Chargers - to LA

SuperCharger92

Winners Win
Sep 25, 2011
Boston, Massachuesetts
I will cheer for this team no matter what. San Diego deserves a team over LA, but if the Chargers make the move, I will still root for them. I just hope the move comes with changes. Like from ownership down...... wishful thinking

Blitzy

Spanos Chargers Troll
May 7, 2011
North County
Not happening. Also disagree that LA "deserves" a team. Why? They're the only city in history that had 2 NFL team bail on them.
I listened to Al Michael on Mighty 1090 regarding this new paradigm in light of the fact which you have already stated.

According to Al, Los Angeles will definitely get at least one team, if not two because the LA basin and its surroundings (including SD County) is populated by over 18 million people which is a huge market in comparison to some smaller markets which already boast 2 teams!

Further, Al had said that both the Raiders coliseum and the Rams stadium in Anaheim were originally built to cater for both baseball and football, the same as many stadiums were back in the days, including the San Diego stadium aka The Q. The Coliseum was already a dump which has become a very scary place to go to because of all the unsavory [sic] Raider fans. According to Al, the relocated team(s) will cater to many fans.

My biggest issue is with the ineptitude of ownership of this franchise and their way of handling their business.

M

matilack

I listened to Al Michael on Mighty 1090 regarding this new paradigm in light of the fact which you have already stated.

According to Al, Los Angeles will definitely get at least one team, if not two because the LA basin and its surroundings (including SD County) is populated by over 18 million people which is a huge market in comparison to some smaller markets which already boast 2 teams!

Further, Al had said that both the Raiders coliseum and the Rams stadium in Anaheim were originally built to cater for both baseball and football, the same as many stadiums were back in the days, including the San Diego stadium aka The Q. The Coliseum was already a dump which has become a very scary place to go to because of all the unsavory [sic] Raider fans. According to Al, the relocated team(s) will cater to many fans.

My biggest issue is with the ineptitude of ownership of this franchise and their way of handling their business.
You gotta wonder though, with the Raiders history in LA, who says..."I have to be a Charger fan." Then you have to consider that they're the better team right now, and whoever can win first will likely garner the most support; because that's just the way fans are.

I think any team moving to LA is questionable, but especially the Chargers, and especially the Chargers WITH the Raiders. Rams aren't much better.

Blitzy

Spanos Chargers Troll
May 7, 2011
North County
You gotta wonder though, with the Raiders history in LA, who says..."I have to be a Charger fan." Then you have to consider that they're the better team right now, and whoever can win first will likely garner the most support; because that's just the way fans are.

I think any team moving to LA is questionable, but especially the Chargers, and especially the Chargers WITH the Raiders. Rams aren't much better.
I mostly agree with you, however if the NFL is gunning for more the "corporate" type of fans, then the Chargers and the Rams are not as tough of a sale as the Raiders. I mean who the farq in their right mind would want pitch battles between the Mongols and the Hells Angles every other weekend? :D

M

matilack

IF and I still strongly doubt it happens the Chargers do move to LA. Then I will root against them until I die.
I'm leaning this way too.

It's either give up on the NFL or try to adopt the Seahawks, but I sure as shit will never EVER wear anything with the letters LA on it.

ChargerMike

BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha
Sep 14, 2012
Iowa
Latest hypothetical rumblings is of a "team swap" between Kroenke and Spanos......where Kroenke would get the Chargers and
Inglewood........and Spanos would get the Rams and stay in St. Louis.

SDRaiderH8er

Apr 27, 2006

Building multi use stadiums used to be the way of life for many cities. Those days are gone.

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
Jul 11, 2006
Long ways to go before this b!tch is put to bed. Soon as the smoke clears and the flames are raging is when it will really get fun. There will be some big time blocks thrown all over the place to get a better foothold, just wait and see.

HEXEDBOLT

Don't like it, lump it!!!
Jul 11, 2006
I've been a Bolt fan for no less than 50 years and if not for the owner would be sad to see them leave.

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
Not happening. Also disagree that LA "deserves" a team. Why? They're the only city in history that had 2 NFL team bail on them.
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say LA deserves a team but all the hoopla over two teams leaving them is way overblown in these conversations.

For starters the fact that one of those teams was an Al Davis led team automatically disqualifies one of them.

Secondly, those same two teams are trying their best to come back...

Blue Bolt

Persona Non Grata
Oct 28, 2009
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say LA deserves a team but all the hoopla over two teams leaving them is way overblown in these conversations.

For starters the fact that one of those teams was an Al Davis led team automatically disqualifies one of them.

Secondly, those same two teams are trying their best to come back...
Don't see how that's really that relevant when it's not the "teams" that matter, it's the ownership... and that has changed.

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
Don't see how that's really that relevant when it's not the "teams" that matter, it's the ownership... and that has changed.
One of those owners is a prominent and very successful business owner.

The other is the son of one of the two owners who left LA.

Blue Bolt

Persona Non Grata
Oct 28, 2009
One of those owners is a prominent and very successful business owner.

The other is the son of one of the two owners who left LA.
Yes, I'm well aware..... they are still two different people than the ones who orchestrated the original moves. Speaking of "teams" tends to gloss over that fact.

Blitzy

Spanos Chargers Troll
May 7, 2011
North County
Yes, I'm well aware..... they are still two different people than the ones who orchestrated the original moves. Speaking of "teams" tends to gloss over that fact.
Seriously though, let's assume for a minute that the relocation application is delayed by one year, to see what else is going to develop win 2016 within the labyrinth of the NFL and the City's political framework .

Those who can not stand the Spanoses anymore would have to be a glutton for pain and punishment to wish for one more year of asinine PR and infield ineptitude. Can you imagine one more year of McCoy and Reich?! IMHO, the sooner that they are gone, if that is going to eventually materialize, the better for those remaining loyal fans who wish to take their loyalties to LA with a Spanos owned team.

Blue Bolt

Persona Non Grata
Oct 28, 2009
Seriously though, let's assume for a minute that the relocation application is delayed by one year, to see what else is going to develop win 2016 within the labyrinth of the NFL and the City's political framework .

Those who can not stand the Spanoses anymore would have to be a glutton for pain and punishment to wish for one more year of asinine PR and infield ineptitude. Can you imagine one more year of McCoy and Reich?! IMHO, the sooner that they are gone, if that is going to eventually materialize, the better for those remaining loyal fans who wish to take their loyalties to LA with a Spanos owned team.
Those people are dead to me. ;)

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
So, regardless of who's behind it and whether or not they're the same person, why is teams leaving some kind of definitive proof but not two, but three teams trying their hardest to get there something to be dismissed?

Blue Bolt

Persona Non Grata
Oct 28, 2009
So, regardless of who's behind it and whether or not they're the same person, why is teams leaving some kind of definitive proof but not two, but three teams trying their hardest to get there something to be dismissed?
Money see monkey do. Was Spanos really pushing that hard to get to LA before Kroenke made his project public knowledge? Davis was doing nothing on his own.