1. Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs’ path grows more difficult in three-game stretch starting with Ravens

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Concudan, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,129
    https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article222552465.html

BY BLAIR KERKHOFF

bkerkhoff@kcstar.com

December 03, 2018 12:17 PM

Updated December 03, 2018 12:17 PM

Suddenly, the Chiefs are looking at a rugged final month of the regular season.

The Chiefs’ 40-33 victory at Oakland on Sunday keeps them atop the AFC with a 10-2 record. But three of the Chiefs’ final four opponents would be playoff-bound if the season ended today, starting with Sunday’s opponent. The Baltimore Ravens visit Arrowhead Stadium this weekend.

The Ravens (7-5), who won at Atlanta on Sunday, have a one-game lead for the sixth spot in the AFC Wild Card race. They’ve won their last three games with rookie Lamar Jackson at quarterback.

On Dec. 13, a Thursday, the Chiefs play host to the Los Angeles Chargers (9-3), who won at Pittsburgh on Sunday night and are in the top Wild Card position.

The Chiefs’ next game is at Seattle (7-5), a winner of three straight and the top Wild Card team in the NFC playoff picture. The Chiefs close the season against the Raiders (2-10) at Arrowhead.

With a win Sunday, the Chiefs would clinch at least a Wild Card playoff berth; the Chargers are only one game back in the AFC West.

2. captaind

captaind Resist the Dark Side — Join the Alliance

Ratings:
    +348
    Chargers’ schedule is more difficult. Chiefs clearly have the upper hand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,498
    FUDEAN

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    They look about the same to me.

5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
    If the Chargers win the division and play a home playoff game in front of 25,000 opposing fans, the League isn't rigged.

6. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    I kinda want to see that!

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +6,129
    I asked SDRay the other day if things worked out and the AFC Championship game was at the StubHub, would it be a black eye for the league...

What do you guys think?

8. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +514
    I don’t think it would. I just think it would be an embarrassment for the Spanos’. Eother way the Chargers are going to have to win playoff games in front of a hostile crowd so their road to the Super Bowl is probably tougher than anyone’s.

9. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Some people will laugh but the sheeple won’t care a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,463
    I'm thinkin the league would get really desperate and try to arrange the game at the Rose Bowl or Colisseum (provided Rams not playing there),or other more appropriate venue. Also thinking they'd be muttering under their breath "if only that dumbass spanos had just stayed in SD like we wanted".

• Like Like x 1
  11. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +514
    I don’t think they’d try to move the game but it would be in the best interest of the Chargers if they did. The biggest Chargers fan crowd the team has had all year was at the Coliseum.

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,498
    Since it is a forgone conclusion, what's it going to look like when the Rams and the fudean's both have playoff games in lala. And what if they ended up being on the same day

I only hope it results in the biggest FUDEAN......... EVER............

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
    I said it in the beginning of the year. The best justice this San Diego Chargers fan could hope for this season would be a Los Angeles Spanos, Inc., vs. Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl. It would be the first Super Bowl to finish behind reruns of the Montel Williams show in TV viewership. The NFL won't let that happen, but, if it does happen, that'd be proof the NFL is a legit sport.

14. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
    Would it really be better to have a Rose Bowl full of Steelers fans at a Chargers home playoff game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
    It is hard for people to laugh at things they don't watch.

I saw some dude at the gym the other day wearing a hat with a lightning bolt on it - the first Chargers gear I'd seen in Phoenix in a couple years. When I asked him how his team was doing, he asked me what team I was talking about. I pointed to his hat and said, "The Chargers."
    His response was that he didn't watch football but loves San Diego.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Maybe they can ask for a one day rental of the SDCCU stadium. Of course, first they would have to chase out all of those homeless folks who were evacuated from a shelter that got flooded. Oh, and no concession stands for that game either...

17. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,223
    The price for the playoffs is more than the regular season(by a lot). The League and Stubhub will jack up prices with only 26,000 seats. Guaranteeing a 90% Patriot or Steelers fan crowd. Brokers win big.

https://www.fanxchange.com/blog/much-cost-buy-tickets-weekends-nfl-playoff-games-2018-01-12

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. handoverfist

handoverfist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Parking $200...2 Playoff Game Tickets $1500....Getting to witness a SD Sign Guy flyover in a playoff game.....PRICELESS!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1048998775614627840

• Like Like x 4
  19. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +2,152
    That would be funny...

20. Fouts

Fouts Go Rams!

Ratings:
    +759
    Probably, especially since it would be full of opposing fans. Can you imagine Steelers, chiefs, just about any other teams fans would take over. Maybe the Titans 50/50.

Not the Murph, I don't care if it was the Raiders, it would be mostly Chargers fans for a Championship game. We all know how fanatical this town gets. The last playoff game I went to was against the Jets, when Kaeding had golf ball eyeball eyes, and it was nearly all Chargers fans.

But then again the NFL appears to not to give a f*ck so long as they keep making more money each year.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,129
    The NFL will go the way of baseball due to its slow nature and eventually the way of boxing due to its barbaric nature. Expect basketball to be the #1 American sport in the near future.

22. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Betrayed Bolt Supporter

Ratings:
    +524
    Ever since the Bolts moved, my desire was for them to win the AFC West and force the NFL to host a playoff game in their tiny (by NFL standards) soccer stadium filled with mostly fans of the opposing team as punishment for allowing the Chargers to move there in the 1st place.

This season's AFC West Champion will most likely also possess the conference's #1 seed as well so if the Bolts can beat the Chiefs on Thursday (and get some help from 1 of KC's final 2 opponents) we may see that come to pass.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 12:52 AM