• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers vs. Ravens : Defensive comparison

Shamrock

Defense Vs. Raiders

SD - BALT

Category

Points Allowed
0 - 6​

Sacks
9 - 6​

Turnovers
1 - 6​

Total yards
129 - 162​

Pass yards
42 - 123​

Rush yards
87 - 39​

1st downs
9 - 14​

Time of possession
24:12 - 27:59​

Those stats are both teams games against the Raiders (our game with the Titans, and the Ravens week one game is not factored in).

This is a straight comparison on how SD and Balt did vs. a common opponent.

BFISA

Shamrock said:
Defense Vs. Raiders

SD - BALT

Category

Points Allowed
0 - 6​

Sacks
9 - 6​

Turnovers
1 - 6​

Total yards
129 - 162​

Pass yards
42 - 123​

Rush yards
87 - 39​

1st downs
9 - 14​

Time of possession

Those stats are both teams games against the Raiders (our game with the Titans, and the Ravens week one game is not factored in).

Good stuff Bro!!:tup: :icon_toast:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Chargers will beat the Ravens most likely but the game will be very close and very physical. I watched the entire Baltimore game today, Jamal Lewis and Musa Smith will not run on us. The O-line will not be able to contain our pass rush and Ogden went down today I don't know the extent of his injury though. They have holes in their defense if we attack the air. They are not a disciplined team and commit stupid penalties. The key to this game is Philip Rivers and the WRs and after getting a feel for the Ravens pass defense I think we can pick them apart with the technicians we have in McCardell and Parker.

M

matilack

Advantage us though, coming off bye week will give "Big Philly Style" a chance to scout every inch of there defense.

Defenses are pretty even, but we have a better offense by far

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
In all likeliness they'll put Kiel or Edwards on Heap but I don't say its a better offer.
I think our offensive line is better then theirs. Our TEs are better, our RBs are better, and I frankly think our LBs are better. The rest is a real tossup. The key will be to smash the crap out of McNair and pound the ball away from Halota Ngata (I'm already wary of running against him)

BoltsFanUK

Shamrock said:
Defense Vs. Raiders

SD - BALT

Category

Points Allowed
0 - 6​

Sacks
9 - 6​

Turnovers
1 - 6​

Total yards
129 - 162​

Pass yards
42 - 123​

Rush yards
87 - 39​

1st downs
9 - 14​

Time of possession

We were able to get more sacks, Run for more yds and shutout Oakland:tup: I think we'll beat the ravens next week cause it will be a game won on D

M

matilack

BoltsFanUK said:
We were able to get more sacks, Run for more yds and shutout Oakland:tup: I think we'll beat the ravens next week cause it will be a game won on D

There D is slightly better, but our O is a lot better than theres.

We have a couple huge advantages!!!

1. Bye week(2 weeks to prep, this is big)

2. LT/Turner are a lot better than Jamal Lewis/Anderson(better running game all around)

3. Gates better than Heap(better passing game too)

4. Clutch veteran recievers (Theres are very young)

5. They will underestimate us(as always happens with east coast bias) Especially when were on D