1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities for the sports fans. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Coons released

Discussion in 'American Football' started by RaiderRay, Dec 18, 2017.

1. RaiderRay

RaiderRay RIP SD Chargers..F the LA Chargers, Go Irish Staff Member Administrator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,233
    Carson kickers are like disposable razors.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,162
    hopefully the lack of time with the holder and snapper will affect them down the stretch. This is all fallout from the completely incomprehensible decision to keep the Korean kicker over Lambo.

3. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +984
    4110A245-3DBB-44B4-9BCA-DD27AC28FBE5.jpeg Heard he signed on with the Vikings.

4. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
  5. FiftyFive

FiftyFive Dean Spanos is a traitor!

Ratings:
    +322
  6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,562
    Set them free.
    If they come back to you...
    try predator urine.

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 3.40.19 PM.png

7. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan View from the King's balcony!

Ratings:
    +346
    LOL. I really am appreciating being free of this Titanic of a franchise. My annual anger and frustration is GONE.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +428
    Coons is awful, thank god hes gone

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,162
    LMAO! Great photo!!!!!! maybe they can take some of Novak's(aka 'the pizzer') urine to keep stray ****/kickers away. This organization seems to attract kickers who are unreliable. Who was the last decent kicker? Anyone saying Kaeding, please. That guy was a monster in the regular season then got all nauseous before kicks in post-season, talk about a choking headcase. I'm thinkin John Carney was the last decent really reliable kicker.

10. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +717
    Should have brought back this guy:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,162
    LOL, now you can see confidence written all over that face. Jeebus that guy was the epitome of choke.

12. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
    Bolts draft a kicker at no.1.

Say, if he wasn't injured he wouldn't have dropped this far.

13. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan View from the King's balcony!

Ratings:
    +346
    Such continued dysfunction.

14. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984

Josh Lambo..FG..94.9 %....PAT....90.0%

Did not make the team. Playoff bound.

Recommendation to Mr. Goodell, Merge the Browns and Bolts. Play four home games in each city.
    Might be a decent team, better crowds. Front offices will need League approval for any transaction over $150 in value.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  15. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +586
    Nick Rose is better than Lambo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +586
    Your recommendation is idiotic.

At full strength, the Chargers are right there with the best the AFC has to offer.

Lambo is crap. Nick Rose is better, which is why the Chargers pounced when WAS decided to cut him to make room for Hopkins (questionable move).

17. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,162
    The problem with this is it's always a hypothetical 'what if' with you. No one is ever at full strength......all teams get injured. Your spanoses were uncommonly free of major injuries until this week....then you can see in one game how little depth they have. That is on your GM and the spanoses. But you'd never admit that of course, being the spinmeister you are. One word for you SCOREBOARD...7-7 , against a weak schedule....it's a last place schedule. They won't be quite as lucky next year.

18. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
    Even Redsins don't agree. Rose is not better than Lambo, either.

Hopkins has the stronger leg and is capable of booting the ball out of the end zone on seemingly every kickoff. With Rose as kicker, at times the Redskins deployed a different strategy where kicks were aimed for the goal line, forcing a return.

Washington's kicker for parts of the last three seasons, Hopkins has a career 84 percent field goal conversion rate and 94.6 percent conversion rate on extra points in 36 games.

19. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +586
    The Redskins did not keep Lambo over Rose. They kept Hopkins.

I characterized the keeping of Hopkins over Rose as a questionable move.

Both Hopkins and Rose kick a high percentage of touchbacks. But Hopkins has been more injury prone and less accurate. The only NFL FG attempt Rose ever missed was a blocked kick. His career FG percentage is 90.9%.

Granted, Rose has a small sample size, but that is what prompted my initial qualifying statement that Rose will be the Chargers kicker of the future if he plays as well as he did with WAS.

Lambo does not have a leg as strong as Rose's. Lambo's TB% is garbage. His kickoffs are low. The Chargers blocked 2 of his kicks in the game at JAC earlier this season. Rose kicked an 80 yard FG off of a tee while practicing at Texas.

Rose's 55 yard kick (right down the middle) likely would have been good from 65. None of Lambo's kicks ever looked anywhere near as good as that kick from Rose.

20. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +586
    Losing Verrett, Lamp, Perryman and M. Williams from the outset is not "uncommonly free of major injuries". That assertion is absurd.

Despite not having Verrett and Lamp, two major losses, the team has been playing great.

I never suggested that the team had perfect depth everywhere. I think Perryman and Okung are key players that are good and play at positions where the team's depth is comparatively less than it is at other positions. Of course, despite being slated to play OG for the Chargers, Lamp played LT at Kentucky, so it is a bit unfair to say that the team lacks depth when it has arguably its two best LTs out of the lineup.

Naturally, the argument that the team lacks depth is pretty weak in the face of 9 important players being knocked out of the game versus KC. Most teams will struggle when 9 players get knocked out of the game.

The team's schedule is currently 4th among the 8 playoff contenders in SOS.

The team is obviously better than it was when it lost its first 4 games. Now Nick Rose has been added, which may negate the need to take a kicker in next year's draft.

Telesco has done an outstanding job of building quality depth on the roster following the 2015 season. The roster now has very few holes. Even a second place schedule will be unfairly to their advantage next year.

21. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +717
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +586
    Nick Rose was better than Lambo at the time of the statement made by me. I am not sure what part of that you are not getting. He had made every kick he had attempted that was not blocked (which was one blocked kick). He showed a stronger leg than Lambo.

As I stated at the time of the signing, he will be the K of the future for the Chargers if he plays as well for us as he did for WAS. Unfortunately, he did not. He showed that his sample size was unreliable. Rose still has a stronger leg than Lambo, but he has shown to be less consistent on his FGs than Lambo was in what the numbers show us was a career year for Lambo. I would look for Lambo to regress for the Jaguars and for Caleb Sturgis to take over and be a reliable, though not spectacular K for the Chargers going forward. My expectation is that Lambo and Sturgis are both middle of the road and usually reliable, but not the greatest of Ks in most years.

I have no reason to believe that Lambo's 2017 season is anything but an outlier (like the one great year that Nick Foles had in an otherwise very mediocre career). If Lambo strings together a couple of more seasons like the one he had last year, then I would have to reconsider my view, but right now it looks like he had one outlier season.

23. TTK

TTK EX-Charger Fan

Ratings:
    +717
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,162
    LMAO!!!!! perfect. ;)

25. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +586
    There has been zero retreat form me at all. When I made my original statement in a different thread, I said Rose would be the K of the future for the Chargers if he plays as well for the Chargers as he did for WAS. I actually repeated that language at post #19 of this thread.

I said back then that Rose was better than Lambo, which, no matter how you try to spin it, was true at the time of my post. My statement was correct. They both had a high FG% and Rose clearly has a stronger leg than Lambo.

I find it strange that you are somehow trying to take a statement made at that time and pretend that it applies to all time as if the level of play of players could not change from one time to another.

Heck, I even acknowledged back then that Rose's sample size was small and stated that that was prompted me to add the qualifiying language of if he plays as well for the Chargers as he did for WAS.

In my view, it turned out that the sample from WAS did not reflect Rose's inconsistency in FG kicking with the Chargers. He could not maintain the level of perfromance that he had displayed with WAS. So, he was better than Lambo at one point with his admittedly small sample size, but he was unable to continue to be better than Lambo as his sample size became larger.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. FiftyFive

FiftyFive Dean Spanos is a traitor!

Ratings:
    +322
    "There has been zero retreat from me at all," followed by several paragraphs of backpedaling.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1