CONGRATS NATIONALS!!!!

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
WELL DONE!!! AND CONGRATS RamAirVa!!! Nice win and comeback taking all the road games from the Astros. Not easy. They never gave up. Hell of a series and road to victory!

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
The road team won every game, I think it's the first time that's ever happened, especially in a 7 game Series!

RamAirVA

El Deano No Es Bueno...
Nov 12, 2007
Depends on the Week
Still speechless...watched the first part of the game in the airport in Charlotte. Rendon's and Kendrick's bombs occurred while I was boarding my flight home.

Got to watch the game on live stream on the plane, sitting next to a guy who stood to win $7,000 if the Astros won (of course). The two rows behind me were all Nats fans too. Final out registered just as we got off the plane.

This is now the second time one of my teams clinched their first title as I was returning home from a business trip...Capitals Stanley Cup in 2018 was the other.

Hopefully the Pads' talent comes together and you guys get to celebrate one soon...hell, I'll celebrate it with y'all!

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
forgot about the Expo connection. Cool. Where did the Senators end up?

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
forgot about the Expo connection. Cool. Where did the Senators end up?
I looked it up. There have been two versions of the Washington Senators like there have been two versions of the Cleveland Browns. The first Senators became the Minnesota Twins. The second Senators became the Texas Rangers.
I guess it is appropriate the Senators went on to represent states and not cities.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The Reds became the Redlegs in the McCarthy era during the Red Scare. Whoever owned the Reds was afraid McCarthy would come after him so he changed the name. When it died down they changed it back.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl