Charlie Whitehurst's shoulder surgery

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Here's an article detailing Whitehurst's shoulder surgery he underwent in December, as a precautionary measure. It was relatively minor, compared to the operation that Drew had done.

He recovered from it just fine, as he played in several big games after it was done.

It's posted here for future reference.

http://www.allsports.com/network/content?site=1295&story=56955

Clemson QB Whitehurst undergoes shoulder surgery

By Ticker Story
December 3, 2005

CLEMSON, South Carolina (Ticker) - After a change of heart, Clemson quarterback Charlie Whitehurst decided to go under the knife.

The school announced Friday that Whitehurst had arthroscopic right shoulder surgery on Thursday morning.

The surgery was performed by Clemson team orthopedic surgeon Dr. Larry Bowman.

Whitehurst will rehab the shoulder for two weeks, then should be ready when Clemson begins bowl practice December 17. The Tigers will learn of their bowl destination and opponent Sunday.

On November 21, Whitehurst visited noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews and was told that the best course of action was rest and rehabilitation, not surgery. Dr. Andrews's diagnosis confirmed the findings of Clemson doctors throughout this season. Whitehurst had an MRI on in Birmingham, Alabama and like the results earlier at Clemson, it did not show any structural damage.

However, Whitehurst decided to take care of the shoulder in time to finish out his career with the Tigers.

"The surgery was minor and I should be ready for the beginning of bowl practice," Whitehurst said. "We talked as a family about the situation over the holiday and we decided this was the best time to have the surgery. I look forward to playing my final game for Clemson, then will play in the Senior Bowl."

The injury caused Whitehurst to miss the November 5 game aginst Duke but he returned to defeat Florida State on November 12 and South Carolina a week later, making him the only starting quarterback in college football history to defeat Bobby Bowden and Steve Spurrier coached teams on consecutive Saturdays.

The win over South Carolina was Whitehurst's fourth in four starts against the Gamec.o.c.ks, making him the first quarterback in the 103-game history of the rivalry to post a perfect 4-0 record.

Whitehurst holds 40 Clemson records, including most yards passing, most completions and most touchdown passes and he ranks fifth in Atlantic Coast Conference history with 9,460 passing yards.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
WonderSlug said:
Here's an article detailing Whitehurst's shoulder surgery he underwent in December, as a precautionary measure. It was relatively minor, compared to the operation that Drew had done.

He recovered from it just fine, as he played in several big games after it was done.

It's posted here for future reference.

http://www.allsports.com/network/content?site=1295&story=56955
Thanks dude....I did not know this lil tidbit. :tup:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
Charlie Whitehurst will lead us to victory while Rivers rides the bench after Merriman accidentally pops him in practice :icon_rofl:

Reactions: Buttmunch

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
MtlBoltsFan said:
Charlie Whitehurst will lead us to victory while Rivers rides the bench after Merriman accidentally pops him in practice :icon_rofl:
I sure hope that's not the case. I think Witehurst has some skills, but this is Rivers team now! SB for SD this year!!!!!

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
MtlBoltsFan said:
Seau knocked the cheese out of Baby Boy Ryan Leaf and I thought it was hilarious.

Welcome to the NFL fool :icon_rofl:

Reactions: SDRaiderH8er