• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers v. 9ers Game balls

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
O.k. I give my first ball to LT. 4 TDs and passing Lance Allsworth for the most TDs in Charger history. Game ball indeed.:bolt:

My second ball goes to Luis Castillo. His interception, and dominant line play earned the ball today.:bolt:

Who do your game balls go to?

WonderSlug

Rivers and LT get two game balls.

Also, our second half defense comes up big again, with 2 turnovers and 4 sacks (in the second half).

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #BoatUp #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Concudan said:
O.k. I give my first ball to LT. 4 TDs and passing Lance Allsworth for the most TDs in Charger history. Game ball indeed.:bolt:

My second ball goes to Luis Castillo. His interception, and dominant line play earned the ball today.:bolt:

Congrats to the all time Chargers TD leader LaDainian Tomlinson! 135 total yards, 4 TD's. He get's my game ball.

Shaun Phillips get's one on the D side. Provided pressure all day, 2 sacks, and a tip to assist Castillo's INT.

megold0715

Whats Uyp Bolts Family Well I Do Believe Toy Have To Give The Rock To L.t For Scoring More Touchdowns In Chargers History ,the Second Would Go To Rivers He Played Sick And Many More Passing Games To Come I The Future If There Is A Third To Be Given The Defense Could Pass It Around,i Would Give Everyone A Ball If It Was Possible There Were So Many Points Of The Game It Was A T E A M Effort .. Sorry Bout The Caps My Cap Lock Stuck Again ,,,,i Bleed Blue And Gold. Remember Though .if The Thunder Dont Get Ya The Lightning Will For Sure

Rivers gets the offensive gameball

Shaun Phillips gets the defensive game ball

Rivers is #5 in the LEAGUE in QB rating...:tup:

Shaun Phillips is #2 in the LEAGUE in sacks...:tup:

BFISA

Concudan said:

The 10 to 15K Bolt Fans in attendance!!:icon_mrgreen: :yes: :tup: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

bigcarson50

Marcus McNiel for getting to run with the rock for a yard!!!

OK seriously, LT on offense and Phillips on Defense.

Some strange/cool things.

Jamal tackling someone who had caught a pass

Scifres free kick. It seems that most free kicks yield better field position than that. Anytime he holds for Kaeding more than he kicks the ball himself is good.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Rivers
LT

I won't give out any to the Chargers defense
That's a protest
we should never have allowed as many points as we did or allowed the 49ers to walk over us so thoroughly

exodus

PostAnteaterCharger said:
Rivers
LT

I won't give out any to the Chargers defense
That's a protest
we should never have allowed as many points as we did or allowed the 49ers to walk over us so thoroughly
:tdown:

Wade got their heads together in the second half. The niners do have some offensive firepower. But yeah, I was disapointed in some of their play in the first half...:unsure:

Maybe it is taking them time to wear out the o-line and make their adjustments or something. I dunno.

Philips gets a ball though. Teams are going to have to worry about him for the rest of the season.

And LT, 4 TD's, new record! I was totally pissed they didn't give him props on that stupid snf game. Jerks.

AnteaterRaider

Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Still they didn't get pressure most of the first half, they let the niners run outside and the cornerbacks didn't cover properly. You can't look at their performance and tell me that's the norm of hte SD Charger defense
There's no way they shoulda scored as much as they did

exodus

PostAnteaterCharger said:
Still they didn't get pressure most of the first half, they let the niners run outside and the cornerbacks didn't cover properly. You can't look at their performance and tell me that's the norm of hte SD Charger defense
There's no way they shoulda scored as much as they did
It wouldn't bother me, but it's what happened against the Steelers too. First half just looked flat. But c'mon, you gotta give them a little bit for turning it on and shutting them down.:tup:

Smith made some throws that were almost impossible to defense early in the game, plus they used a lot of screens, rollouts, and misdirection to keep our front-seven off-balance.

It was only a matter of time before someone started to dissect our defense. It's actually good that it happened in a blowout win because it gives Wade something to work on without having to pay for the information with a loss. And they still haven't allowed an offense to put up 300 total yards or 20 points in any game this year. They're doing pretty good.

AnteaterRaider

Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Boltdiehard said:
The fans for turning that place into Qualcomm North. :icon_rofl: :bolt: :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :icon_party:
wooohooo i got a game ball
who's going to present it to trumpet man? :lol:

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
boltssbbound said:
Don't forget Marty.

Why is it when you like the offensive playcalling you attribute it to Cam, and when you don't, it's all Marty's doing?
Because it's friggin obvious when Marty puts the handcuffs on Cam, and yesterday wasn't one of those days.

Plus I hate Marty.

:D