Clark Judge says "Fear the Chargers"

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
From his blog http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/8690/112006

Yeah, I'm impressed with Indianapolis, especially after Peyton Manning's performance against the blitz last weekend. But there's a team out there the Colts should try to avoid at all costs.

Yep, San Diego.

The Chargers have one of the most complete ballclubs I've seen this year. They can run. They can throw. They can rush the passer. If there's a flaw -- and everyone has one -- it's a so-so secondary, but San Diego can overcome it with a furious pass rush. And watch what happens when Shaun Phillips and Shawne Merriman return.

This is the club that can beat Indianapolis, no matter where they hold the game. Two years ago, San Diego went to the RCA Dome and lost only because of its special teams. Last year it returned and ended the Colts' hopes for an unbeaten year.

Now, what do you think happens when LaDainian Tomlinson gets a load of that Indy run defense? He may run right into next week. He's the game's best back, and the Colts are the league's worst run defense. If I'm San Diego, I love that matchup.

I only hope the Chargers have another crack at the Colts because there's a great story waiting to happen there -- and I think you know what I'm talking about. Critics charge Marty Schottenheimer can't win big playoff games. But they say the same thing about Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning.

All I know is that someone wins one if they meet. Let's hope it happens.