• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cooper signs extension

Electric Chair

Link

The San Diego Chargers have signed inside linebacker Stephen Cooper to a new five-year contract that runs through the 2010 season. Cooper was due to become an Unrestricted Free Agent upon the expiration of his current contract after this season. The San Diego Chargers have signed inside linebacker Stephen Cooper to a new five-year contract that runs through the 2010 season. Cooper was due to become an Unrestricted Free Agent upon the expiration of his current contract after this season. No other terms of the contract were announced.

Follow the link for the rest of the stroy. GREAT NEWS!!!! :bolt:

Electric Chair

WonderSlug said:
Alright! :tup:

AJ's getting it done!

Yeah, Igor's next. So should be Dielman and D'Flo.
I think Flo is outta here. The writing is on the wall as he isn't going to hold off Cro for long, and no way he gets paid like a nickel.

Trumpet_Man said:
Oh yeah....killer move AJ !!!!!!!

Dude is GOD !!!!!!!
AJ is God and what an extension for Cooper The San Diego Chargers Defensive Front seven is going to be a beast for a long time to come.

F'In great move AJ:icon_toast: :icon_party: :nana_dance: :thumbup: :icon_beerbang: :elephant: :rockout:

:icon_bow:AJ Smith is God.:icon_bow:

Electric Chair

thejdog said:
I'm getting that read too.

FLO sure has turned into a fan favorite at the practices....kissing babies and joking around with fans and assistant coaches. I like the guys style but he just takes too many chances on the field. Perhaps McCree makes FLO a better CB..
You must understand that my wife pretends to like football for me. She will never admit it, but I know.

Flo is her favorite Bolt, to the point where she asked me if I could find her a #29 jersey to wear to games. It bums me out that he's a goner, but he is.

Boltjolt

Electric Chair said:
I think Flo is outta here. The writing is on the wall as he isn't going to hold off Cro for long, and no way he gets paid like a nickel.
Maybe,...depends on what he is seeking. Maybe AJ i waiting to see how he does in the early going of the regular season because Cromartie is already under a 5 year deal. You need three good CB's so if he performs well, it should all come down to what Florence might want as far as money.

After Jammer, Flo and Cro....we got nothing at CB.

BFISA

Boltjolt said:
Maybe,...depends on what he is seeking. Maybe AJ i waiting to see how he does in the early going of the regular season because Cromartie is already under a 5 year deal. You need three good CB's so if he performs well, it should all come down to what Florence might want as far as money.

After Jammer, Flo and Cro....we got nothing at CB.
I like this scenario better.

Electric Chair said:
You must understand that my wife pretends to like football for me. She will never admit it, but I know.

Flo is her favorite Bolt, to the point where she asked me if I could find her a #29 jersey to wear to games. It bums me out that he's a goner, but he is.
But the way the game is played now a team needs 3 or 4 good cb's. If florence left they'd have to try and find another one. And thats not so easy to do. And his replacement would probably cost a bunch as well. I wouldn't be suprised if florence is the one they tag if he doesn't sign long term. They'll need him in the years ahead.

Electric Chair

thejdog said:
Props to your girl for at least playing the part.

No B.S. - I was dating this chick a few years ago who wanted me to like her SOO much she'd massage my hands during Chargers games and fix up all kinds of grub. Real animal in the sack too and about a 9.25

Problem was she wouldn't....uh...service me and sadly that trumped all and I had to send her packing...
That is a deal killer. Props to you for recognizing that early on.

I think a hand massage would drive me nuts while watching a game. I'm a "pacer" when I'm into a game at home. I wear a rut into the floors. A hand massage would definitely come between me pacing and yelling at the tv.

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Great job AJ! Wilhelm is next, and Edwards is out! :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

M

matilack

We dont know that Cooper or Wilhelm can completly fill Edwards's shoes yet this year. Lets not put all our eggs in one basket.:unsure: