• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cromartie will block at least two FG/Punts this season...

O'reilly

Well-Known Member
#1
You heard it here first!!! Cro was so close to blocking two FG's against the 49'ers and damn near got a punt against Seattle...
With his Ape-like arms, speed and athleticism, Cro will be a kick blocking machine like we have never seen here...bank it!
:icon_banana: :nana_guitar: :nana_dance: :nana_rasta: :rockout: :nana_rock: :icon_beerbang: :rockout: :icon_guitar: :bolt:
 

RipTheJacker

Well-Known Member
#2
O'reilly said:
You heard it here first!!! Cro was so close to blocking two FG's against the 49'ers and damn near got a punt against Seattle...
With his Ape-like arms, speed and athleticism, Cro will be a kick blocking machine like we have never seen here...bank it!
Umm wasnt he called for being off-sides on both of them?? :lol:
 

O'reilly

Well-Known Member
#3
RipTheJacker said:
Umm wasnt he called for being off-sides on both of them?? :lol:
No..just the one...and it was VERY CLOSE as the long snapper was bobbing up and down and Marty was furious with the call...laugh all you want...dude will block kicks this season...
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#4
O'reilly said:
No..just the one...and it was VERY CLOSE as the long snapper was bobbing up and down and Marty was furious with the call...laugh all you want...dude will block kicks this season...
Yeah, that's why Marty was livid on the sidelines, yelling at the official.

The center was doing a head bob, which should be flagged for "simulating a snap", and the refs didn't call it.

Instead, Cromartie got flagged the first time as he was keying in on that. The second time, he timed it so he jumped just as the center snapped it.
 

O'reilly

Well-Known Member
#5
WonderSlug said:
Yeah, that's why Marty was livid on the sidelines, yelling at the official.

The center was doing a head bob, which should be flagged for "simulating a snap", and the refs didn't call it.

Instead, Cromartie got flagged the first time as he was keying in on that. The second time, he timed it so he jumped just as the center snapped it.
Cro is gonna get a couple this season...one will be a game winning attempt that will change the outcome of the game turning a loss into a win...bank it! :icon_mrgreen:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#6
O'reilly said:
Cro is gonna get a couple this season...one will be a game winning attempt that will change the outcome of the game turning a loss into a win...bank it! :icon_mrgreen:
He could have had a block on the second one, but it seems he was so surprised he got there that quickly that he stopped and just stood instead of "diving" for the block.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#8
WonderSlug said:
Yeah, that's why Marty was livid on the sidelines, yelling at the official.

The center was doing a head bob, which should be flagged for "simulating a snap", and the refs didn't call it.

Instead, Cromartie got flagged the first time as he was keying in on that. The second time, he timed it so he jumped just as the center snapped it.
Yup.....Marty was livid
 
#9
Just my opinion is that the Chargers got a steal in the 2006 Draft because to me I am getting more and more impressed with what Cromartie can do and again I think that he will be a Super Star in the mold of Deion Sanders but to me Cromartie is better than Sanders at this point of their careers in perspective and talent.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#11
turbo_turtle said:
Just my opinion is that the Chargers got a steal in the 2006 Draft because to me I am getting more and more impressed with what Cromartie can do and again I think that he will be a Super Star in the mold of Deion Sanders but to me Cromartie is better than Sanders at this point of their careers in perspective and talent.
Sanders was a wussy at tackling and did not deliver the "blow"

I saw Cromartie completely destroy a lineman and that play resulted in the RB getting knocked down. Dude gave up 100 pounds and was an freaking animal on the play....that was the "WOW" play of the game that many fans did not see or comment on....there is a youtube video of the event...
 
#12
Concudan said:
Cromarty is mi boi!

He should be starting.
I agree 100% without a shadow of a doubt that Cromartie should start and not just in Special teams either but as a starting CB and hopefully he can light a fire underneath the rest of our CB's to step up their games and become like #25 a Super Star in the Making.

Amen!
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#13
turbo_turtle said:
Just my opinion is that the Chargers got a steal in the 2006 Draft because to me I am getting more and more impressed with what Cromartie can do and again I think that he will be a Super Star in the mold of Deion Sanders but to me Cromartie is better than Sanders at this point of their careers in perspective and talent.
Cromartie will be better than Deion ever was.

Not only does he have the athletic ability and playmaking ability, he's got something that Deion never did.

Namely, the willingness to actually make a tackle, especially on RBs. He'll knock bigger guys down if he has to.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#14
Trumpet_Man said:
Sanders was a wussy at tackling and did not deliver the "blow"

I saw Cromartie completely destroy a lineman and that play resulted in the RB getting knocked down. Dude gave up 100 pounds and was an freaking animal on the play....that was the "WOW" play of the game that many fans did not see or comment on....there is a youtube video of the event...
Heh, I made my post before seeing this one. :D
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#15
WonderSlug said:
Cromartie will be better than Deion ever was.

Not only does he have the athletic ability and playmaking ability, he's got something that Deion never did.

Namely, the willingness to actually make a tackle, especially on RBs. He'll knock bigger guys down if he has to.
Yesterday within 60 seconds me and someone else had Foley scratching his balls "as he reached into his pants" when the shots were fired... :lol:
 
#16
Trumpet_Man said:
Sanders was a wussy at tackling and did not deliver the "blow"

I saw Cromartie completely destroy a lineman and that play resulted in the RB getting knocked down. Dude gave up 100 pounds and was an freaking animal on the play....that was the "WOW" play of the game that many fans did not see or comment on....there is a youtube video of the event...
I said that at the time of their careers Cromartie is better than Sanders as my opinion.

:icon_bow: I am converted :icon_bow: to the cause of Cromartie as my offense is Rivers I will be a beleiver in Cromartie in the Defense.:icon_bow:

Do you have the youtube of that play of cromarties hit on the Olineman to the RB?
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#18
turbo_turtle said:
I said that at the time of their careers Cromartie is better than Sanders as my opinion.

:icon_bow: I am converted :icon_bow: to the cause of Cromartie as my offense is Rivers I will be a beleiver in Cromartie in the Defense.:icon_bow:

Do you have the youtube of that play of cromarties hit on the Olineman to the RB?

Here it is ... Cromartie taking out the lineman ..... and RB (no sound)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=meu6RYDCnKA
 
#19
Trumpet_Man said:
Here it is ... Cromartie taking out the lineman ..... and RB (no sound)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=meu6RYDCnKA

:icon_eek: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_eek: I am not worthy of the greatness that is Cromartie. :icon_eek: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_eek:

A 2 for the price of one Olineman being taken out then the RB.

I am speechless.

Start Cromartie NOW that is an Order from Turbo Turtle.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#21
turbo_turtle said:
:icon_eek: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_eek: I am not worthy of the greatness that is Cromartie. :icon_eek: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_eek:

A 2 for the price of one Olineman being taken out then the RB.

I am speechless.

Start Cromartie NOW that is an Order from Turbo Turtle.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=meu6RYDCnKA

ALL CHARGERS FANS SHOULD WATCH THIS CLIP !!

DROY '06 Here it is !!
 

O'reilly

Well-Known Member
#23
Trumpet_Man said:
Sanders was a wussy at tackling and did not deliver the "blow"

I saw Cromartie completely destroy a lineman and that play resulted in the RB getting knocked down. Dude gave up 100 pounds and was an freaking animal on the play....that was the "WOW" play of the game that many fans did not see or comment on....there is a youtube video of the event...
Cro also had a great hit on the SF running back in run support on Friday Night...it was a jammer type hit...he just destroyed the back one on one...
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#24
O'reilly said:
Cro also had a great hit on the SF running back in run support on Friday Night...it was a jammer type hit...he just destroyed the back one on one...
Should I go buy an 18 pack....I am undecided whether to get hammered today? :icon_huh:
 

O'reilly

Well-Known Member
#25
Trumpet_Man said:
Should I go buy an 18 pack....I am undecided whether to get hammered today? :icon_huh:
It's be a good primer for next Monday night...think of it as your final exhibition hammering...:lol:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#27
leisure said:
Only if you do not have the same drinking demons as Foley than yes GO :lol:
O'reilly said:
It's be a good primer for next Monday night...think of it as your final exhibition hammering...:lol:
I will BRB .... Circle K is just down the road. I want (not need) a beer. :icon_toast:

It should get interesting since this is Labor Day .... what the hell ... here goes.... :icon_party: :icon_banana:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#29
thejdog said:
Do or risk having your man card revoked....it's a Labor Day tradition at thejdog household...
I did not even realize this was Labor day Weekend until yesterday....:icon_mrgreen:

Nobody posted that it was so ...... :icon_eek:
 

Top