• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers - Week 1 Power Rankings

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #BoatUp #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#1
FoxSports
8. As good as LaDainian Tomlinson looked on Monday night, Shawne Merriman looked even better. Too bad nobody was awake to see either of them.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings


ESPN

9. If must be nice having LaDainian Tomlinson in your backfield when you're making your first NFL start, huh?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=2

SI.com
9. Why not higher after the methodical way they destroyed Oakland? Because when you run the ball 48 times and throw 11 passes, you're telling the world that your quarterback is not yet fully ready to challenge the world of the big arena.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/09/13/week1.rankings/index.html

RealFootball365.com

8. Monday Night Football turned into less a contest than a coronation, as the Chargers obliterated the Raiders in Oakland. This may be going out on an extreme limb, but San Diego probably has two future Hall of Famers on its roster - LaDainian Tomlinson (obviously) and Shawne Merriman, who, in his sophomore season, might already be the best pass-rushing LB in football. The game's all-time greats would gladly stand up and applaud these two special performers.
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/09/nfl-power-rankings130906.html
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#2
ChargerRay said:

RealFootball365.com

8. Monday Night Football turned into less a contest than a coronation, as the Chargers obliterated the Raiders in Oakland. This may be going out on an extreme limb, but San Diego probably has two future Hall of Famers on its roster - LaDainian Tomlinson (obviously) and Shawne Merriman, who, in his sophomore season, might already be the best pass-rushing LB in football. The game's all-time greats would gladly stand up and applaud these two special performers.
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/09/nfl-power-rankings130906.html
Actually, we have three future HOFs. Antonio Gates will be even more dominant this year.

Hell, we might have 4 HOFs if Rivers reaches his potential.
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
#4
boltssbbound said:
Actually, we have three future HOFs. Antonio Gates will be even more dominant this year.

Hell, we might have 4 HOFs if Rivers reaches his potential.
Agreed.
 
M

matilack

Guest
#6
Ride The Lightning said:
DUde, we just played the worst team in football. We won't really kow what kind of team we have until we play a much better team like Baltimore.

Dude if we play that kinda game against Baltimore the final score will be 0-0:unsure:
 

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #BoatUp #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
#8
matilack said:
Dude if we play that kinda game against Baltimore the final score will be 0-0:unsure:
Nah, we have more talent on the offensive side than the Raven have. We'll score at least 6-10 points on that defense.
 
#9
Five....I'd be shocked if LoNeal didn't make it as a fullback. If they let FBs in, he's in.

We'll worry about Cromartie making it a HOF 6-pack later. :)
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#10
Ride The Lightning said:
DUde, we just played the worst team in football. We won't really kow what kind of team we have until we play a much better team like Baltimore.
God, everyone just needs to back slowly away from Baltimore's crotch. One game, and they have returned to their 2000 form on defense.

Everyone wants to talk about the great offensive performance by the Ravens. Their offense essentially scored 13 points, since the D scored one TD and set the offense up inside the 10 for another. That hardly makes them the '94 49ers.

Baltimore will struggle to make the playoffs in their division. But, once again, that won't dissuade people from anointing them a SB contender before next year.
 

Top