Cubs, Maddon parting ways after 5 big seasons

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
The Angels have fired their Manager, former Padre Brad Asmus and are rumored to be very interested in Joe Maddon. Whatever the Padres are going to do, they can't wait too long or some of the more attractive candidates may get snatched up. Maddon probably won't sign right away, as there will be several teams competing for his services.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The Angels have fired their Manager, former Padre Brad Asmus and are rumored to be very interested in Joe Maddon. Whatever the Padres are going to do, they can't wait too long or some of the more attractive candidates may get snatched up. Maddon probably won't sign right away, as there will be several teams competing for his services.
yeah that was spanos' problem all the time, waiting around for HC's and picking the bottom of the barrel most of the time. Go get the top candidate , pay the $, and let's get going. No more prospects, let's get someone who already is a proven winner in the past.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
yeah that was spanos' problem all the time, waiting around for HC's and picking the bottom of the barrel most of the time. Go get the top candidate , pay the $, and let's get going. No more prospects, let's get someone who already is a proven winner in the past.
I get email each morning from MLB with top stories, and one of the running top stories this week is “managerial rumors” and not once have the Padres been mentioned. Unless they have Bruce Bochy already in the fold they better get cracking.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I get email each morning from MLB with top stories, and one of the running top stories this week is “managerial rumors” and not once have the Padres been mentioned. Unless they have Bruce Bochy already in the fold they better get cracking.
once again the small market of SD gets no coverage nationally. Agree they need to get aggressive and go after a top manager, otherwise we'll be seeing the same results year after year.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
once again the small market of SD gets no coverage nationally. Agree they need to get aggressive and go after a top manager, otherwise we'll be seeing the same results year after year.
I think this is an indication of the Padres organization not making any moves, unless they’ve already got Bochy clandestinely signed.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I think this is an indication of the Padres organization not making any moves, unless they’ve already got Bochy clandestinely signed.
If the fake news and corrupt media report that the Padres hired a manager not named Bochy, I won't believe it. Bochy is our manager and has been since the day he stopped being our backup catcher. We have some World Series titles we are keeping clandestine.