Chargers Offered a 3rd Round pick but say NO for Donnie Edwards

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Chargers | Team refused third-round pick from Saints for Edwards
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 04:51:12 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the New Orleans Saints had offered a third-round draft pick for San Diego Chargers LB Donnie Edwards, however the offer was rejected by general manager A.J. Smith.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
leisure said:
Fix the title of this thread or drink some more coffee :icon_evil:
I will send a candygram or half a gram or free passes to a shooting gallery as an incentive for Officer Mansker to deliver the "goods".

Donnie is lucky he gets to showcase his shit otherwise - Mansker lives in Escondido which is real close to wherever Donnie lives. Do the math. :icon_eek:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
AJ gave them a deadline of Saturday and after that it would be a second rounder because he wanted to focus on the season.

Mickey Loomis fuc't with the wrong GM and got his ass spanked by gawd. :icon_rofl:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
LOL I love his pressure tactics and fully expect it to work. If NO loses a linebacker and miraculously gets to 3-2 before the deadline we might just get a 2nd rounder :icon_mrgreen:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Can't imagine they'd trade him now with the Foley thing.

M

matilack

Trumpet_Man said:
I will send a candygram or half a gram or free passes to a shooting gallery as an incentive for Officer Mansker to deliver the "goods".

Donnie is lucky he gets to showcase his shit otherwise - Mansker lives in Escondido which is real close to wherever Donnie lives. Do the math. :icon_eek:
HAHAHA,:icon_eek: :icon_rofl:

We'll take no less than a second rounder for Donnie, as well we should now that Foley is out for the season, and Donnie isnt really a second rate player.

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
Trumpet_Man said:
It's not too early to use phrases like "pull the trigger is it?" :icon_mrgreen:
I'm sure some bleeding heart liberal puke will come at you with psuedo-indignation for your insensitivity but I say phuc em.

Take away your insensitivity and what do you have left? :icon_shrug:

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
leisure said:
Don't you guys read the sports fish wraps? New Orleans traded for a bunch of LB's including the Raiders Clark and now have plenty of LB's.....the do not need Donnie...GAWD phuc'd up I guess :lol:
I'm sure gathering up crappy teams cast-offs really helped them solidify their LB corps.

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
eldwin said:
YES.

A few folks seem to think that WE have to keep Edwards now that Foley is out, but I don't think that's the case.

Wilhelm, Cooper, Dobbins more than proved to me that they can be as effective, if not better than Donnie in the middle.
Ed Zachary.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
sdchrger said:
I'm sure some bleeding heart liberal puke will come at you with psuedo-indignation for your insensitivity but I say phuc em.

Take away your insensitivity and what do you have left? :icon_shrug:
My huevos ?

My huevos. :bolt:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
eldwin said:
YES.

A few folks seem to think that WE have to keep Edwards now that Foley is out, but I don't think that's the case.

Wilhelm, Cooper, Dobbins more than proved to me that they can be as effective, if not better than Donnie in the middle.
Short sighted Eldwin. One injury to a LB during the season (after shipping Donna off) and we are suddenly very thin in the key position of a 3-4 D.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
leisure said:
quiver this biatch :icon_mrgreen:
http://media.putfile.com/Leisure-16

LB Donnie Edwards wore a smile, as he at least will get to play the opener. "Looks like I'm here,'' said Edwards, who has been on the trading block. "I can't wait to go out there and make some plays.''
Man were you nervous, I have seen sixth graders give book reports before the class with more oomph than you displayed!

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
Concudan said:
So you know the truth now!

Did you have anything to add to this conversation you attention whore, or did you just want to announce your presence?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
eldwin said:
We'd still have Godfrey, Wilhelm, Cooper, Dobbins, in the middle.. all of those guys are starting material.

I agree that an injury would suck, but its part of the game.

If Jamal went down (knock on wood) we'd be screwed.
That is true, so why futher weaken the LB corps by shipping off Donna now? That doesnt make good football sense IMO. AJ better find a backup for Jamal next season, the guy is gettin no younger.