College Ball

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Not seeing how SDSU can get to #10, the system is rigged to not allow it. They’ll be lucky to crack the top 20 even if they run the table.
they are set up nicely to run the table next season. They will finally have a real qb in Haskell.

Also play 2 pac 12 teams and have a brand new stadium that will be packed.

mark my words.

harry book this thread.

Reactions: Harryo the K

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
they are set up nicely to run the table next season. They will finally have a real qb in Haskell.

mark my words.

harry book this thread.
Will do. I was overdue last time.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Not seeing how SDSU can get to #10, the system is rigged to not allow it. They’ll be lucky to crack the top 20 even if they run the table.
Plus a huge deduction for level of head coaching lol

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

mark my words.

harry book this thread.
Won’t be hard to pack a 25K capacity stadium but I bet SDSU will struggle to get fans to pack the place. Sure, they’ll sell out to begin with but as the season wears on crowds will dwindle. I was shocked when I went to the Q and it was cavernously empty.

I looked at their schedule and it looked meh to me. Arizona is the big draw, so what? They’re not gonna pack the place when UNLV or Toledo comes to town. The MWC is the minor leagues, the only formidable opponent is Utah and still I bet they manage to lose to Hawaii or some mediocre MWC team.

There is talk that SDSU wants to jump to the Big 12. That would be a great step in the right direction. Probably get their heads kicked in at first but they can’t remain in the MWC and expect to be seriously taken.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Won’t be hard to pack a 25K capacity stadium but I bet SDSU will struggle to get fans to pack the place. Sure, they’ll sell out to begin with but as the season wears on crowds will dwindle. I was shocked when I went to the Q and it was cavernously empty.

I looked at their schedule and it looked meh to me. Arizona is the big draw, so what? They’re not gonna pack the place when UNLV or Toledo comes to town. The MWC is the minor leagues, the only formidable opponent is Utah and still I bet they manage to lose to Hawaii or some mediocre MWC team.

There is talk that SDSU wants to jump to the Big 12. That would be a great step in the right direction. Probably get their heads kicked in at first but they can’t remain in the MWC and expect to be seriously taken.
well yeah they will start out sinking to the bottom but they've won some games against the likes of UCLA etc and the thing is the crowds would likely show if nothing else to watch a better level of overall competition, mainly from the opponents at first. Ultimately hopefully it would lead to better recruits and a real HC and then rankings in the polls and an actual shot at a championship some day. I'm on board with joining the Big12.

Reactions: Fender57

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
yup. 48 teams set up like the nfl with a playoff system. They will do the same for basketball.

No chance for sdsu. Sdsu will be considered second division. Nit and a bowl game is all sdsu will get.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The other option, which the Pac-12 had also announced it is pursuing, would be bringing in teams to replace those that have departed. San Diego State, which currently competes in the Mountain West, is the name that comes up most often. Not only would it give the Pac-12 a presence in Southern California again but that school traditionally fields strong teams in football and men's basketball, the money sports that are driving the college athletic realignment train.

Others that have come up include Boise State and UNLV and possibly SMU if the Pac-12 were to poach teams from the American Athletic Conference.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The departure of USC and UCLA will render the Pac 12 a POS conference and pretty soon more Pac 12 current schools like Stanford and Cal and Oregon will join them leaving behind the crap teams like AZ, Wash state and Oreg State, Az state....and then the crappy teams like SDSU and UNLV and any other POS program they are considering bring in to fill the huge vaccum left behind. And yes,,,,,college sports is getting very analagous to the NFL.....forget tradition and anything else....it's all about gambling and revenue, nothing more, nothing less. Fans? They are just collateral damage.

I , for one, will never ever attend a game at that new POS stadium in MV. What a frigging joke seeing that instead of the iconic Jack Murphy Stadium. LOL. SD has made an embarrassment of themselves the way they've managed to eff up everything sports always and forever. They give a shit about sports....the council is too woke.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
The departure of USC and UCLA will render the Pac 12 a POS conference and pretty soon more Pac 12 current schools like Stanford and Cal and Oregon will join them leaving behind the crap teams like AZ, Wash state and Oreg State, Az state....and then the crappy teams like SDSU and UNLV and any other POS program they are considering bring in to fill the huge vaccum left behind. And yes,,,,,college sports is getting very analagous to the NFL.....forget tradition and anything else....it's all about gambling and revenue, nothing more, nothing less. Fans? They are just collateral damage.

I , for one, will never ever attend a game at that new POS stadium in MV. What a frigging joke seeing that instead of the iconic Jack Murphy Stadium. LOL. SD has made an embarrassment of themselves the way they've managed to eff up everything sports always and forever. They give a shit about sports....the council is too woke.
nice Rant. Do you really want to support an nfl team right now? I can’t think of 1 team I would pay to support.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
nice Rant. Do you really want to support an nfl team right now? I can’t think of 1 team I would pay to support.
Nice try. :rolleyes: I've already spoken about major league sports above. That doesn't mean I can't think that little POS little league soccer stadium is embarrassing compared with the old Jack Murphy Stadium in MV when one drives by. If you are all on board with SDSU good for you.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Nice try. :rolleyes: I've already spoken about major league sports above. That doesn't mean I can't think that little POS little league soccer stadium is embarrassing compared with the old Jack Murphy Stadium in MV when one drives by. If you are all on board with SDSU good for you.
you can’t have both ways. Either you support the nfl or don’t.

If San Diego had a nfl team, would you support them?

I wouldn’t.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Don’t you realize by now that the networks and the nfl wanted 2 teams in la to increase market share and value. Every network exec says San Diego is an extension of LA.

Networks and the sponsors are
Running the nfl and college sports.

Dean is too stupid to orchestrate a move to la.

The nfl was fully behind the move.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
you can’t have both ways. Either you support the nfl or don’t.

If San Diego had a nfl team, would you support them?

I wouldn’t.
What, you are too single minded that you can't separate out talk of the look of a stadium vs. supporting the sport and league ? I"m talking LOOKS of MV ......I"m sure there would be PLENTY of supporters of the NFL....I just wouldn't be one..you are correct.....at least not to the degree I used to be...not even an iota of that because everything has changed so much for the worse as has been discussed ad nauseum here. I'd have been happier if they just left out a crappy looking stupid bleacher stadium for SDSU and put up apts, hotels, campus bldngs than having to look at that embarrasment for the city. Anyone with historical perspective realizes when passing that stadium that the city was corrupt and gave that land to SDSU...there was insider trading going on. SDSU never helped a bit to make anything happen although dean is such a POS he never intended to stay ever since around 2004 and hiring that POS Fabiani. End of story.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Don’t you realize by now that the networks and the nfl wanted 2 teams in la to increase market share and value. Every network exec says San Diego is an extension of LA.

Networks and the sponsors are
Running the nfl and college sports.

Dean is too stupid to orchestrate a move to la.

The nfl was fully behind the move.
Duh.....of course that is what happened....the NFL and spanos are both guilty of screwing SD out of a team....and it's all about revenue and making LA the so called media hub ....history and fans mean zip....and also the NFL is a woke political platform that is completely a fraud because of how they treat players who are mostly African American......it's a plantation in reality. The NFL paved the way for that moron spanos to leave and even encouraged it behind the scenes....it was a peace offering to the guy who got punked by Kroenke for first rights in LA. Dean gladly accepted the terms,,,being the biggest cheapskate and parasite owner in the league.

And yeah networks, sponsors, gambling,,,all are running the NFL as they are other major league sports. I addressed that way above in saying my interest is dwindling by the day in following any of them. I'd love to just watch the El Paso Chuhuahuas daily on streaming and have a separate forum or thread for them.....that would actually be fun. Has any Padre player excited like Rosario has ? Not that I've seen. That is a guy playing with pride and passion....you don't see that with major leaguers in any sport anymore....they are too babied and spoiled and the players associations have brainwashed them into being robots who go out , play like robots and collect the paycheck and are happy even if they never win a trophy or ring...because they will have made enough bank within a few years to last a lifetime. Eff all that. Rosario might change once he gets to the majors but for now it sure is fun seeing a guy play with his passion and pure joy of the sport.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Duh.....of course that is what happened....the NFL and spanos are both guilty of screwing SD out of a team....and it's all about revenue and making LA the so called media hub ....history and fans mean zip....and also the NFL is a woke political platform that is completely a fraud because of how they treat players who are mostly African American......it's a plantation in reality. The NFL paved the way for that moron spanos to leave and even encouraged it behind the scenes....it was a peace offering to the guy who got punked by Kroenke for first rights in LA. Dean gladly accepted the terms,,,being the biggest cheapskate and parasite owner in the league.

And yeah networks, sponsors, gambling,,,all are running the NFL as they are other major league sports. I addressed that way above in saying my interest is dwindling by the day in following any of them. I'd love to just watch the El Paso Chuhuahuas daily on streaming and have a separate forum or thread for them.....that would actually be fun. Has any Padre player excited like Rosario has ? Not that I've seen. That is a guy playing with pride and passion....you don't see that with major leaguers in any sport anymore....they are too babied and spoiled and the players associations have brainwashed them into being robots who go out , play like robots and collect the paycheck and are happy even if they never win a trophy or ring...because they will have made enough bank within a few years to last a lifetime. Eff all that. Rosario might change once he gets to the majors but for now it sure is fun seeing a guy play with his passion and pure joy of the sport.
I like going to local highschool football games from time to time. Good stuff.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I like going to local highschool football games from time to time. Good stuff.
yeah that is really cool.....do you go see Eric Weddle's team ever? Is he Poway?? He's in your league right? I think you have the right idea....if you really enjoy sports you can still go see some pretty good stuff where there is not really the influence of sponsors, agents, players associations , gambling etc at least to the degree there is in major leagues.....and high school would be even safer than college for that. I think minor league baseball also probably safe enough. Major colleges are succumbing to gambling and also college sports will be paying players soon enough and allowing endorsements etc.

Up here there are some good high school programs right next door......Capo Valley HS has sent many a player to big colleges.....Saddleback College...JUCO is right next door too. I don't go but should....just to get a feel for it......Dana Point HS is next door.....that league is good....Mission Viejo HS also a good one...

Fullerton College has a GREAT baseball program...their field up in Fullerton is pretty awesome.....have seen it.....there is a really nice botanical garden right next door and you can clearly see the stadium from there and hear the games when played ......and when I was up in Orange working on Chapman Ave.....right down the street was Glassell Park and the home of Chapman College baseball....another great field.....would often just go over there for lunch and watch them practice...that is another great baseball program........

Well....yeah maybe we should start concetrating on smaller sports programs like HS and JUCO and small colleges and minor league baseball etc.....I LOVE that Chihuahua video with Rosario that Harry posted in the Baseball forum.....that was truly inspiring to me...would LOVE to see that guy just brought up to replace one of our outfielders NOW......just for the excitement.....I'd watch every game if they did that....just to see him play with passion and joy......am sure at some point he will be spoiled and molded by the majors when he finally becomes a prized commodity for them......but until then we can at least enjoy what a pure player brings to the game.....it's fun.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
yeah that is really cool.....do you go see Eric Weddle's team ever? Is he Poway?? He's in your league right? I think you have the right idea....if you really enjoy sports you can still go see some pretty good stuff where there is not really the influence of sponsors, agents, players associations , gambling etc at least to the degree there is in major leagues.....and high school would be even safer than college for that. I think minor league baseball also probably safe enough. Major colleges are succumbing to gambling and also college sports will be paying players soon enough and allowing endorsements etc.

Up here there are some good high school programs right next door......Capo Valley HS has sent many a player to big colleges.....Saddleback College...JUCO is right next door too. I don't go but should....just to get a feel for it......Dana Point HS is next door.....that league is good....Mission Viejo HS also a good one...

Fullerton College has a GREAT baseball program...their field up in Fullerton is pretty awesome.....have seen it.....there is a really nice botanical garden right next door and you can clearly see the stadium from there and hear the games when played ......and when I was up in Orange working on Chapman Ave.....right down the street was Glassell Park and the home of Chapman College baseball....another great field.....would often just go over there for lunch and watch them practice...that is another great baseball program........

Well....yeah maybe we should start concetrating on smaller sports programs like HS and JUCO and small colleges and minor league baseball etc.....I LOVE that Chihuahua video with Rosario that Harry posted in the Baseball forum.....that was truly inspiring to me...would LOVE to see that guy just brought up to replace one of our outfielders NOW......just for the excitement.....I'd watch every game if they did that....just to see him play with passion and joy......am sure at some point he will be spoiled and molded by the majors when he finally becomes a prized commodity for them......but until then we can at least enjoy what a pure player brings to the game.....it's fun.
My son plays for mesa college. He might start this year.

I haven’t seen Weddles team yet.

The top schools:

Madison
Helix
Cathedral

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

You're getting old, Gilly.

Iconic Jack Murphy Stadium? Then why did they change its name?

Icons usually refer (should refer) to people or symbols of persons (icons of Jesus).

A truly "all Western" conference makes sense.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

Icons usually refer (should refer) to people or symbols of persons (icons of Jesus).

'that stadium' then......forget the damn name of it......and yes it WAS iconic....it was praised by architects. The stupid city let it deteriorate to the point it was beyond renovation.

well the 'western conference' might make some sense and have some interest for some fans....I just won't be one of em. To each his or her own. My guess is the schools worth half a shit like Oregon, Stanford, Cal, Washington....will walk...and join the big boys...they won't settle for peanut schools regularly on their schedule....they won't get any decent consideration for BCS seedings by playing against pipsqueak programs like SDSU.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

How about your iconic Steeler's Heinz Field???? lmao.....ACRISURE Stadium....boy that's iconic for sure!! WTH.....let's just change team names while we are at it. More money....advertise right on the helmet....forget that steeler logo..... Pittsburgh is no longer steel city...it's 'insurance brokerage city" , The Pittsburgh Brokers
image.jpeg

Reactions: Harryo the K

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Gilly, if the NFL team was here, they'd built a new money making Stadium.

Mountain West teams are recording attendance like 37,000 at Boise State and CSU.
SDSU fans and alumni will match that.

*Designed to achieve LEED Gold certification, the 35,000-capacity stadium with flexibility to expand will serve as the home for Aztec Football.

MWC is developing a new scheduling system in 2023.
I think all of this will destroy the NCAA as it now stands. The college players, like their professional brothers, will want their share of the media money pool.

On July 1, after a decades-long fight, student-athletes across the country gained the right to make money from their names, images, and likenesses (NIL) thanks to a flurry of new state laws and an NCAA policy change.Apr 28, 2022

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Gilly, if the NFL team was here, they'd built a new money making Stadium.

Mountain West teams are recording attendance like 37,000 at Boise State and CSU.
SDSU fans and alumni will match that.

*Designed to achieve LEED Gold certification, the 35,000-capacity stadium with flexibility to expand will serve as the home for Aztec Football.

MWC is developing a new scheduling system in 2023.
I think all of this will destroy the NCAA as it now stands. The college players, like their professional brothers, will want their share of the media money pool.

On July 1, after a decades-long fight, student-athletes across the country gained the right to make money from their names, images, and likenesses (NIL) thanks to a flurry of new state laws and an NCAA policy change.Apr 28, 2022
Acrisure Self Storage Mission Valley

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Some of you young bucks can break down this tweet. Valid? Bogus?
Unknown?

well if they are seriously considering SDSU for the SEC you will rarely see a win , they will be bottom dwellers for a very long time until perhaps they are able to begin recruiting more nationwide . Until then, joke. They just want whatever money, revenue source they can acquire. Jeebus. Worse than the NFL,,,,,,well.....take that back....the same.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
well if they are seriously considering SDSU for the SEC you will rarely see a win , they will be bottom dwellers for a very long time until perhaps they are able to begin recruiting more nationwide . Until then, joke. They just want whatever money, revenue source they can acquire. Jeebus. Worse than the NFL,,,,,,well.....take that back....the same.
It’s a joke. Can you imagine SDSU in the SEC? They’d pretty much get steamrolled every conference game, only upside is Hoke would get roasted then fired. Likely scenario is SDSU to the PAC-12.