:47 PM

Well, at least Jay Cutler is confident.

In an interview with Spring News, Cutler dropped a bombshell. He said he has a stronger arm that, gulp, John Elway.

Here's what Cutler had to say:
"I have a stronger arm than John, hands down. I'll bet on it against anybody's in the league. Brett Favre's got a cannon. But on game days, there's nobody in the league who's going to throw it harder than I am at all."

Cutler will probably take heat for this one. Saying you have a stronger anything than Elway is usually not a good idea in Colorado. But you know what? So what?

Cutler is the Broncos quarterback now. He is in charge of leading this team. You want your field general to have confidence. Cutler didn't say Elway was horrible or overrated. Cutler just said he had a stronger arm that Elway.

Let's face it; he is the first Denver quarterback since Elway that has a rocket arm. So he might as well feel good about it.

Courtesy of Sporting News, here are a couple of Cutler nuggets:

- On whether there is a team in the AFC with a better chance to reach the Super Bowl than Denver:

"I don't think so. With Tom (Brady) out, I think there are three, four, five teams that have a legitimate shot of getting there."

- On how surprised he'll be if the Broncos don't win the AFC West:

"At this point, pretty surprised. Very surprised, actually."

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
Jul 11, 2006
Johnny Lightning said:

In an interview with Spring News, Cutler dropped a bombshell. He said he has a stronger arm that, gulp, John Elway.

"I have a stronger arm than John, hands down. I'll bet on it against anybody's in the league. Brett Favre's got a cannon. But on game days, there's nobody in the league who's going to throw it harder than I am at all."

Cutler will probably take heat for this one. Saying you have a stronger anything than Elway is usually not a good idea in Colorado. But you know what? So what?

Cutler is the Broncos quarterback now. He is in charge of leading this team. You want your field general to have confidence. Cutler didn't say Elway was horrible or overrated. Cutler just said he had a stronger arm that Elway.

Let's face it; he is the first Denver quarterback since Elway that has a rocket arm. So he might as well feel good about it.

- On whether there is a team in the AFC with a better chance to reach the Super Bowl than Denver:

"I don't think so. With Tom (Brady) out, I think there are three, four, five teams that have a legitimate shot of getting there."

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

TheBeast

BoltTalker
Dec 17, 2007
What a *****. I hate that douchebag. I can't wait to vs. them again. Freaking turdphuck

Boltjolt

Jun 18, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Denver has played one good defensive game. Do it again! They have been absolutely horrible prior to last week and if they keep it up, they will fold.
Then again, if we dont turn our defense around, we wont catch them even as bad as their defense is.

Sydalish

Addicted to Sports
Nov 11, 2007
Carlsbad
www.twitter.com
Note to self - add this shit to signature. CHECK :yes:

Thank you Cutlet, I haven't laughed that hard in a looooong time. John Elway could still kick your ass you whiney little *****. :lol:

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Sydalish said:
Note to self - add this shit to signature. CHECK :yes:

Thank you Cutlet, I haven't laughed that hard in a looooong time. John Elway could still kick your ass you whiney little *****. :lol:
:lol:

Can you add the part about how they are going to win the west and have a chance at the SB

:lol:

bigmike.x.09

Oct 22, 2006
Johnny Lightning said:

and WE have the cocky quarterback? :icon_rofl: oh how classic.

Holy_Bolt

Nov 18, 2007
Pacific Northwest
I remember Elway in his younger days. He threw so hard that no one could catch his passes. It took him a while to learn how to PASS the ball instead of just throwing as hard as he could. He was the exact opposite of Fouts, who as we all know had a great touch.

So, who cares how hard you throw? He must think that being the hardest thrower will make people respect him. I think Cutler is tired of being in Elway’s shadow. He better get used to it, because the Denver fans have drank Elway’s Coolaid. I hated Elway then, and I still hate him now…Cutler will have to try real hard for me to hate him as much as Elway. If that is what he wants, then he should keep acting like his sh** does not stink, and look down his nose at everyone he contacts. If he does that, he may surpass Elway on my list of most hated Bronco of all time.

Until then, he is still an average QB on an average team.

BlazingBolt

BoltTalker
Aug 10, 2007
This is the first time the guy has ever been on a winning team, so it's gone to his head a little, give him a break.

VikingBolt

BoltTalker
Oct 8, 2006
SoCal
Johnny Lightning said:

What do they say about payback? Works for bragging also, right?

Reactions: Johnny Lightning
B

Buck Melanoma

He needs a big glass of STFU with a large helping of Bolt *****-slap. :yes:

SD Native WY

Sep 14, 2008
Who cares what cutler said..... he's a donkey anyways eeeeeeehhh ooooohhhhhhhhh:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::deadhorse2: