1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities for the sports fans. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Kaepernick walks into league office, says he’s “doing great”

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Concudan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,779
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...alks-into-league-office-says-hes-doing-great/

osted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2018, 10:31 AM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images

As he continues to press his case that NFL owners have colluded against him, Colin Kaepernick was at the league office this morning.

Kaepernick and his attorneys are at the league office to depose NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell today, TMZ reports.

Doing great,” Kaepernick told TMZ. “I love y’all and we’re gonna keep going.”

One of the men accompanying Kaepernick was carrying an Adidas bag, perhaps a nod to Adidas saying that it would sign Kaepernick if he signs with an NFL team.

Whether Kaepernick does sign with an NFL team still remains to be seen. Given that he’s been a free agent for a full year and it still hasn’t happened, it seems unlikely. Kaepernick’s depositions of Goodell and of team owners and personnel staff members, are designed to figure out why Kaepernick can’t get a job.

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,779
    Does his level of unemployment have to do with the NFL black balling him, or more about his last two seasons of declining performance, and scorched earth through social media?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,162
    I'd guess a combination of the 2. If he'd have mad skills still and was a bona fide starter he'd not have been left sitting there. Teams are not gonna take a backup QB who creates all that drama and distraction. I'm surprised SEA even showed interest recently. They asked the guy if he'd agree to give up the drama, and he declined. He's washed up and a cancer now.

4. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +984
    When Geno Smith has a job and Colin 'Declining skills” K does not, perhaps you could figure it out.

5. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,162
    I think Dean oughta back up his talk and hire CK and lock arms with him every game while he kneels for the anthem. ;)

6. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
    You want folks to stand for the anthem and kneel at Church.

0.4 % of the American population in the active duty military, more hatred than Christian love everywhere,

American freedom is a thing many in the world cannot understand.

7. RamAirVA

RamAirVA New Name, Same Attitude

Ratings:
    +505
    Why yes, yes it does...

8. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +898
    All the pussies who continue to play for the cowards who were too sissy to let Kaepernick keep making his statement lost a lot of my respect. That being said - Kaepernick is rich and healthy. Why does he want to **** it up by going back in and damaging his remaining brain cells?

9. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +327
    He's "doing great". So why is everyone so worried about him?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +898
    Americans have more freedom than a lot of Arabs and Africans. But, until you live in a place like central Mexico, where red lights and traffic lanes are wimpy suggestions that nobody pays attention to, where you can set up a taco stand in the middle of an intersection, where you can run through a crowd with fireworks shooting from your face, and where you don't have to sanitize anything at your restaurant, you don't know real freedom, and you have no idea how terrifying it can be.

Some of the things I love about America are you don't have to stand for the anthem and you don't have to show respect for anybody. America rules. Let's keep it that way.

11. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
    Americans don't have freedoms. You have privileges.
    4:25 onward.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,779
    Geno Smith having a job has nothing to do with Kapernick.

1) Smith is not constantly in the press
    2) Baltimore was ready to sing Kap and his girl friends tweets ended that
    3) Smith may not be on the team after preseason

If you feel sorry for or solidarity with Kap so be it. But Smith having a job has nothing to do with Kap not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,162
    yup. the analogy does not work. it's one's personal political viewpoints that color most discussions re: CK. Simply from a business perspective.......what team would jump to hire a dramaqueen intent on making himself the center of attention at games and in the press/media when he's only a backup QB? Answer.....not many if at all. The market doesn't exist fot the guy from a pure business stanspoint. Backup QB's are a dime a dozen BTW. How many years have the dolts gone w/o any backup QB who could realistically get them thru the playoffs to the SB and win it? Last guy was MAYBE Billy Volek and he was really borderline himself. Not worth the drama and distraction to any owner. Like I said, I'm very surprised SEA kept having a look at him. But all they wanted was some assurance from Kap he was done with the drama. Kap would rather be a political symbol than a backup QB, end of story. The ONLY reason he'd wanna CONTINUE his football career as a backup QB would be to give HIMSELF a soapbox and platform to voice his political beliefs.

14. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
    Yes, it does. Kap skill set is vastly superior to lamo Geno. Smith is a joke of a player. An organization that signs Jones and Smith for backups is a terrible organization. One year of Kap is superior to have two years of those two.
    You better hope Geno is cut after preseason. But I think Deano has $1.1 million reasons to go with it.

15. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +898
    1. I don't consider Kaepernick a drama queen.

2. The last time I paid attention to the NFL, the Chargers were the only team that didn't need a decent backup quarterback. Philip Rivers was the only top notch NFL QB who didn't miss games.

16. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,162
    I think you overestimate the value of Kap as a QB. He fell drastically off his initial promise. He's not consistently accurate and can't be a reliable pocket QB....he sort of proved that. The guy is one dimensional, not to mention he choked bigtime when all the chips were on the line. I'd not call that vastly superior . Maybe better than some backups but not enough to justify all the drama and baggage he insists on taking with him wherever he goes.

17. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,162
    That's fine......you don't consider it drama , and I understand that many don't consider what he's doing drama. But owners would disagree and they are the ones paying the bills and putting their money on the line. And yeah, PR has been sturdy all along....but that can change in any given instant. I think every team should have at least a backup who is capable of pulling the load and not dropping the team out of contention should the franchise QB go down unexpectedly. The only teams that can afford to NOT have a backup are the ones that have zero chance from the start. Come to think of it,,,,,that's the dolts for the last 12 years.:laugh:

18. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
    I do not. You might not be realistic.
    Kapernick. 2-1 TD to interception, 72 TD to 21 interceptions, over 12,271 yards, 88.9 QB rating.

Starting QB making $10 million a year
    Case Keenum
    Rating lifetime. 86.7. 8,771 yards,
    46 TD to 27 interception. ( not 2 to 1)

Case choked against the Eagles. Kap is a a very good quarterback who being black balled by the NFL for his political views. This 'skill set' arguement is totally bogus. Geno Smith doesn't have a skill set.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gill Man

Ratings:
    +1,162
    That includes Kap at his prime years in SF under Harbaugh's system. He tailed off considerably after that.

20. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +327
    Who really gives a sh!t how good or bad of a QB he is. Nobody is forced to pay him a salary in this world. Be a good martyr and fall on your goddamn sword without all the crying Kap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +898
    Nobody is forced to be big fat pussies and drama queens about a guy kneeling, but the owners have chosen to go that route. It is just one more reason not to feel good if you still watch the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +586
    Kaepernick has to be one of the stupidest sports figures of all time. First, he decides to protest, but not in a way that might be positively received and help his cause. Had he done so, he might have been received as anywhere from a great guy to a hero in many circles like J.J. Watt was with hurricane victims.

But no, this bozo has to bring the American flag into play and offend millions. Then, in what could only be characterized as a complete and total lack of insight into his situation both from the standpoint of offending others and from the standpoint of an objective analysis of his ability, the moron declines a player option at $16.9M.

Still operating in a completely oblivious state, he was fortunate even to get considered for a job by the Ravens. Then, his girlfriend sends out a racist tweet involving Ray Lewis and Steve Bisciotti just as the team was about to fly him in to discuss the possibility of him resuming his NFL career even though many fans were very much against the possible signing of Kaepernick even in the very liberal Baltimore area. I have seen no evidence that Kaepernick ever offered a public apology or even attempt to distance himself from the tweet, so he owns that tweet as if he had sent it.

And that action directed at an NFL owner, by itself, would be sufficient grounds for any and all owners to conclude that Kaepernick is unemployable regardless of his ability because it just might be deemed improper to crap in the boss's or potential boss's face in a disgusting and very public fashion.

Then, as if that were not enough, Kaepernick goes out and files a grievance against the NFL alleging collusion, clearly still not getting that it is not collusion for all 32 owners independently to reach the same very obvious conclusion about the fact that Kaepernick is not good for business and more of a hassle than his limited talent makes him worth. Yes, he might be slightly better than Geno Smith. The only problem is that with all of his baggage, he would have to be a top 5 QB to be worth all of the crap that a team would have to endure. Unfortunately for Kaepernick, he may not be a top 20-25 QB.

But despite it all, Kaepernick was given yet one more possible chance by the Seahawks, who simply asked if he intended to continue his anthem protests. Kaepernick refused to state that he would not, again utterly clueless about the fact that his protests were disapproved of by not just a few people, but rather, the majority of all people, the very people football teams would like to see buy tickets and team gear.

So, at the end of the day, Kaepernick has had his chances and has blown them all. Nobody wants to see his political garbage on the field. The owners are 100% justified in unanimously and independently concluding that Kaepernick is bad for business and far more of a negative than any skill he might have is a positive. There has been no blackballing, just the stupid actions of a completely clueless player that have landed him without a job. Kaepernick has gone out of his way to earn his unemployment. Good riddance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
    Years of no Harbaugh
    2015. 59% comp. 1612 yards 78.5 rating
    2016. 59.2. 2241 yards. 90.5 rating.

Geno Smith one year played one game....other years
    Best year passing 59.7 %
    5 years a little over 6,000 yards
    Kap didn't play much first year, last five, over 12,000 yards.

24. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +586
    Smith has no personal garbage that is bad for business and a team distraction. Kaepernick does. Owners have decided what is best for their business and team interests. It is as simple as that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. FiftyFive

FiftyFive Dean Spanos is a traitor!

Ratings:
    +322
    Smith is personally garbage on the football field... which makes him perfect for the Deanos!

26. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +984
    Could be part of Deano master plan to get that coverted 2-14 record gor 2019 draft.

Naw......just a quality backup to Rivers.
    :geek:

27. LABoltFan

Ratings:
    +327
    Nope, but they have a right to choose to be big fat pussies and drama queens just like he had the right to protest. I dont feel good or bad about the situation. He chose to protest and then he chose to opt out of his contract. He made at least one bad decision of those two.

28. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan View from the King's balcony!

Ratings:
    +346
    Trust me NO ONE sportin' a 1960's fro is "doing great".

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +898
    Okay. We agree on the facts. We just don't agree as to whether you should feel badly about watching the NFL. I know I did when I watched. I feel better about myself now.

30. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +898
    Afros are the coolest haircut I have seen. If the Arizona climate weren't a furnace, I would grow my weak-*** wavy Jew-fro back. A bad fro is better than no fro at all.