Chargers waive Rashaun Woods; grab Gerran Walker

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
From JoelBolt of Chargers.COM:

The San Diego Chargers have waived wide receiver Rashaun Woods and claimed wide receiver Gerran Walker off waivers from the Indianapolis Colts.

Walker is a 5-9, 188-pound receiver out of Lehigh University. He had originally joined the Colts as an undrafted free agent following April’s NFL Draft. Woods was acquired by the Chargers in an April trade with the San Francisco 49ers for cornerback Sammy Davis.

As a senior in 2005, Walker earned first-team All-Patriot League honors after leading Lehigh with 38 catches for 608 yards and four touchdowns. He was also the team’s leading kickoff return man with 29 returns for 702 yards (24.2-yard average). As a junior in 2004, Walker was a second-team all-league choice.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
WonderSlug said:

The San Diego Chargers have waived wide receiver Rashaun Woods and claimed wide receiver Gerran Walker off waivers from the Indianapolis Colts.

Walker is a 5-9, 188-pound receiver out of Lehigh University. He had originally joined the Colts as an undrafted free agent following April’s NFL Draft. Woods was acquired by the Chargers in an April trade with the San Francisco 49ers for cornerback Sammy Davis.

As a senior in 2005, Walker earned first-team All-Patriot League honors after leading Lehigh with 38 catches for 608 yards and four touchdowns. He was also the team’s leading kickoff return man with 29 returns for 702 yards (24.2-yard average). As a junior in 2004, Walker was a second-team all-league choice.
Wow.....Woods ate crap pretty quick ....

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
WonderSlug said:
I think it's those injuries the past few weeks that did him in. He barely did anything over the weekend TC sessions.
Maybe the Bolts figured him for a wuss....

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
WonderSlug said:

I'm slightly surprised they let him go this soon. I wasn't convinced he'd make the team though, especially after he didn't do much in camp. Still I thought they'd keep him around a bit longer. I guess they knew he wasn't gonna work out and decided not to waste any more time on Woods.

CrmWestwood

BoltTalker
Mar 21, 2006
Boltdiehard said:
I would rather have kept Sammy Davis for depth.

Woods sucks.
At this point I agree, but I really liked the trade at the time...man Woods must really suck bad for them to let him go this quick. I can't believe how fragile he is arghhhhhhhhh. Davis would of been nice to keep I guess, DAMNIT, I can't believe I just said that!

Reactions: SDRaiderH8er

MadMike

Mar 17, 2006
Well either we carry another O-Lineman or Camarillo, Ortiz, or Coffey got a shot at making the roster. Or do we use that spot to keep Polk around for special teams and his mouth?

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
leisure said:
Not really......actually it was just a matter of some simple research
Then why did you not believe me about Big Mike Williams when I did my simple research on his character ? :icon_huh:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Trumpet_Man said:
Then why did you not believe me about Big Mike Williams when I did my simple research on his character ? :icon_huh:
Remember the LeisureWorld Commandments I posted up? :icon_wink:

Any player from USC will be a success in the NFL no matter if logic and reality dictates his character issues will mean he may become a bust.

Even if he's done nothing after 3 years, he'll still be a HOF'er because he's just biding his time until he can have a breakout year.

:lol:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
WonderSlug said:
Remember the LeisureWorld Commandments I posted up? :icon_wink:

Any player from USC will be a success in the NFL no matter if logic and reality dictates his character issues will mean he may become a bust.

Even if he's done nothing after 3 years, he'll still be a HOF'er because he's just biding his time until he can have a breakout year.

:lol:
leisure's draft picks are the kiss of death alright. :icon_mrgreen:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Electric Chair said:
Leisure, if you throw enough shit against the wall eventually some of it is going to stick. :lol:
word

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
leisure said:
Just can't help yourself can you? So tell me where is your post on the situation? Oh that's right all you know how to say is YEP, WORD or "mornin Darlin" :lol:

you are a POS :icon_mrgreen:
I guess you are feeling brave after that dick slapping at the UT - huh ?

Is it the wine talking ? :yes:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
leisure said:
Nope, stone sober I just wish the jackarse would leave me alone....I mean he got me banned for a month what more does he want...The lil chicken shit follows me from forum to forum getting all his girlie sissy digs in and I am tired of it. :icon_mrgreen:
I think you followed him here though..... :icon_wink:

Actually, you followed me here, since I joined before he did. :D

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
WonderSlug said:
I think you followed him here though..... :icon_wink:

Actually, you followed me here, since I joined before he did. :D
word

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
First of all I would like to congratulate leisure, RipTheJacker and MTL for all predicting this would happen. The rest of you go back to the Mel Kiper school of football business thank you goodnight.