Chargers still interested in Ty Law?

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
If we can get him without paying a premium, I'd still love to see him play here. Especially when one of the teams with strong interest is KC. I'd rather we had him, than have to play against him twice a year.

Reader Richard Cole of Encinitas would like to know why the Chargers don't take a look at Ty Law.

We thought we knew, but we thought wrong. The Chargers have looked at the free-agent cornerback, and they have yet to look away.

“His agent called before the draft and we discussed it,” Bolts General Manager A.J. Smith said Friday. “We have interest.”

Smith used the present tense “have,” to indicate that his interest is ongoing. Which, when you think about it, ought to be obvious. Though the Chargers spent their first-round draft choice on cornerback Antonio Cromartie, they are not so deep in the secondary as to ignore the availability of a five-time Pro Bowler.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/sullivan/20060604-9999-1s4sullivan.html

Jrocthadino

BoltTalker
Nov 13, 2005
YA BABY!!!!

ABOUT TIME ALL THE PREACHING AND POSTING GOT US SOMEWHERE!!! All I do on this board is give accolades to the man TY LAW!!!

Why settle for Plummer if you can have LAW. If I keep posting things seem to happen. Maybe Theisman will jump off a bridge.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Jrocthadino said:
YA BABY!!!!

ABOUT TIME ALL THE PREACHING AND POSTING GOT US SOMEWHERE!!! All I do on this board is give accolades to the man TY LAW!!!

Why settle for Plummer if you can have LAW. If I keep posting things seem to happen. Maybe Theisman will jump off a bridge.
I've always thought Theisman was a pompous ass. In theory, I'd love for him to jump off a bridge, but in reality I don't wish harm on anyone, even a jack ass like that.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
Only question with Law
Can we control him?

Any free agent, let alone one that gets double digit interceptions, should NOT be the last guy left two years in a row unless there's something WRONG in a BIG BIG way. He's a major cancer and for a guy that preaches quality guys, Law would be a headache of monumental proportions. Having said that, those 10ints would be nice

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Only question with Law
Can we control him?

Any free agent, let alone one that gets double digit interceptions, should NOT be the last guy left two years in a row unless there's something WRONG in a BIG BIG way. He's a major cancer and for a guy that preaches quality guys, Law would be a headache of monumental proportions. Having said that, those 10ints would be nice
I agree with VA, it's about the money. Besides, Kevin Postin is his agent, what does that tell you. A bunch of teams would love to have Law, but nobody is willing to pay his price tag.

All it takes is a preseason injury for a team to be desperate enough to sign for his price. If he doesn't sign by late preseason, his price will drop.